(General Feedback)

Do you have an idea or suggestion based on your experience with Azure? We would love to hear it! Please take a few minutes to submit your idea in the one of the forums available on the right or vote up an idea submitted by another Azure customer. All of the feedback you share in these forums will be monitored and reviewed by the Microsoft engineering teams responsible for building Azure.

This forum (General Feedback) is used for any broad feedback related to Azure. If you have feedback on a specific service such as Azure Virtual Machines, Web Apps, or SQL Database, please submit your feedback in one of the forums available on the right.

Remember that this site is only for feature suggestions and ideas!

If you have technical questions or need help with Azure, please try StackOverflow or visit our MSDN forums

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Azure WebApp is displaying inappropriate message to End users, while blocking their IPs in Inbound IP restrictions

We have a WebApp, We restrict our app based on IPs, but we get frequent requests for addition and removal of allowed IPs.
    The users are requested to access the app only from approved centres, but still user are trying to access the app from non-approved locations, if we show a right message “You are not authorized to access the app” rather a misleading “web app stopped” we can avoid tickets. If not we will keep getting tickets saying the app is stopped.

Refer MS Support Case: 120012323002234

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Microsoft
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. New-AzureRMSubscription fails with "There must be an existing subscription with the offer up to a max number of subscriptions

We have over 65 subscriptions and New-AzureRmSubscription fails with "There must be an existing subscription with the offer up to a max number of subscriptions. Further details: Account must have between 1 and 49 existing subscriptions. 65 subscriptions were found. Please increase this limit".

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Open up azure bastion APIs for thrid party clients

Azure bastion could be a great way to connect to my VMs, but it only serves me well as a operator who wants an interactive session. When I want to deploy through ansible or similar.

So of these tools (like ansible) have extendable transport mechanisms, which could be extended to support bastion. But there seems to be no API documentation supporting that use case.

So I suggest: Document the azure bastion communication protocol and open it up for third-party clients so that not only every devop but also every tool can connect securely to azure instances.

Or even better for…

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Increase speed to load data in new Metrics Interface

New metrics interface looks much better than old one including new functions. But it take very long to load the data. Please work on increase speed to load metrics data

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Passwordreset service badly translated to swedish

Here are some suggestions that make the service more comprehensible:

Change the title "Gå tillbaka till ditt konto" (Go back to yout acount) to "Återställ ditt lösenord" (Reset your password).

Change the text "Kontrollera ditt mobiltelefonnummer" (Check your mobilephonenumber) to "Skriv ditt mobilnummer" (Type your mobilenumber).

Change the button text "Text" to "Skicka" (Send).

Change the text "Vi har skickat ett sms med verifieringskoden till din telefon" to "Skriv verifieringskoden som vi skickat till din telefon" (Write the verificationcode we sent to your telephone).

The text/subtitle "verifieringssteg 1 > välj ett nytt lösenord" is superfluous.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. number

Part Number (also known as Material ID and in the format AAA-123456) needs to be added to the Modern Commerce price list and billing recon file. We know they exist since they appear on explore and on rebate statements. We require these codes to check rebate qualifications and it's nonsensical that they are excluded and Modern is the only programme not showing them in the required places
    This is preventing our business from working efficiently

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Improve information in email communications

I received 3 notifications referencing 3 different subscriptions IDs for the TLS / PCI compliance adjustment.

None of them match the Azure subscription information for our organization or associated with my ID.

I've communicated this to MS a few times in the past, and it is better (before, they lacked any identifying information on some of the notifications). But ideally, it would be nice to have the Azure subscription Name & ID listed. And if you're emailing all owners listed on a subscription, have them all cc'd on the same mail as that'll give us hints as well in situations…

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  Kimberly Bolton responded

Thanks for your suggestion. Would you attach a copy of the email you are talking about? We can then match it to an existing template and see what needs to be adjusted.

8. Make F# a first class citizen on Azure Machine Learning Platform

https://twitter.com/Odytrice/status/996667198969188353
    Sarcasm aside

I think good F# support on the Azure ML Platform would be really nice. I already know F# and .NET and asking me to learn R or Python is a bit of a stretch.

Support here will be but not limited to:

• F# Samples and Examples for Consuming ML Models

• F# Script Execution Modules in Azure ML Studio Experiments

• (Optional) Support for TypeProvider Import Module

Also, if you could provide a way that the community can contribute to this effort, that would be nice too

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Add "Least Connection" style algorithm to Azure Load Balancers

Other manufacturers of LoadBalancer technology allow many different options for load balancing method.
    One of the most useful is "Least Connection" where new incoming sessions are routed to the server with the least number of client connections already.
    This makes for a very even and efficient distribution of traffic.
    The current sourceIP+protocol distribution is very uneven and puts more load on a single webserver.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Allow leave from Directory or Subscription

Sometimes partners or customers add their account in their subscriptions, to help implement some solutions or help investigated some problems or etc and our account has a large list of directories.

It could have a feature that would allow us to leave subscriptions or directories that we do not own or have more than one owner

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. incorporate tenant name in PaaS dns address

Is it possible to create all my corporate PaaS as *.TenantId.database.windows.net as an example? That way I can prevent my users from accessing their personal / other tenant PaaS and prevent dlp.
    I want to be able to grant wildcard access to my corporate PaaS services on the firewall.
    Thanks

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Azure Automation & Source Control - Sync FROM Azure TO source control

Currently Source Control (Preview) for Azure Automation allows you to sync from a source control repository into Azure Automation. I would like to see the reverse.

We have SysAdmins that write and deploy automation scripts, but do not use Visual Studio nor do they have any sort of software lifecycle to these scripts. There is no need as they are automating administrative tasks.

By connecting the automation accounts to source control (such as Azure DevOps) and allowing synchronization FROM Azure TO source control, the repository would act as a backup and automatic changelog.

Options would include to sync on every…

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Automatically split invoices over 10k in others less than 10k to avoid credit card payment issues

My credit card/bank has no issues processing amounts greater than 10k, but Azure cannot process those payments. Each month, I have to create a new support ticket with Azure and ask for splitting the invoice and Azure re-process the payment successfully. Solution will be to increase that 10k limit. But if that is not possible, generate more than one invoice less than 10k.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Make a Fast/lite version of portal.azure.com

The azure portal is phenomenal and I love multiple blades stacks side by side however that comes with a caveat of
    * high memory usage,
    * 975 million javascript file
    * breaks so often and the only way to know what happened is to look at the js console.
    * is soooo slow.

Please create an alternative lightning fast version with less javascript and low latency.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. SSH connection to the container of any instance

When scaling out Web App (Docker), please be able to connect to container of arbitrary instance with SSH. It is useful to be able to check the instance process etc. when something goes wrong.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Could you please stop me to delete my storage account for the Boot diagnostics of an existing VM?

I got an error when resizing my VM in Azure portal, the error showed that the boot diagnostics storage account was not found. And yes, the storage account was deleted by a mistake. But why could I delete the storage account which a VM still depends on when booting? 
    Deleting the boot diagnostics storage account does have many side effects, you cannot resize/reboot/start the VM anymore until you created a new one with same name (or disable the boot diagnostics, or change it to another existing storage account) as a workaround. 
    It would be much reasonable and effective to stop…

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Graph API to expose retrieval of available services for a domain or to automatically set domain to support all available services

Goal: Be able to configure domain for all provisioned Microsoft services.

Solution: Retrieve DNS records using

GET /domains/contoso.com/serviceConfigurationRecords

and configure the domain.

Issue: When domain is created and verified none of the DNS records can be retrieved (since domain does not support any services). To update supported services for a domain I need to know which ones can be supported.

Question:

• Is there a way to retrieve the list of all available services which I can use to patch the domain?

• Can I patch the domain in a way which will automatically set it to support all the…
    6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Azure DevOps Microsoft-hosted Agents have static ip addresses

When we create a pipeline that access to azure resource like Azure Container Registry, we cannot restrict ip addresses without scripts.
    https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/devops/organizations/security/allow-list-ip-url?view=azure-devops#microsoft-hosted-agents

Alternative option is having self-hosted agent.
    But it is not managed service.

If Microsoft-hosted agents have static ip addresses, we will easy to build secure systems.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Change Load Balancer hash algorithm for 2- and 3-tuple hashes

It appears that Load Balancer uses the same algorithm to calculate hashes for 2-, 3- and 5-tuple hashes. This way for 2- and 3-tuple hashes there is simply less input variables and source IP addresses from the same subnet receive the same hash value. With the same hash these clients get connected to the same node in the Load Balancer making very unbalanced load (in my case typical load distribution across 2-node LB is 90/10).

I suggest to change hash algorithm for 2- and 3-tuple hashes so it produces different hash values.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. When you provide a book for download, provide it in an eBook format (e.g., ePub) as well as PDF. PDFs typically don't read so well.

When you provide a book for download, provide it in an eBook format (e.g., ePub) as well as PDF. PDFs typically don't read so well on eBook readers like Kindles or iPads.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

(General Feedback)

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base