(General Feedback)

Do you have an idea or suggestion based on your experience with Azure? We would love to hear it! Please take a few minutes to submit your idea in the one of the forums available on the right or vote up an idea submitted by another Azure customer. All of the feedback you share in these forums will be monitored and reviewed by the Microsoft engineering teams responsible for building Azure.

This forum (General Feedback) is used for any broad feedback related to Azure. If you have feedback on a specific service such as Azure Virtual Machines, Web Apps, or SQL Database, please submit your feedback in one of the forums available on the right.

Remember that this site is only for feature suggestions and ideas!

If you have technical questions or need help with Azure, please try StackOverflow or visit our MSDN forums

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Azure Internal Load balancer

Able to get the logs for External Load Balancer. But not for Internal Load balancer. Please let us know whether we can get logs for Azure Internal Load balancer??? and also alert rules functionality is missing got both Azure external and internal load balancer.. let us know when it will be available

12 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Microsoft
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Non-consumption marketplace services to show within the EA marketplace charges usage report

The request is for non-consumption marketplace services to show within marketplace charges usage report.

As some of the marketplace purchases are licensed based, there isn’t a sub ID that is shown anywhere on the EA portal as to which sub they are affiliated with.

Other consumption based marketplace charges can be seen with a sub ID if the customer goes to EA > Reports > Download Usage > Monthly Report Download > Marketplace Charges.

Please add license based marketplace services to the marketplace reports with the subscription IDs.

12 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Add service tags for Azure PowerShell authentication and execution

When we currently authenticate and execute Azure PowerShell on Azure VM, we have to permit the Internet access on Firewall (e.g. NSG). But most customers want to restrict the Internet access as much as possible. I think it is important for more control and improving network security on Azure VM to add service tags for Azure PowerShell authentication and execution.

11 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Improve SSL Certificate Installs

The process of updating your existing SSL certificates on an application gateway is overly complicated. Focus on making this a better user experience that doesn't require power shell and with clear instructions and documentation. Renewing SSL certificates isn't a task anyone wants to do and today's poor user experience is a detriment to the product.

11 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Application Gateway service tag for IPs used to obtain backend health probe status in the portal.

At this time in order for backend health probe status in the portal to work, we need to open port 65505-65034 on the app gw subnet to get a healthy status. Customers are not comfortable in opening these ports to the internet. We should create a Service Tag for source IPs in Azure that reaches out to the app gw to get this status. This would put the customer at ease and less reluctant on opening these ports.

11 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Enable encryption for Ubuntu 18.04 VM

Please implements Ubuntu 18.04 LTS disk encryption.

11 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Azure Sponsorship

Please add spending limit for Azure Sponsorship, as it is not fair to the owner who has his/her PERSONAL credit card attached for a subscription that belongs to a corporate.

Upon depletion of the credit, the subscription shall be disabled and the owner's credit card shall not be charged, until the spending limit explicitly removed by the owner. Otherwise, this is a BIG TRAP that will put the owner in huge credit card debt (if the resources deployed are expensive).

10 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Allow multiple subscription owners on an invoiced pay-as-you-go subscription

We are a relatively small company with business critical deployments on Azure. We have an invoiced pay-as-you-go subscription, and simply would like to have multiple people in our organization with ownership-level access to our Azure subscription, to provide business continuity / redundancy. We are not in a position to engage via Enterprise Agreement, and were told that all we can do is transfer the subscription. Further, since we are invoiced, to transfer ownership to another individual within our company, we would need to go through MS credit again, and re-submit all the info required to be invoiced. This is a…

10 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Enable customer to request duplicate certificate from Azure Key Vault

Right now, customer uses DigiCert’s management portal to request duplicate certificates: https://www.digicert.com/ssl-support/wildcard-san-names.htm#sans_help_me.

It would be nice to if Azure Key Vault can help customer manage and auto update certificates to reduce manual work.

10 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. ask.azure.com

pl create ask.azure.com
    where azure users can create stackoverflow like questions which can be answered by experts and other community members

10 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Open-source Azure Storage Explorer

Providing a github repo for Azure Storage Explorer would make it cheaper for Microsoft to develop this product, enhance it's quality and features, and let the community develop a browser-based version of the electron app.

10 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Create Service Principal from CreateUIDefinitions like the Microsoft AKS definition has

I am trying to create a one click setup of an application running on top of Microsoft AKS. I want to create my UIDefinitions.json file, and I want it to have the option that Microsoft AKS wizard has which allows creation of a new service principal, and store the ID and securestring in a variable I can pass to my ARM template. However, I cannot find anything in the documentation that allows me to achieve that in the documentation (https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/managed-applications/create-uidefinition-overview) or the quick start templates on github.

How does one actually go about achieving this?

10 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Add "Addtional Security Verification" page to Conditional Access

We need to add "Additonal Security Verification", which shows up for MFA enabled user to configure MFA setting, to the list of Cloud Apps in Conditional Access so that they can block access to the page for specific users or non admin users.

I have some customers whose admins configure MFA settings such as mobile phones and the method for their users manually, and do not want the users to change the settings, such as mobile phone number.

10 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Add support for X.509 authentication

Add support for X.509 authentication. Allow me to configure which CAs to honor (allow me to honor just my own CAs). Allow me to associate X.509 certificates to Azure user accounts. This would enable authentication improvements for at least 2 use cases:
    - Higher level of assurance (X.509 on smart cards) for authentication to Azure Portal (e.g., Global Administrator needs stronger authentication options than currently available).
    - Mobile user authentication - certificates on mobile devices would be able to be used for authentication.

10 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Azure Data Lake Analytics: Schedule U-SQL Job

As discussed on Twitter (https://twitter.com/AzureSupport/status/1039492841431609344):

We currently have an Azure-only infrastructure, and we run both Azure Data Lake (ADL) and Azure Data Lake Analytics (ADLA). We use U-SQL jobs in ADLA to extract and store data from ADL for reporting and analytical purposes.

Because we have recurring jobs (both daily and monthly) we would like to schedule those to extract and store data without any human interaction.

Currently we see 2 options: automate a job-run through Data Factory, or Azure Automation (runbook that starts a U-SQL job). But a native scheduler in ADLA would be better. That way…

10 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Add 2016-DataCenter-Server-Core available for Virtual Machine Scale Set Deployments from Portal

The Microsoft managed list of available images for scale sets currently does not include Windows Server 2016 Core. Providing our own image works but is painful as we must maintain the image.

Since Windows Server Core images are already managed by Microsoft for IAAS VMs, you should also offer this images for scale sets.

10 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. rewrite the Azure CLI in Golang.

I tweeted about this somewhat jokingly and @AzureSupport directed me here. I imagine you plan on supporting and maintaining the Azure CLI for at least the next decade, and I can virtually guarantee that the total cost of doing so will be less if you rewrite in Go now. It will also be faster, easier to install, and generally provide a better experience for your users and developers. You've got some avid gophers at MSFT like Brian Ketelsen, Ashley McNamara, Jess Frazelle, etc. Ask them what they think!

10 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Add a service hook trigger that executes when status build changes

We use a slack service hook to make sure the builds are doing fine, but now the service is quite verbose and it would be great if we only got notified when the status got changed, from succeeded to fail and vice versa.

When we have twenty builds that succeeded you might miss that twenty first that failed.

10 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Give us the option to migration from Azure Licensing to HUB Licensing

If one creates a VM using the normal market place resources the licensing would be added to the bill where as with HUB we're able to use our EA's for licensing.

That said, there should be an option to migrate the VM from the original licensing to the HUB licensing without having to rebuild everything.

10 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Turn off TLS 1.0 for login.microsoftonline.com and any B2C AD tenants

TLS 1.0 is still enabled for login.microsoftonline.com and all B2C AD tenants. This is a security vulnerability and no one has the ability to turn this off (referencing ticket 118080218712156).

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

(General Feedback)

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base