Update: Microsoft will be moving away from UserVoice sites on a product-by-product basis throughout the 2021 calendar year. We will leverage 1st party solutions for customer feedback. Learn more here.

(General Feedback)

Do you have an idea or suggestion based on your experience with Azure? We would love to hear it! Please take a few minutes to submit your idea in the one of the forums available on the right or vote up an idea submitted by another Azure customer. All of the feedback you share in these forums will be monitored and reviewed by the Microsoft engineering teams responsible for building Azure.

This forum (General Feedback) is used for any broad feedback related to Azure. If you have feedback on a specific service such as Azure Virtual Machines, Web Apps, or SQL Database, please submit your feedback in one of the forums available on the right.

Remember that this site is only for feature suggestions and ideas!

If you have technical questions or need help with Azure, reach out to us on Microsoft Q&A or try StackOverflow

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. add copy to clipboard to common attributes in all blades

this feature has been removed with new release recently date 06/25/2020 add copy to clipboard to common attributes private ip address, resource group name in RG blade

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. I would like to be able to disable or remove Intune auto-registration settings without Azure AD Premium P1 after the Intune license expires.

I would like to be able to disable or remove Intune auto-registration settings without Azure AD Premium P1 after the Intune license expires.

After using a trial license that includes Intune, Intune Auto-Registration remains enabled and Azure AD Join fails to work.

https://docs.microsoft.com/ja-jp/mem/intune/enrollment/quickstart-setup-auto-enrollment

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. build a way to stop building new resources after you reach a set budget threshold

Need a way to stop people from over spending. The PFEs already have this feature where they are allocated a certain $ Credits per month and when the credits are exhausted they are prevented from spinning up new resources. Can this feature be extended to customers as well?

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Storage Contributor role is not enough to generate SAS tokens

Blob Storage documentation suggests to use 'Contributor' role to generate SAS token, however it needs 'generateUserDelegationKey' permission, which is not mentioned in the documentation. Please update documentation reflecting the permission requirements.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. populate marketplace information on provisioned VM

populate marketplace information on provisioned VM e.g OS image information , support , cost model PAYG/BYOG, etc, under overview tab or new tab.

its really hard to identify OS image info once VM is provisioned

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. provide link back to ticket in support emails

In updates from Azure Support regarding an open ticket, there is no link back to the open ticket in the Support Portal. There are links to the Service Dashboard and Create a new Case, but it seems trivial to provide a link back to the current support ticket. Rather I have to navigate the portal each time.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. 1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Provide an RI option in TCO Calculator

Provide an RI option in TCO Calculator

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. fix Azure Calculator Pricing problem on E8 series for RI

When VM Instance type; E8 V4 8 core option is selected, it defaults back to B1S series when I attempt to get RI pricing.
    See below.
    https://azure.com/e/0f222f74971f449985e035aefa3f1c4e

Can you fix this please or advise.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Have twine tool preinstalled

It would be great that we can use twine.exe for uploading packages to ADO feed.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Add the ability to detect idle resources and send alerts

When running batch jobs in a) the Batch Service (batch pools of VMs), or b) on individual stand-alone VMs, it is quite easy to leave idle resources allocated after the batch job has completed (success or failure).

When using the Batch service, you can configure a batch job to use an auto pool, which auto deletes when the job ends. But if you mess up that settings and create a manual pool, then it can hang around. We had one hang around for almost 3 days after the initial 5 hour batch job had completed, and were only alerted to…

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Allow Azure Database Sync to be pinned on the Dashoard

I want to check quickly sync logs from dashboard in my Databyse sync group. Now i must drill down on SQL databse until i reach the sync Group

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Add app service, configuration, general settings, stack settings to an api call

It would be nice to have the stack settings included in an existing app service api call. Basically, mirror in the api what the portal shows.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Import/Export Data Tier time stamps

Instead of just getting info that step succeeded or not, include time stamp for when the event occured.
    Makes it easier to create plans when doing dry runs that take hours.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. APIM Basic SKU base Capacity metrics very high

A vanilla new APIM Basic SKU capacity meter can show utilization over 30% of it's capacity and CPU with no requests being routed through it.
    This is not occurring to Developer or Standard SKUs.
    I expect same behavior as other SKUs.
    Azure support is unable to tell what in background churns APIM resources.
    This becomes particularly critical as you start routing production traffic through and something may suddenly take 30+% of your capacity.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Let the Load Balancer create rules with forwarding based on source network

We have several networks connecting to the same loadbalancer. Based on the network the connection it is coming from, it has to continue to a specific port. For example connections from 172.1.1.0/24 to port 8000 should go to the backendpool port 9000 and connections from 172.1.2.0/24 also port 8000 should go to backendpool port 9100. This is not possible with the Azure load balancer.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Azure Free Account Tip

I suggest improving the information on Azure cloud services when creating a free account, since on the website it indicates 12-month use for free with a credit of 170 euros. But when using the services, in my case I tried creating a virtual machine with windows server and I used it for 1 week, and then I turned it off, and the credit consumed me very quickly, oh surprise, today I had 2 invoices of 21 approximately usd I had to pay per month, for 2 months a value of approximately 40 usd in a free azure account, which is…

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Reduce the Apps on home page. There are too many apps that will never be used.

Give the user the right to delete apps that have no relevance. Do not allow an app to appear unless the user agrees to it.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Change from specific email to user role for managing azure subscriptions

Hi, I recently attempted to upgrade our Azure Support Plan and was very frustrated when I continually got an (unspecified) error. I then put in a normal support ticket so I could resolve the purchase issue. The resolution was that the specific person who purchased the Azure subscription had to be the one who also upgraded the support. And, in order to do that myself the subscription would have to be migrated to my account.

This, to me, seems like a poor practice. Maybe I am missing something, but why isn't this activity part of roles and rights? While we…

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Restrict DBA access to Azure database

For financial transaction, we may have multiple persons to approve a transaction or record. It will be helpful if there is a second person that can restraint DBA from updating records in the database for fraud prevention.

Is there a way to restrict DBA from directly updating records in database via query? DBA can create a SQL user who have write or update permission of tables. Or DBA can attach himself to a role that has that permission.

In the concept of second person for check or balances, would it help to have a second person who can set certain…

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

(General Feedback)

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base