Update: Microsoft will be moving away from UserVoice sites on a product-by-product basis throughout the 2021 calendar year. We will leverage 1st party solutions for customer feedback. Learn more here.

(General Feedback)

Do you have an idea or suggestion based on your experience with Azure? We would love to hear it! Please take a few minutes to submit your idea in the one of the forums available on the right or vote up an idea submitted by another Azure customer. All of the feedback you share in these forums will be monitored and reviewed by the Microsoft engineering teams responsible for building Azure.

This forum (General Feedback) is used for any broad feedback related to Azure. If you have feedback on a specific service such as Azure Virtual Machines, Web Apps, or SQL Database, please submit your feedback in one of the forums available on the right.

Remember that this site is only for feature suggestions and ideas!

If you have technical questions or need help with Azure, reach out to us on Microsoft Q&A or try StackOverflow

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. CDN need front end HTTPS and visit origin server by HTTP

CDN need front end HTTPS and visit origin server by HTTP.

Currently no matter Akamai CDN or Verizon CDN can't use different protocal for frontend and backend.

Need to know when we could let Azure Microsoft CDN realize this function in the future.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Enforce Policy Rules During Resource Moves

Currently, resources can be moved from one subscription to another without the enforcement of policy rules. A resource can be moved from a subscription with no policy assigned to a subscription with policy assigned, even if that resource violates the new subscription's policies. This creates a very big, wide open back-door for people who don't want to be bothered with policy compliancy.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. update version of mssql driver for java in document page

I followed document link (https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/sql/connect/jdbc/connecting-using-azure-active-directory-authentication?view=sql-server-ver15) to develop java application to connect to azure ad with AuthenticationMSI. The document mentions minimum version of ms-sql driver is 7.2 but My application run with spring boot 2.2.6 which have dependency of ms-sql driver at 7.4 (https://mvnrepository.com/artifact/org.springframework.boot/spring-boot-dependencies/2.2.6.RELEASE) and still cannot connect until up to latest 8.x, I can connect to azure sql

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. I want to use only free version of Azure, don't paying

I want to use only free version od Azure. You send me a bill to pay 60$ and I have that money. Today I canceled my subscription. Plese, store your bill/invoice. It is my mistake.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. I want to use only free version of Azure, don't paying

I want to use only free version od Azure. You send me a bill to pay 60$ and I have that money. Today I canceled my subscription. Plese, store your bill/invoice. It is my mistake.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. 1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. the problem is that the recon file is for the billing of resellers, they cant know what sub name is what.

the recon file for the billing of resellers does not show subscription name, and shows "jibberish". we cant process it for our resellers and let them break it down for their customers.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. 1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Allow payment of invoices using ACH or EFT and not only wires or check

Allow payment of invoices using ACH or EFT and not only wires or check. These payment methods are significantly cheaper per transaction than wire or check - especially outside of USA

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. azure hybrid benefit pricing

Please default the "Azure Hybrid Benefit" option to off on the Window Azure VM pricing page (https://azure.microsoft.com/en-gb/pricing/details/virtual-machines/windows/). Or give us an option to control it globally on the page. It is painful to have to go through the process of switching it off on every single new table to obtain the basic price for an instance. I'm sure some people want it but surely the default ought to be "off".

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Reservation of resource FQDN prefix (or other enterprise identifying part)

Reserve a given prefix or other enterprise identifying part of a resource FQDN for given enterprise subscriptions as the resource name (Storage account blob, SQL resource name or other) becomes part of the public FQDN which could be accidentally already reserved by others and disturbs the enterprise resource naming conventions.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. HDInsight

A single source of monitoring log that would include everything that can be done to a database - logins, actions on the data (Hive queries included) role assignment changes, etc. In one place, not just for ESP via Ranger (because Ranger doesn't cover HBase HDInsight clusters).

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Unified audit log for HDInsight Hadoop or HBase clusters

A single source of monitoring log that would include everything that can be done to a database - logins, actions on the data (Hive queries included) role assignment changes, etc. In one place, not just for ESP via Ranger (because Ranger doesn't cover HBase HDInsight clusters).

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. 1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Basically, what IS Azure? And, why Azure?

The one thing your Azure blurb doesn't actually say is, basically, what IS Azure, and why would I even want to continue to wade through your details on what is included before entering into your free trial period.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Enable correlation between KeyVault keys and Resources using the key

Users may need to get a list of all the resources using a specific key in a vault when they are planning a change or for compliance purposes. A way to pull a list of all resources using a key will help in this process.
    There is no way to pull such a list currently(that I am aware of).
    The ability to pull that list may be restricted to users with a specific role on the vault.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Add scripts/process to create logins and SQL Jobs not created while setting up MI georeplication

• Why logins and SQL jobs creation is not mentioned clearly in - documentation for this MI georeplication

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/azure-sql/database/auto-failover-group-configure?tabs=azure-portal#sql-managed-instance

Suggestion is to clarify documentation also provides scripts/process to achieve this task

Thanks

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Include Address Line 2 on invoices from MCA

Within an Microsoft Customer Agreement you can enter your address for both Billing Account and Billing Profile.
    At both levels you can enter an Address Line 2.
    On the invoice the content of the field is not included.

Please include that content (if other than blank).

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Azure Databricks - Support for different Tables ACL's across on Workspace

Currently the ACL's are maintained at a Databricks Workspace level. Meaning DBX imposes access restriction on the DB Objects only at the workspace level, this beats the purpose of having different HC Clusters can point to different Metastores.
    For a database "dbfinance", I should be able to grant ALL PRIVILEGES in HC Dev Cluster and only SELECT privileges in HC QA cluster rather having to create one database for dev "dbfinancedev" and one for QA "dbfinance_qa"

With this I don't have create one workspace per region(DEV, QA, PROD,) instead create one workspace and create 3 clusters…

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Customer wants to insert a document greater than 2MB in CosmosDB . As of now it is a hard limit but they want us to increase the limit .

Customer wants to insert a document greater than 2MB in CosmosDB . As of now it is a hard limit but they want us to increase the limit in future

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

(General Feedback)

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base