(General Feedback)

Do you have an idea or suggestion based on your experience with Azure? We would love to hear it! Please take a few minutes to submit your idea in the one of the forums available on the right or vote up an idea submitted by another Azure customer. All of the feedback you share in these forums will be monitored and reviewed by the Microsoft engineering teams responsible for building Azure.

This forum (General Feedback) is used for any broad feedback related to Azure. If you have feedback on a specific service such as Azure Virtual Machines, Web Apps, or SQL Database, please submit your feedback in one of the forums available on the right.

Remember that this site is only for feature suggestions and ideas!

If you have technical questions or need help with Azure, please try StackOverflow or visit our MSDN forums

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. List the need of extra cores (Underlying vCPU) on Portal when resizing

When upgrading to a constraint size VM, Portal only shows the amount of cores that is used/active. Would like to see the Portal also listing the amount of cores that it requires to have to upgrade instead of having to look up the information separately.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Microsoft
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Prevent Creation of Classic Machine Learning Web Services so Tags can be Enforced

Prevent Creation of Legacy Machine Learning Workspace Commitment Plans and classic web services so Tags can be Enforced.

Our organization sets a Tag policy on resource groups so that newly created resources within that resource group will inherit tags. The main tag is 'Department Code', and is used for Chargeback for resource usage. Any Machine Learning 'classic' web services, that were created using the Machine Learning Studio portal will be created outside of the standard tagged resource group and thus, will not inherit standard tags used for Chargeback.

We also need a migration method for existing classic web services to…

37 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Mobile Virtual Space

These days - we all have tons of apps installed on our mobile and getting lot more apps has always been a dream to many of us. But what is really stopping to keep adding apps is the memory, space , performance constraint on our mobiles. Relating this to our cloud era- when our on-premise data centers had challenges in scaling up ; we heard that cloud is the solution - so that it allows us to scale up , pause , save money as needed; why cant we have similar concept for mobile apps to ? Why cant Microsoft…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Support Terraform as first class citizen for Azure automation

Directly handle development and support of the Terraform Azure provider, ensuring all resources at Azure have corresponding resource in Terraform. Handle Terraform as a first-class citizen in the Azure ecosystem, as it is preferred over the Azure CLI or ARM templates for managing even small cloud deployments. Currently Terraform support for Azure resources lags behind ARM or CLI support. For example, it is currently not possible to provision an HDInsight cluster in Terraform without the painful use of ARM templates. Microsoft should release Terraform support concurrently with new resource type availability.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Better curate User Voice forums.

Finding existing issues in the SQL Server User Voice Forum is very difficult. Clearly some of the items should be retired. (Eg SQL 2005 issues) The basic search does not work very well.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Either we should have provision to add or rename field during contact entry in outlook or add 1 more default field as Contact with Whatsapp

Either we should have provision to add or rename field during contact entry in outlook or add 1 more default field as Contact with Whatsapp.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Create PowerShell cmdlets to manage Hybrid worker group settings

Please, provide PowerShell cmdlets to manage Hybrid worker group settings like "Run As credential".

Currently, I have to use the Azure Rest API in order to change the RunAs Credential used by the Hybrid Worker Group.

It would be nice to be able to do it using AzureRm cmdlets that I can run in the same Azure Context as all other AzureRm cmdlets.

17 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Add "Least Connection" style algorithm to Azure Load Balancers

Other manufacturers of LoadBalancer technology allow many different options for load balancing method.
    One of the most useful is "Least Connection" where new incoming sessions are routed to the server with the least number of client connections already.
    This makes for a very even and efficient distribution of traffic.
    The current sourceIP+protocol distribution is very uneven and puts more load on a single webserver.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Rouge Admin Protection

I would like to see some functionality that mitigates the risk of Rouge Administrator accounts. If an employee who is an Azure administrator goes crazy or their Azure account gets hacked then they could deliberately delete the whole Azure tenancy in a very short amount of time. This includes Azure backups.

I would like to see some functionality that could resurrect the Azure environment if that occurred.

You can take many precautions to protect Azure admin accounts but system administrators can become disgruntled employees just like any other employee. At the moment I don't believe Azure offers any protection from…

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Azure VM's public IP traceable to organisation's domain

There should be an option to make Azure VM's public IP traceable to organisation's domain not Microsoft Corporation.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. add a resource for individual developers

I don't think you need new features for individual developers, but it would be nice to just have a basic guide that highlights some appropriate resource configurations for individual/hobbyist developers. The problem is less that Azure isn't appropriate, and more that it's incredibly overwhelming.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Create Service Principal from CreateUIDefinitions like the Microsoft AKS definition has

I am trying to create a one click setup of an application running on top of Microsoft AKS. I want to create my UIDefinitions.json file, and I want it to have the option that Microsoft AKS wizard has which allows creation of a new service principal, and store the ID and securestring in a variable I can pass to my ARM template. However, I cannot find anything in the documentation that allows me to achieve that in the documentation (https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/managed-applications/create-uidefinition-overview) or the quick start templates on github.

How does one actually go about achieving this?

10 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Automatically split invoices over 10k in others less than 10k to avoid credit card payment issues

My credit card/bank has no issues processing amounts greater than 10k, but Azure cannot process those payments. Each month, I have to create a new support ticket with Azure and ask for splitting the invoice and Azure re-process the payment successfully. Solution will be to increase that 10k limit. But if that is not possible, generate more than one invoice less than 10k.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. AzureAD must log events from empty User Agent strings

It seems that AzureAD does not log any login attempts or successful log in from applications presenting a null or empty UserAgent string. This effectively hides the logins from AzureAD logs and from Cloud App Security. This is critical security flaw which allows rogue applications to authenticate without any logging and invisible to various reports and tools. According to support ticket we have opened this seems to be intentional which to our mind is completely nonsense and beyond any logic.

Any login attempt, successful or otherwise should be logged, regardless of user agent string. Either log it or block the…

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Add permanent color-coding / skinning of different ADs and/or subscriptions in Azure Portal

This would be of great help to visually distinguish e.g. prod vs non-prod environments. Current AD-based color coding is not permanent (clicking on background changes its color) and color choices are very limited

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. make the Azure site-to-site VPN gateway support fixed public IP address

We are working with a cloud service provider that supports VPN connections but they want an IP address for out end point. We don't want to use a dynamic IP address and that is the only option available on Azure at the moment.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Cosmos DB - auto alert when patch is applied

Can you please look at providing alerting rules for when a when a patch is applied to VMs & Cosmos DB regions. This alert would notify us there has been a change and allow us to schedule testing to ensure continued functionality of service. August '18 patch broke some of our functionality and it took a weeks investigation to identify it was to do with an Azure patch.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Azure Virtual WAN Coexistence with ExpressRoute

Looking to have the ability to deploy Virtual WAN hub peered with VNets which also have deployed an ExpressRoute gateway.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Enable Hardware Backed MFA

It would be very nice if the Azure platform allowed for use of Hardware Backed MFA devices such as a Yubikey. It would make life much easier for those of us who manage azure accounts for our clients.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

(General Feedback)

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base