(General Feedback)

Do you have an idea or suggestion based on your experience with Azure? We would love to hear it! Please take a few minutes to submit your idea in the one of the forums available on the right or vote up an idea submitted by another Azure customer. All of the feedback you share in these forums will be monitored and reviewed by the Microsoft engineering teams responsible for building Azure.

This forum (General Feedback) is used for any broad feedback related to Azure. If you have feedback on a specific service such as Azure Virtual Machines, Web Apps, or SQL Database, please submit your feedback in one of the forums available on the right.

Remember that this site is only for feature suggestions and ideas!

If you have technical questions or need help with Azure, please try StackOverflow or visit our MSDN forums

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. 23 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Microsoft
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Create a Windows Key Storage Provider (KSP) that effectively allows usage of Azure Key Vault as a virtual hardware security module (HSM)

If windows could use Azure Key Vault as a KSP, it would better secure the private keys of any certificates in Windows - effectively acting as a virtual hardware security module (HSM). I believe this would enable migration of workloads that require a HSM to Azure, and reduce cost for on-prem workloads that might otherwise require a HSM. It would also make it easier / more secure to setup a public key infrastructure (PKI) / certificate authority (CA) in Azure -- or even on-premises for that matter.

23 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Azure Portal: Save or remember my sorting and/or grouping setting

Working with the Azure Portal, my personal workflow is:
    1. Enter URL in browser: https://portal.azure.com/
    2. In my favorites on the left site I click on resource groups
    3. I choose one of my resource groups
    4. Inside the resource group grid view I click on type to sort my resources by type

It would help me a lot and save plenty of time if I could save my sort option as standard view, so every time no matter from what browser or computer I open the resource group, my personal sort and/or grouping option is displayed. Thanks!

23 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Allow customization for SSPR Pages

Allow for organizations to customize the SSPR pages...particularly verification page and the page where users actually reset their passwords (both for sync'd and cloud only accounts)...for example, being able to post more details on the Get Back Into Account Page...or, providing users with the company password policy, so they do not run the risk of not making it long or complex enough multiple times and getting locked out

22 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Add MFA status to user entity info returned by graph API

We need to be able to query the MFA status of users via the graph API. This property is not currently populated on the user entity: https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/azure/ad/graph/api/entity-and-complex-type-reference#user-entity

Please could this property be added.

22 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Allow tenant admins to manage Enterprise State Roaming data

Allow tenant admins to manage/delete/clear Enterprise State Roaming data. Furthermore allow users to manage their own data, e.g. managing Wi-Fi profiles/networks etc.

22 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Azure AD - SaaS - SCIM provisioning of AD attribute thumbnailPhoto

Azure AD SCIM Provisioning should allow for the provisioning/mapping of the AD attribute thumbnailPhoto to SaaS applications. This value is already present within Azure.

21 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. api management - import OpenApi from internal URL

It would be interesting to allow import an openapi definition from an internal URL (through VNET integration). The request should resolve with custom dns and go through VPN or Express Route.
    Now, you get errors that the URL is not publicly available.

So, the target would be to load openapi specifications from onpremise through VNET and VPN

Regards,

21 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Allow horizontal scrolling on a pageable grid

The way that Scrolling is currently implemented, it forces both a vertical and horizontal scrolling.
    We would like to use paging for getting more rows, and horizontal scrolling to enable the user to add many columns, and still see them clearly.

21 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. vmss

When adding a Inbound NAT Rule to a load balancer, I get the following error: "Full virtual machine scale set support for the portal is coming soon. Adding or editing references between load balancers and scale set virtual machines is currently disabled for load balancers that contain an existing association with a scale set."

How soon is "coming soon"? I've seen this error for about 6 months now.

21 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. please don't send me email about "Azure product announcements and updates"

AzureTeam@e-mail.microsoft.com

Azure product announcements and updates

How can you unsubscribe from the Windows Azure Team emails? They don't have an unsubscribe link. Are they doing such a bad job that they don't want people to stop receiving their updates? It's 2017, how come you can't EASILY unsubscribe from a mailing list from this service?
    Has anyone figure it out?

21 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Allow tagging of "hidden" resources

Currently, you can tag most types of resources using portal.azure.com, Powershell or any other tool for that matter. Tagging "hidden" type of resources (for example Microsoft.Network/networkWatchers) is hidden on the portal, but they can be tagged by using a Powershell script which for example tags every resource inside a resource group.

This behaviour is inconsistent, because after this, listing tags on the portal show that the specific tag key:value pair is in use, but you won't see which resources use it. You need to rely on Get-AzureRmTag or other means to actually reveal which resources are tagged.

As of currently,…

20 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Add PowerShell commands to manage "Users flagged for risk" in Azure AD

I have quite a few users who have been tagged as "Users flagged for risk" in Azure AD. I'd like to be able to "Dismiss all events" for those users that were "Last updated" more than XX days ago. It seems I can only do this via the web GUI one user at a time. This stinks. This particular report had gone unwatched for a bit. PowerShell to the rescue please!

20 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Add manual and auto shutdown to Azure Container Service

Would be great to be able to shutdown all compute within an ACS cluster, both manually in the portal, and via an auto shutdown schedule. As it is currently you have to manually shut down the master VM and the VM Scale Sets.

20 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. EA: Managing subscriptions operations by multiple users, not by single account owner

This is regarding Azure account & subscription management in Enterprise Agreement
    There is a scenario where the account owner is not available for considerable long time due to his/her sick/vacation leave or long biz trip for example, which cause subscriptions operations downtime.
    To avoid that, we should be able to have multiple users for such subscriptions operations.

20 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Please add billing alerts for Sponsorship subscriptions.

Please add billing alerts for Sponsorship subscriptions.

19 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Need for RBAC permission specialized for "Local Network Gateway".

At the moment, we do not have a permission specialized for RBAC.

As its background, we want to limit the amount of the permission which we assign to our user.
    Since there are too many permissions when we add "Microsoft.Network/*", our user needs a permission specialized for Local Network Gateway.

We can set following permissions (Actions and NotActions) by setting up the NotActions listed below.
    However, in order to avoid unexpected permissions when a new feature is released, could you kindly add specialized Local Network Gateway permission?

[Japanese]
    RBAC の権限として、ローカル ネットワーク ゲートウェイに特化したものがありません。

各ユーザーに対して、必要最小限の権限のみを与えたいと考えていますが、
    "Microsoft.Network/*" を付与する方法では付与される権限が多すぎるため
    ローカル ネットワーク ゲートウェイに特化した権限を必要としています。

以下のように NotActions…

19 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Add HA feature to Public IP Standard LB

Azure Standard LoadBalancers with Public IP in front can't have backend pools with HA loadbalancing rule configured !!
    We deployed NVA firewalls in the backend of Public IP ALB and everytime for inbound connection we have to change the config of ALB for adding new Port !!!

HA should be an option there to send all Ports to backend so backend can take care of filtering in our model firewalls

Thanks

19 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. API or button to export all Azure AD settings

For documentation purposes, change management reviews and security audits, it would be highly beneficial that Azure AD could provide a way (either through a button or preferably through Powershell/Graph API) to export all settings from Azure AD. Examples of settings that would be relevant are (but not limited to):

User settings > “Users can register applications”
    User settings > “Restrict access to Azure AD administration portal”
    User settings > “Allow users to connect work or school account with LinkedIn”
    Enterprise applications – User settings > “Users can consent to apps accessing company data on their behalf”
    Enterprise applications – User…

19 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Automatic Visio Diagrams

The ability to automatically generate basic Visio Diagrams based on the resources deployed within a Resource Group.

Maybe some options to have server diagrams, network diagrams, storage diagrams, etc.

18 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

(General Feedback)

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base