(General Feedback)

Do you have an idea or suggestion based on your experience with Azure? We would love to hear it! Please take a few minutes to submit your idea in the one of the forums available on the right or vote up an idea submitted by another Azure customer. All of the feedback you share in these forums will be monitored and reviewed by the Microsoft engineering teams responsible for building Azure.

This forum (General Feedback) is used for any broad feedback related to Azure. If you have feedback on a specific service such as Azure Virtual Machines, Web Apps, or SQL Database, please submit your feedback in one of the forums available on the right.

Remember that this site is only for feature suggestions and ideas!

If you have technical questions or need help with Azure, please try StackOverflow or visit our MSDN forums

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Kusto editor Vim mode

Suggest support Vim mode in kusto editor.

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Microsoft
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. How can the users recover the Google Account without using the recovery email

First of all the user needs to sign in to the Google account.

Then the users need to enter the username and the password for signing in to the email account.

Then the users may enter the email address and the corresponding password for signing in to the Google account.

In case the user does not remember the password, then the user needs to answer some security questions. After answering these questions, the users will be able to recover the password of their Google account in an easy and fast manner.

If the user forgets the answers to the questions,…

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Azure Policy - Compliance Dashboard should allow you to view all scopes

Right now, the compliance dashboard and the assignments blade require you to pick a scope. This should allow you view all scopes. For example, if I pick my root management group, there should be an option to see all policies / compliance for everything below that. Having to click through the entire structure does not work. Current multi-select only allows you to pick from peer node, not parent/child.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. please provide GPU information through API for each vmsize

Currently Get-AzureRmVmSize has information on number of cores etc. It can also include GPU details, like Standard_NC6 has 1 (K80) GPU, as indicated in https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/virtual-machines/windows/sizes-gpu .

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Sort your refund process out

We spoke to your support team about purchasing server usage upfront for 3-years. They advised us that we could and that it would work for us. When we did, it didn't work for us (your support team gave us bad advice) so we asked for a refund. Your support team in India are close to useless. This has taken 3 weeks already and we are no closer to a solution. Obviously, this is a LARGE amount of money. Please have a better process for refunding. And get a better support team who actually know what they're doing. We are really…

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Rather than terminating an account violating the terms of service with no notice, give customer 24 hours to fix it.

Rather than terminating an account (paid account, killing off a free account with no notice is fine) violating the terms of service with no notice, give customer 24 hours to fix it. Customer received no notice and a $5k account was disabled in the middle of the night. No warning was provided and support claimed they could detail the reason for this interruption.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. increase Azure Backup limit from three times per day to twelve times a day.

I backup every hour during open hours. My SLA prevents from using Azure backup.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Create an AzureRM command to set a default subscription

I manage several Azure RM subscriptions. I almost never use the "default" subscription.
    I'd like a command that I can set a preferred subscription that sticks until I decide to change it.
    I know I can change the subscription when I logon. I don't want to have to do that every time.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. enable a storage vault for on prem servers to enable quicker recovery

It would be useful if on prem servers had the ability to recover files from an on prem backup disk. This disk would need to managed by the Azure backup and kept in sync with the backup in the MS datacenters. At recovery time, the file(s) would be restored from the on site disk, reducing recovery time.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. 3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Auto swap for App Service (Linux)

Hello,

Can you add Auto swap feature for App Service (Linux)?
    With same functionality like App Service (Windows)

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Make it easy to create webhook for Facebook Messanger, Amazon Alexa and Google Assistant chat bots

All leading chat bot platforms require webhooks for anything but the most basic interactions. I tried to create one on Azure using Azure function with webhook, but could not get it to work with Google. Ended up using Google's firebase instead.

Make it easy for developers to integrate Azure webhook with fb, alexa and google dialogflow

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. 7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. AAD B2C: Add support complex jwks senarios

Please allow a method of either disabling the validation of the optional parameter x5t (https://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc7517#section-4.8) or support the validation of more complex methods as defined (https://auth0.com/docs/jwks).

Our company is currently attempting to interface a client's Auth0 application as an idp with our B2C directory (via OpenID) using a custom policy. The jwks signature that is defined is producing the following error:

The jwk key can't be deserialized. Reason: 'The thumbprint in the keycontainer ‘NjVBRjY5MDlCMUIwNzU4RTA2QzZFMDQ4QzQ2MDAyQjVDNjk1RTM2Qg’ does not match the certificate thumbprint ‘65AF6909B1B0758E06C6E048C46002B5C695E36B’

The solution that we have found was to short circuit the process and provide our…

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Roadmap to integrate Azure Policy with VSTS

What is the roadmap of Azure Policy integration with VSTS. Enterprise implementing DevSecOps on Azure Cloud deployment do need such an integration. It'd be good to have dedicated task.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Schedule assignment in Azure Policy

Currently Azure policy definition is scanned immediately after an assignment is configured. This would make an unmanaged control for a large deployment of policy in enterprise. It'd be good to have the ability to schedule assignment. Saying I have an assignment but I really want to run it at every single midnight rather than immediate trigger.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Give warnings for using plain-text passwords in JSON templates

It is possible to add a plain-text password either in an ARM template or an associated parameters file. However, this likely does not follow security best practices, and should be avoided. Thus, if it were possible to warn users that a plain-text password is pasted into a JSON template or parameters file, it would help draw awareness to using recommended practices more often.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Notify of new API Versions

If there is a way to notify users of new API versions, that would be swell. During deployments, this notification system could give warnings to use new API versions or give warnings when current schema is not going to work

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Automation Script - Have switches to enable or remove things like comments, etc.

The current Automation Script has things that are often unneeded or undesired when attempting to create deployments for new resource groups. It would be great if there was a selection box to show or hide these elements. Comments would be one suggestion, but there may be many others. This will help increase automation by not having to manually remove these elements at a later time.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Automation Script - Show or Hide Microsoft added vs. User Added

In the Automation Script, it would be great if there was a selection box whereby user added content to the JSON file can be show with or without Microsoft added content.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

(General Feedback)

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base