(General Feedback)

Do you have an idea or suggestion based on your experience with Azure? We would love to hear it! Please take a few minutes to submit your idea in the one of the forums available on the right or vote up an idea submitted by another Azure customer. All of the feedback you share in these forums will be monitored and reviewed by the Microsoft engineering teams responsible for building Azure.

This forum (General Feedback) is used for any broad feedback related to Azure. If you have feedback on a specific service such as Azure Virtual Machines, Web Apps, or SQL Database, please submit your feedback in one of the forums available on the right.

Remember that this site is only for feature suggestions and ideas!

If you have technical questions or need help with Azure, please try StackOverflow or visit our MSDN forums

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Azure EA usage data reports takes 3-5 days after the month closes to conclude

Could you please add this information to the report download page so that customers are aware or please provide more up to date reporting.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Microsoft
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. create easy quick preconfigured environments for labs.

I was looking for just 2 Windows 2016 servers and 3 win10 clients for a quick lab, it would be great to have preconfigured labs for this. Choose how many servers, how many clients and just spin up basic vanilla machines quickly

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Provide more user attributes in Azure Active Directory by default

The user attributes that are provided by Azure Active Directory by default are inadequate. Please also include the following attributes:
    company
    employeeID
    mail
    extensionAttribute1
    extensionAttribute2
    extensionAttribute3
    extensionAttribute4
    extensionAttribute5
    extensionAttribute6
    extensionAttribute7
    extensionAttribute8
    extensionAttribute9
    extensionAttribute10
    extensionAttribute11
    extensionAttribute12
    extensionAttribute13
    extensionAttribute14
    extensionAttribute15

19 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. rewrite the Azure CLI in Golang.

I tweeted about this somewhat jokingly and @AzureSupport directed me here. I imagine you plan on supporting and maintaining the Azure CLI for at least the next decade, and I can virtually guarantee that the total cost of doing so will be less if you rewrite in Go now. It will also be faster, easier to install, and generally provide a better experience for your users and developers. You've got some avid gophers at MSFT like Brian Ketelsen, Ashley McNamara, Jess Frazelle, etc. Ask them what they think!

29 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    5 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. provide item dimensions in image in (inches, cm, meters or feet)

It would be amazing if I can have the Vision API give the actual dimensions of an object (like a bulb, doorway or plate). This can save me a ton of time by not having to grab the measuring tape. Or imagine i can tell the distance between two parked cars. The applications are numerous in my mind. Imagine in a factory line!

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. AD Connect build 654/sip ProxyAddresses bug?

Customer is running Exchange Hybrid, and doesn't have SfB on-prem. At some point, AD Connect reported issues with the following two objects in Azure AD (check their faulty SIP proxy):
    User: Test1
    ProxyAddresses: SMTP:test1@contoso.com;SIP:@contoso.com
    User: Test2
    ProxyAddresses: SMTP:test2@contoso.com;SIP:@contoso.com

Report:
    Tracking Id: 81deaa98-f9d3-4ee5-9f5b-4c5417e9e34a
    ExtraErrorDetails:
    [{"Key":"ObjectId",
    "Value":["f3cc3d03-f452-4410-854f-1b09e5acec09"]},
    {"Key":"ObjectIdInConflict",
    "Value":["362aac7a-c088-4f68-805e-3c95bede11a0"]},
    {"Key":"AttributeConflictName",
    "Value":["SipProxyAddress"]},
    {"Key":"AttributeConflictValues",
    "Value":["@contoso.com"]}]”

Conflict is because both entries have the same 'faulty' SIP entry as proxy address. However, can not fix the issue by removing both. Solved by creating a temporary fake sipProxyAddress on both (sip:temp1@contoso.com and sip:temp2@contoso.com), kicking off AD Connect, remove the entry…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Standard Managed Disk Type for 256 GB

Please provide a Standard Managed Disk Type (Billing) for 256 GB, which is currently not available as per https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/virtual-machines/windows/managed-disks-overview.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Open Financial Market Data Service

I've been trying to scrape data from websites to get investment information the market to make a few extra bucks. But I realized that the main issue I had was the quality and variety of the data on various websites. This sounds like huge but relatively low hanging fruit area that Azure could tackle. It would be good to be able to get data from multiple sources because I wanted combine and parse certain fields that may not be available for all services, such as equity option price chains, Greeks, ex-dividend dates, years of historical data, Income Statements, Balance Sheet,…

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Increase speed to load data in new Metrics Interface

New metrics interface looks much better than old one including new functions. But it take very long to load the data. Please work on increase speed to load metrics data

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. azure vault textarea for secrets from web portal

I was trying an option in azure webportal to upload a file or enter multi-line value as secret, which was possible using azure cli. Is there a plan of changing the input field to text area or even support the functionality similar to what i try from azure cli using this command

az keyvault secret set --vault-name vaultname--name secretname --file C:\Users\vaultuse\file.pem

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. AAD Connect - the default setting of autoupgrade function

We proveide the infra of cloud identity for many cusutomers.
    Some cusutomers asked us about the behavior of "AADC autoupgrade".
    We felt that this function was very useful for a customer, but some customers were concerned because they could not notice about doing upgrade.

So we think it's more better that the function's default setting will be able to choice enable or disable in configuration wizard.

Thanks

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. AAD/VB2C Unable to read or write Custom Attributes on User from GUI

There are two major issues:

1) AAD/VB2C Unable to read or write Custom Attributes on User from GUI in B2C.

2) There are lots of default User attributes available as part of the default Graph API schema which are not visible on Attributes sections and cannot be used in the policies or in B2C

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Description of Security Group not Synchronized

When I create a security group in the Azure portal, the synchronization will be synchronized to my Azure Dominservice AD. The description is not synchronized.
    If I use one of the groups on a VM to assign permissions, I can't see the description. That makes it harder to find the right group. Especially if the person who created the group is not the same as the person who grants the permissions.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Templates Preview Editor -> align with deployment editor

When you go to the templates preview and go to add or edit a template you get just the pure text box. However if you edit a template during a deployment view, you are treated with a text box plus the supporting side panel that breaks your template out into parameters, resources, etc.

It would be nice to have that in the pure templates preview as it would probably drive my editing there better instead of in VS like i'm currently doing (keeping me in the portal even more as cloudshell did for me!)

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. "Your credit card has expired" email should name the Azure account affected

I received an email with the title "Your credit card has expired".
    I have multiple Azure accounts & the email did not give the name of the account. It did give the subscription Id, but that's not very helpful if I don't know which account it lives in.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Set up a server for western Canada

So who would i talk to about getting-setting up a closer server? Would it be your sales team? Not sure how to go about this but i do not understand why there is no server for all of western canada yet you guys have plans to set up two servers in south africa, and two more in europe which already has 6? In an area as small as europe do you really think they need 8 servers? In comparison to Canada, the second largest country in the world which has only two, that couldnt be much closer together mind you,…

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Set up a server for western Canada

SET UP A SERVER FOR WESTERN CANADA!

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Set up a server for western Canada

As stated in the title, set up a server for western Canada.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. faster attach to process

It should be possible to attach to a process in a fater way. It's an opration made hundread of times a day, and istead of
    ctrl+alt+p (two hand needed)
    press w
    click w3wp right process
    click ok in confirmation box
    I don't know how, a suggestion may be a dropdown menù that can be configurable with proper filter to process list (don't forget to add apppoolname for iis process description), but i'm sure you'll find better way
    please let at least the confirmation box be option somehow

0 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Remove hard-coded resource group names in downloadable template.json

Currently, if you go through the steps of deploying a VM, then select the 'Download template and parameters' option prior to deployment, the generated template.json has the resource group you specified hard coded into the id properties of the ip and nsg configurations, as well as the vnetid.

This becomes a problem as the Deploy.ps1 file allows you to set a different name for the resource group. If you do this the deployment fails creating the network interface.

This can be fixed by changing the hard-coded resource group name to resourceGroup().name in the template.json, but I believe this should be…

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

(General Feedback)

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base