Update: Microsoft will be moving away from UserVoice sites on a product-by-product basis throughout the 2021 calendar year. We will leverage 1st party solutions for customer feedback. Learn more here.

(General Feedback)

Do you have an idea or suggestion based on your experience with Azure? We would love to hear it! Please take a few minutes to submit your idea in the one of the forums available on the right or vote up an idea submitted by another Azure customer. All of the feedback you share in these forums will be monitored and reviewed by the Microsoft engineering teams responsible for building Azure.

This forum (General Feedback) is used for any broad feedback related to Azure. If you have feedback on a specific service such as Azure Virtual Machines, Web Apps, or SQL Database, please submit your feedback in one of the forums available on the right.

Remember that this site is only for feature suggestions and ideas!

If you have technical questions or need help with Azure, reach out to us on Microsoft Q&A or try StackOverflow

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Popout PrimaryResult Page on Kusto.Explorer

Kusto.Explorer already has the ability to popout(float) certain windows, Query Summary, QueryStatus, etc... However, the PrimaryResult tab does not as they are grayed out. Adding this feature would mean you could have more screen space for writing queries and seeing the results.

25 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Get "notes" field from an Enterprise Application on AzureAD with Powershell

It would be nice to be able to export the contents of the notes field via script, so that you can make sense of it and use it more effectively

25 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Microsoft WAF badBot rule 100200 is not able to differentiate between real spoofed vs Microsoft component IP

Microsoft WAF badBot rule 100200 is not able to differentiate between real spoofed IP vs Microsoft system spoofed IPs. Since we are using CDN ahead of AFD(as it is not fully capable like Azure CDN now)There are genuine requests from Google Bot is getting blocked in Badbot rule as the requests are containing socket IP's as CDN PoP location lP's in the request along with client IP's. Hence Badbot rule detected it has spoofed requests. Since Azure CDN and AFD's are Microsoft supported products, either the rule should be able to differentiate the real spoofed IPs vs in their own…

24 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. enable Azure MFA server to accept RADIUS attribute 31 for trusted IP evaluation.

Currently the RADIUS client must send the authenticating user's IP address via attribute 66 for Azure MFA RADIUS server to correctly evaluate trusted IP addresses. It would be tremendously helpful if that was configurable so that an admin could select a different RADIUS attribute (such as 31) for trusted IP evaluation. We use a NetScaler gateway and it will currently only send RADIUS attribute 31 (Calling-Station-Id) to the RADIUs server. Quick fix I presume!

24 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    7 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Consumption of each Resource Group on the Sponsorship portal

We would like to see the consumption of each Resource Group on the Sponsorship portal

24 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    4 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Allow protect Cloud Shell storage with firewall

Allow protect Cloud Shell storage with Azure storage firewall. Is not supported now to limit access to Azure Storage account. I need protect storage to be accessible from azure backend only

24 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Add PowerShell commands to manage "Users flagged for risk" in Azure AD

I have quite a few users who have been tagged as "Users flagged for risk" in Azure AD. I'd like to be able to "Dismiss all events" for those users that were "Last updated" more than XX days ago. It seems I can only do this via the web GUI one user at a time. This stinks. This particular report had gone unwatched for a bit. PowerShell to the rescue please!

24 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Azure Data Factory - Decompress ZIP files with password

I have the need for decompression zip files which are protected by a password. ADF can decompres zip files, but currently no support for handling password protected files.

24 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Headers for Static Web Apps

I tried the new Azure Static Web Apps preview for a Gatsby project of mine. I was really amazed by the simplicity of the deployment process and the speed of the web site. There was a deal breaker, though.

What really kept us from switching from Netlify to Azure Static Web Apps was the lack of control over HTTP headers. I need to be able to for example set the cache-control header on a per-file as well as per-directory basis. The same thing goes for the link header, although that would not break the website. There also needs to be…

23 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Provide Option to Reserve Private IP address in Subnets

Many a times, we will need to reserve Private IP addresses for certain VMs/Services, so that we can raise Firewall Requests well in advance. If someone parallelly launches another VM or Service that uses the private IP from the same subnet, the IP address mapping is lost and causes inconveniences to adjust the firewall requests. By reserving the Private IP address in the portal using a 'tentative resource ID/Name/URI', we can ensure the address will not be hijacked intentionally or not.

23 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Expand the attributes that are synced with Azure ADDS

Azure ADDS offers only specific attributes over LDAP. Request you to expand the attributes that are synced with Azure ADDS and make then available via LDAPS. Including the ExtensionAttributes and the Custom attributes. It would aide to migrate many onprem applications to Cloud.
    https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/active-directory-domain-services/synchronization#attribute-mapping-for-user-accounts

22 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Please allow option of Group Foreign Principal Object of future Partner to not be lost when transferring between CSP Partners in Azure Plan

Posting on behalf of international customer.

When transferring subscriptions between partners in Azure Plan, the Group Foreign Principal Object of the future partner is Lost. We must run a Powershell command there after to recover this.

In Legacy CSP, it was the other way around.
    Would it please be possible to at least allow the option in Azure Plan to choose, so that this does not happen?

Thank you

22 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Generally improve error handling in ARM deployments

I've just experienced an issue where my deployment got stuck at the "Accepted" state for 45 minutes before I decided to cancel it. The actual cause of the hang remains a mystery, but I can make an educated guess. The resource that caused the hang (I know this because it was a linked deployment deploying only an sql server with a database) was deleted along with the resource group before I tried recreating it. Deleting this resoure probably takes more time than the Azure Portal gives the impression of (as it is with several resource types in Azure). So when…

22 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. LUIS containers should automatically download & upgrade models from the Authoring Portal

LUIS containers should automatically download & upgrade models from the LUIS Authoring Portal following the published slot for that specific app.

To ensure a single place to manage the published versions of LUIS Apps, either the cloud API or the container API. It should be possible that the deploy also changes the App model inside the running LUIS containers locally.

Right now in our organization we implemented a container side-car that do this in polling fashion to check if the LUIS Authoring changed the published image of the App, but it would be great if this behavior/feature was possible to…

22 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. licensing

We use Azure AD Group Based licensing and we would prefer not to have new service plans automatically enabled under the O365 E3 license. We have a "base license group" that has 2 service plans enabled (i.e. exchange and sharepoint) and we would prefer that when a new service is enabled it doesn't automatically get enabled for all our O365 E3 licensing groups as it defeats the purpose of having groups for specific service plans and licenses.

21 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Additional options for downloading Universal Packages from Azure Artifacts

Universal Packages are great for storing binaries and other files needed during deployments or other custom solutions.

What's not good is that we're limited to the Azure CLI for both publishing and downloading these files. There is no other option or integration present.

The only option for automatic downloads on a new environment is to
    - Download and Install/Update the Azure CLI
    - Install/Update the azure-devops Azure CLI plugin
    - wrap the "az artifacts universal download" command in a Powershell Script

Not only does this take forever, but it spawn many processes, downloads dynamic "package downloader" tools, write to STDOUT…

21 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Microsoft Information Protection - MS Project and Visio - Sensitivity Labelling button?

Are there any plans to introduce a Sensitivity Label button for both Microsoft Project and Visio apps? Currently, we classify these document file types via AIP right click (on the files themselves). It would be nice to have it within the toolbar with parity against the other M365 apps.

Thanks

21 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. please don't send me email about "Azure product announcements and updates"

AzureTeam@e-mail.microsoft.com

Azure product announcements and updates

How can you unsubscribe from the Windows Azure Team emails? They don't have an unsubscribe link. Are they doing such a bad job that they don't want people to stop receiving their updates? It's 2017, how come you can't EASILY unsubscribe from a mailing list from this service?
    Has anyone figure it out?

21 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Hi, hello, why can't I find Windows 8.1 Professional Edition and Windows 10, version 1809 in my azure student rights? I need these two softw

Hi, hello, why can't I find Windows 8.1 Professional Edition and Windows 10, version 1809 in my azure student rights? I need these two softwares.

21 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Azure Data Studio - Default AAD Tenant

Azure Data Studio connection details should allow a default “Azure AD Tenant”. Saved configurations do not retain the selected tenant.

When you have more than one tenant and need to switch VPNs regularly renewing the connection to your DB always takes more clicks than expected. The tenant is frequently forgotten so the first attempt fails.

21 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

(General Feedback)

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base