Update: Microsoft will be moving away from UserVoice sites on a product-by-product basis throughout the 2021 calendar year. We will leverage 1st party solutions for customer feedback. Learn more here.

(General Feedback)

Do you have an idea or suggestion based on your experience with Azure? We would love to hear it! Please take a few minutes to submit your idea in the one of the forums available on the right or vote up an idea submitted by another Azure customer. All of the feedback you share in these forums will be monitored and reviewed by the Microsoft engineering teams responsible for building Azure.

This forum (General Feedback) is used for any broad feedback related to Azure. If you have feedback on a specific service such as Azure Virtual Machines, Web Apps, or SQL Database, please submit your feedback in one of the forums available on the right.

Remember that this site is only for feature suggestions and ideas!

If you have technical questions or need help with Azure, reach out to us on Microsoft Q&A or try StackOverflow

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Make DMV quotas configurable

Currently the limit on DMV logging is set to 10k. This hardly enough history to look back even a few hours for many organizations. Query Store allows us to go back 7 days but this option lacks the user/login information so has limited utility. Now we are forced to come up with a custom process.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Product changes notification in Azure portal

I see Microsoft is pushing cloud product changes aggressively which is good in terms of new improved functionality. However, there should be an option to get notified for any new change to the existing subscribed product.
    e.g. I see TLS 1.2 option for SQL server was recently added in Azure portal. However, unless you re-visit the setting you even don't get a clue if it has been made available. It will be great if there is an option which enables subscription to such change notification.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Report on Hybrid Benefit usage

Provide a propper way to report on AHB. The Azure portal shows which virtual machines have enabled AHB. For SQL this can be seen in the product column of the billing file. As a license manager I do favour for a single overview of AHB deployment. The report should list all machines that have windows Server and/or SQL running and which of them have AHB enabled on what type of machine (#vcores) in which subscription and RG.
    I had already logged a support ticket for this issue 120060224003970 but this one could not solve the issue. Thanks for your suport

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Currently, when exchanging RI's you can only exchange for a more expensive one

Currently, when exchanging RI's you can only exchange for a more expense VM. There is an error generated when trying to exchange for a lower amount so you have to go back and cancel the RI and add in a complete new one. This should just be a standard part of the exchange tool.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Support Multiple Currencies when scaling

I often scale databases and web apps, I often use the scaling pricing to let me peers no what cost increases would be. Currently I use GBP and when i go to scale a Web App Or Database the currency shown is USD. It would be nice to pick a currency per for displaying per subscription or maybe at a more granular level of resource groups. If nothing is set for resource groups inherit the currency from the subscription. I have also seen the currency differ in cost analysis areas too

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. 1 Subnet for all services that require dedicate subnet.

As I know that there are many services require dedicate subnet. If we use a lot of those services, eventually we will run out of subnet. If we create /30 subnet, we can't scale up much.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Azure licensing reprocess

further in look about the said issue where in deleted users need's to be relicensed first to solve licensing errors

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Az CLI - No password change by default

The AZ CLI online documentation indicates that the --force-change-password-next-login parameter is an optional parameter and does not actually indicate a default value.

First ask will be to make the --force-change-password-next-login by default or better indicate that the default is false.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. new features for Azure firewall

if Azure firewall could provide IDPS service, Anti-malware, threat detection/prevention and L7 filtering etc, it would be better.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. PowerApps push notification connector broken on new scale groups

We are running into an error when attempting to build a Power App using PowerAppsNotification.SendPushNotification, which claims that "the Client certificate was not provided". In addition to receiving this certification error, the notification event does not run. We believe this is an issue with back end services.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. PowerPoint Add-in crashes with getFileAsync() for large PPT files

Add-in: Adobe Stock PowerPoint
    File size: >=900MB

When processing PowerPoint files larger than 900MB, the Adobe Stock add-in crashes if the getFileAsync() method is used. The crash occurs when sliced file data is being saved to a temporary array, and exception handling cannot be implemented because no error is thrown.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Application Gateway V2 issue

In fact, the problem is comming from creating an AG in version2.
    If you create an AG in V2 (ex : Standard V2 that is selected by default in the interface) it’s not possible to attach a NSG.
    This is very annoying if we need to manage some specific rules for access, for exemple filtering traffic by IP addresses.

So, if you want to be able to attach a NSG, you must create an AG in version 1.

a solution will be to not put the version 2 by default and ask to the user to select a version. it…

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Make it easier to receive credit for TDS deduction in India

Since the TDS (Tax deducted at Source ) is an part of an online system in India , Microsoft should automate the Tax credit due to customers by looking it up on the Indian Income Tax website rather than make clients download the TDS certificates and submit it in a manual process.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Azure Image Builder - Specify storage account type for each replication region

The imageTemplate schema for specifying replication regions doesn't seem to allow me to specify different storage account types for replication regions. I'd like to use ZRS where possible, but not all regions, such as West US, support ZRS. In those scenarios, we should be allowed to define the Standard or Premium LRS.

The SIG image version schema already supports this. The AIB image definition schema should match.

"targetRegions":[
    {
    "name":"West US 2",
    "regionalReplicaCount":1,
    "storageAccountType":"StandardZRS"
    },
    {
    "name":"East US 2",
    "storageAccountType":"Standard
    ZRS"
    },
    {
    "name":"East US",
    "storageAccountType":"StandardZRS"
    },
    {
    "name":"South Central US",
    "storageAccountType":"Standard
    LRS"
    }
    ]

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Azure Image Builder - Easy way to patch and update existing images

This feedback is specifically for shared image gallery, but I think it can apply for standard images as well. The use case is when we create an initial baseline image and publish it to the SIG as v1.0.0. From there, all we would be doing from a maintenance perspective is to publish patch versions that contain only security patch updates. v1.0.1 would be the next month's security patch updates. v1.0.2 would be the following month.

The current way that AIB works, I'd need to create a completely new image template definition for every patch update and the only thing I'd…

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Allow Azure customers in one country to pay with payment methods from other countries

My company in Morocco is using Azure to deploy our SaaS product.
    I want to pay for my subscription with a credit card from Europe.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Stand-alone MySQL - Bring it Back!

I really wanted to just download an install of MySQL on my laptop, and it seems that is no longer available. I have no interest in having to set up an Azure account, learn the intricacies of setting up pools, worry about if I'm going to be charged, and have my DB in the cloud. I just want a simple DB solution that can handle more than Access, once in a while. Why did you get rid of this??

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Azure DNS Export & Import DNS Zone from Azure Portal

Provide a way to export/import DNS zones from Azure DNS via the Azure Portal.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Subnet - DNS Resolution

Hello,
    it might be useful to select if the DNS resolution is applied to a Vlan, or in a few subnet within a Vlan.

Thank you

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Brain link interface if I thought It there no reason it can't be portrayed to external viewing easy stuff with telepathy

Brain interface not cheap but if ive already got a mind with telepathy then get moving rfids and nfc,radar,radiation,Bluetooth so I had this mini basket ball hop I want to put screen on it so the ball can be tracked am for speed, force and anywAy get with the program with these mirror mirror on the wall smart mirrors all girls need a mirror that measures them and gives image of what they will look like in the pretty princess dress all guys want to see Taylor made suiy fitting in real time 4d with delivery and fiting options provide…

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

(General Feedback)

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base