(General Feedback)

Do you have an idea or suggestion based on your experience with Azure? We would love to hear it! Please take a few minutes to submit your idea in the one of the forums available on the right or vote up an idea submitted by another Azure customer. All of the feedback you share in these forums will be monitored and reviewed by the Microsoft engineering teams responsible for building Azure.

This forum (General Feedback) is used for any broad feedback related to Azure. If you have feedback on a specific service such as Azure Virtual Machines, Web Apps, or SQL Database, please submit your feedback in one of the forums available on the right.

Remember that this site is only for feature suggestions and ideas!

If you have technical questions or need help with Azure, please try StackOverflow or visit our MSDN forums

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Need more detailed level of firewall rule option to allow access from Azure Insight resources such as ADF,SA etc.

Azure SQL Database is a major output resource for Data Factory(ADF) and Stream Analytics(SA), but these PaaS applications do not have a static IP address.
    Therefore making it impossible to setup a robust Firewall configuration.
    We understand that [Allow access to Azure services] is designed to handle this sort of situations, but it is way too loose from security point of view, since it allows access from all the resources on Azure including those are NOT owned by the users.
    which is a risk and to achieve more secured environment, many customers demand for a more detailed firewall option, which…

13 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Microsoft
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Enable configuration of password policy on minimum and maximum characters for the cloud user account's passwords

Azure AD has some password policies regarding restrictions and below are some of the defaults: reference https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/active-directory/authentication/concept-sspr-policy
    1. A minimum of 8 characters and a maximum of 16 characters.
    2. Strong passwords only: Requires three out of four of the following:
    a. Lowercase characters.
    b. Uppercase characters.
    c. Numbers (0-9).
    d. Symbols @ # $ % ^ & * - _ ! + = [ ] { } | \ : ‘ , . ? / ` ~ “ ( ) ;

We would like to have the item #1 to be configurable to the administrator's discretion on further strengthening…

13 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Application Gateway service tag for IPs used to obtain backend health probe status in the portal.

At this time in order for backend health probe status in the portal to work, we need to open port 65505-65034 on the app gw subnet to get a healthy status. Customers are not comfortable in opening these ports to the internet. We should create a Service Tag for source IPs in Azure that reaches out to the app gw to get this status. This would put the customer at ease and less reluctant on opening these ports.

13 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Make Disk Encryption Easy

In AWS, when I want to create a VM that is encrypted, I create a key store and then when I create the AMI I can create a copy of it and tick the encrypted option. It is very easy indeed and I can go from nothing to an encrypted machine in about 20 minutes.

In Azure, I have to create a vault, create a key encryption key, create an application, allow the application access to the key vault, make a note in excel of about 28736 parameters, try to create the VM, work out why it failed, try to…

13 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Create RBAC role to buy VSTS extensions

Create a restricted RBAC role in ARM so users with this role on an Azure resource group or on the subscription, can buy VSTS extensions without the current need to be Contributor on the subscription level.

12 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. disk resize

it will be good if we have feature to resize the disk. Currently when we any disk size, we can not increase it. VMware technology has this feature .

12 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Allow Sticky tab Switching in Microsoft Teams

When switching back and forth from the "Chat" tab to the "Teams" tab in Microsoft Teams, your place in the "Teams" tab is lost and you have to browser to whatever Wiki/file/etc. you were looking at before.

It would be nice if switching back-and-forth between Teams tabs picked up where you left off.

12 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. PIM - Show All Eligible Roles for Azure User Object

After getting Privileged Identity Management setup and starting to put the Admin Roles behind PIM - when looking at the user and their assigned roles we lose visibility and no longer see roles assigned to the Admin/User unless the rights are actively checked out at the time of viewing. I have an admin who we are working on pairing down and removing GA rights overall - It would be nice to view the admin and see that they are now in the Intune, User, Application, and Exchange Admin roles. As it is now when viewing I see they have no…

12 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Non-consumption marketplace services to show within the EA marketplace charges usage report

The request is for non-consumption marketplace services to show within marketplace charges usage report.

As some of the marketplace purchases are licensed based, there isn’t a sub ID that is shown anywhere on the EA portal as to which sub they are affiliated with.

Other consumption based marketplace charges can be seen with a sub ID if the customer goes to EA > Reports > Download Usage > Monthly Report Download > Marketplace Charges.

Please add license based marketplace services to the marketplace reports with the subscription IDs.

12 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Export functionality for Azure Policy report

I'd suggest to have a functionality of Excel exporting in Azure Policy so security administrator or system administrator can export and report to ISM/CISO level.

11 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. allow sorting on more fields

For example, I should be able to sort my virtual machines by IP address.

11 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Dynamic Distribution Group in Azure AD

AIP requires mail enabled groups, documentation states any type of mail enabled group even dynamic. However EOL Dynamic mail groups do not show in Azure AD.

11 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Enable encryption for Ubuntu 18.04 VM

Please implements Ubuntu 18.04 LTS disk encryption.

11 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Azure Sponsorship

Please add spending limit for Azure Sponsorship, as it is not fair to the owner who has his/her PERSONAL credit card attached for a subscription that belongs to a corporate.

Upon depletion of the credit, the subscription shall be disabled and the owner's credit card shall not be charged, until the spending limit explicitly removed by the owner. Otherwise, this is a BIG TRAP that will put the owner in huge credit card debt (if the resources deployed are expensive).

10 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Allow multiple subscription owners on an invoiced pay-as-you-go subscription

We are a relatively small company with business critical deployments on Azure. We have an invoiced pay-as-you-go subscription, and simply would like to have multiple people in our organization with ownership-level access to our Azure subscription, to provide business continuity / redundancy. We are not in a position to engage via Enterprise Agreement, and were told that all we can do is transfer the subscription. Further, since we are invoiced, to transfer ownership to another individual within our company, we would need to go through MS credit again, and re-submit all the info required to be invoiced. This is a…

10 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. ask.azure.com

pl create ask.azure.com
    where azure users can create stackoverflow like questions which can be answered by experts and other community members

10 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Open-source Azure Storage Explorer

Providing a github repo for Azure Storage Explorer would make it cheaper for Microsoft to develop this product, enhance it's quality and features, and let the community develop a browser-based version of the electron app.

10 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Create Service Principal from CreateUIDefinitions like the Microsoft AKS definition has

I am trying to create a one click setup of an application running on top of Microsoft AKS. I want to create my UIDefinitions.json file, and I want it to have the option that Microsoft AKS wizard has which allows creation of a new service principal, and store the ID and securestring in a variable I can pass to my ARM template. However, I cannot find anything in the documentation that allows me to achieve that in the documentation (https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/managed-applications/create-uidefinition-overview) or the quick start templates on github.

How does one actually go about achieving this?

10 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Add "Addtional Security Verification" page to Conditional Access

We need to add "Additonal Security Verification", which shows up for MFA enabled user to configure MFA setting, to the list of Cloud Apps in Conditional Access so that they can block access to the page for specific users or non admin users.

I have some customers whose admins configure MFA settings such as mobile phones and the method for their users manually, and do not want the users to change the settings, such as mobile phone number.

10 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Add support for X.509 authentication

Add support for X.509 authentication. Allow me to configure which CAs to honor (allow me to honor just my own CAs). Allow me to associate X.509 certificates to Azure user accounts. This would enable authentication improvements for at least 2 use cases:
    - Higher level of assurance (X.509 on smart cards) for authentication to Azure Portal (e.g., Global Administrator needs stronger authentication options than currently available).
    - Mobile user authentication - certificates on mobile devices would be able to be used for authentication.

10 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

(General Feedback)

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base