(General Feedback)

Do you have an idea or suggestion based on your experience with Azure? We would love to hear it! Please take a few minutes to submit your idea in the one of the forums available on the right or vote up an idea submitted by another Azure customer. All of the feedback you share in these forums will be monitored and reviewed by the Microsoft engineering teams responsible for building Azure.

This forum (General Feedback) is used for any broad feedback related to Azure. If you have feedback on a specific service such as Azure Virtual Machines, Web Apps, or SQL Database, please submit your feedback in one of the forums available on the right.

Remember that this site is only for feature suggestions and ideas!

If you have technical questions or need help with Azure, please try StackOverflow or visit our MSDN forums

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Create Service Principal from CreateUIDefinitions like the Microsoft AKS definition has

I am trying to create a one click setup of an application running on top of Microsoft AKS. I want to create my UIDefinitions.json file, and I want it to have the option that Microsoft AKS wizard has which allows creation of a new service principal, and store the ID and securestring in a variable I can pass to my ARM template. However, I cannot find anything in the documentation that allows me to achieve that in the documentation (https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/managed-applications/create-uidefinition-overview) or the quick start templates on github.

How does one actually go about achieving this?

10 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Microsoft
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Automatically split invoices over 10k in others less than 10k to avoid credit card payment issues

My credit card/bank has no issues processing amounts greater than 10k, but Azure cannot process those payments. Each month, I have to create a new support ticket with Azure and ask for splitting the invoice and Azure re-process the payment successfully. Solution will be to increase that 10k limit. But if that is not possible, generate more than one invoice less than 10k.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. AzureAD must log events from empty User Agent strings

It seems that AzureAD does not log any login attempts or successful log in from applications presenting a null or empty UserAgent string. This effectively hides the logins from AzureAD logs and from Cloud App Security. This is critical security flaw which allows rogue applications to authenticate without any logging and invisible to various reports and tools. According to support ticket we have opened this seems to be intentional which to our mind is completely nonsense and beyond any logic.

Any login attempt, successful or otherwise should be logged, regardless of user agent string. Either log it or block the…

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Add permanent color-coding / skinning of different ADs and/or subscriptions in Azure Portal

This would be of great help to visually distinguish e.g. prod vs non-prod environments. Current AD-based color coding is not permanent (clicking on background changes its color) and color choices are very limited

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Pin filtered resources to Azure Dashboard

In Azure you can filter your resources, e.g. resource groups, by certain filters like specific tags. It would be nice to pin that filtered list to your dashboard.
    Currently, it you filter a list in Azure and then pin it to the dashboard, it is pinned without the filters applied. This way you could pin dynamic lists, e.g. all resources tagged with your department tag.

31 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. make the Azure site-to-site VPN gateway support fixed public IP address

We are working with a cloud service provider that supports VPN connections but they want an IP address for out end point. We don't want to use a dynamic IP address and that is the only option available on Azure at the moment.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Cosmos DB - auto alert when patch is applied

Can you please look at providing alerting rules for when a when a patch is applied to VMs & Cosmos DB regions. This alert would notify us there has been a change and allow us to schedule testing to ensure continued functionality of service. August '18 patch broke some of our functionality and it took a weeks investigation to identify it was to do with an Azure patch.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Azure Virtual WAN Coexistence with ExpressRoute

Looking to have the ability to deploy Virtual WAN hub peered with VNets which also have deployed an ExpressRoute gateway.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Enable Hardware Backed MFA

It would be very nice if the Azure platform allowed for use of Hardware Backed MFA devices such as a Yubikey. It would make life much easier for those of us who manage azure accounts for our clients.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Allow for customization of AAD Sync Errors Notifications

Right now there is only an off and of switch for Sync Error Notifications. There is no way to customize when we receive these alerts. I am only receiving them on Mondays around 5am.

Microsoft should allow the customization of these notifications as our company needs to be notified in a more timely maner if there was an issue syncing a user.

Most of the other alerts for AD Sync send a notification almost immediately when there is an issue. Waiting for 1-6 days to receive a notification will not work for my company.

Hopefully this is something that will…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Check Pause/Resume status of DataWarehouse using T-SQL

It is great that I can check the scaled performance level of my data warehouses using a T-SQL query from the Microsoft SQL Azure master datebase:

SELECT db.name, ds.edition, ds.service_objective, db.state_desc
    FROM sys.database_service_objectives ds
    JOIN sys.databases db ON ds.database_id = db.database_id
    WHERE ds.edition = 'DataWarehouse'

Please make it possible to check the true state of the data warehouse as well. This query always reports the data warehouse to be 'Online' even when it is really in a 'Paused' state.

P.S. For the life of me, I can't understand why this functionality isn't already built in? Why force a user to…

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. For each resource creation save the date and the user

Usually when you create a resource you do not know when was created and by whom, the information in logs is available only for a determined period of time and then lost, that is something that will be very helpful to include in the Overview section.

37 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Interface Wireless Current Sensor with Azure Database

I am working as maintenance engineer and I want to analyze the AC networks of Industrial grids through wireless current sensors https://store.ncd.io/product/wireless-ac-current-monitor/ which are already been using with PC but I need to make the current network system internet friendly for which I am thinking to interface these sensors with raspberry pi and send the sensor data to firebase database, As of new to the of using IOT tools to communicate through Azure database, I really need to know some best suggestions which will be very helpful.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Expose v1 or v2 type of storage in Azure CLI/Powershell

I want a way to query if a storage account is v1 or v2. In the portal its listed as storage kind however that value in poweshell only provides 'storage and doesn't differentiate between v1 or v2.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Payment by credit card // Two different entities for payment

In Portugal we have a system called MBNet that enables a bank client to create virtual visa cards, that can be used for a single transaction or multiple.

We've created a new card valid for 12 months and added to the account.

When the purchase is processed, Microsoft is performing a first try in the amount of 1 € and if this is successful, a new transaction is being performed in the amount of the invoice.

The issue is that these two payments are performed from different entities and these virtual cards are binded to a single payment entity.

This…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. capability to change background color

Currently, kusto explorer only renders on a white background. Allow users capability to choose the color scheme or atleast have a dark theme available.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Fix Sign-up Form

Fix the ZIP CODE entry on your sign-up form. It will not let me enter my zip code. After entering Five Zip Code Numbers, then clicking on the Enter button, I get an error message stating that the Zip Code Is Too Short. It will not let me get past that point in my application, subsequently, I can not sign up. Thank you and have a good day.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Allow customization for SSPR Pages

Allow for organizations to customize the SSPR pages...particularly verification page and the page where users actually reset their passwords (both for sync'd and cloud only accounts)...for example, being able to post more details on the Get Back Into Account Page...or, providing users with the company password policy, so they do not run the risk of not making it long or complex enough multiple times and getting locked out

22 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Improve processing of face profiles

Face Api does not appear to be particularly great at finding faces when the person is shown in profile, rather than a face-on image.

Improve detecting to identify faces in profile.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
1 2 5 7 9 41 42
  • Don't see your idea?

(General Feedback)

Feedback and Knowledge Base