(General Feedback)

Do you have an idea or suggestion based on your experience with Azure? We would love to hear it! Please take a few minutes to submit your idea in the one of the forums available on the right or vote up an idea submitted by another Azure customer. All of the feedback you share in these forums will be monitored and reviewed by the Microsoft engineering teams responsible for building Azure.

This forum (General Feedback) is used for any broad feedback related to Azure. If you have feedback on a specific service such as Azure Virtual Machines, Web Apps, or SQL Database, please submit your feedback in one of the forums available on the right.

Remember that this site is only for feature suggestions and ideas!

If you have technical questions or need help with Azure, please try StackOverflow or visit our MSDN forums

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Azure ARM check previous infrastructure status

I am working with Azure Templates (ARM). I have to create a lot of resources and I will like to know a way to check what is going to be changed in my infrastructure.

I searched a lot for any information related with this GREAT FEATURE (if there is one) but I did not find anything. So I will like to know if there is any way to see which resources are going to be change . I know about this for Chef and Ansible because they have a dry mode or testing mode that provide you with a summary…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Microsoft
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Update Point-to-Site Documentation to Include Root Certificate Installation

This article needs to be updated:
    https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/vpn-gateway/vpn-gateway-howto-point-to-site-classic-azure-portal

I spent an entire week with Microsoft techs trying to resolve an error I was getting on all three of my VPN client devices:
    A certificate could not be found that can be used with this Extensible Authentication Protocol. (Error 798

Finally one of the support techs told me that I needed to install the root certificate on the client device. When I told him that the documentation did not say to do that, he told me I was correct, but that I was indeed required to do it in order for the…

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Let Web Apps to be PCI compliance

Despite that PCI compliance is promoted at Azure, a Web App created at Azure is non compliant by default, and cannot be set-up appropriately.

I understand that a Web App is not as isolated as an ASE (that still is not compliance by default, needs advanced set-up), with instances sharing system level settings with other clients (so cannot be changed independently), and I understand some set-up changes that apply to all clients, even ones that do not require PCI, can lead to problems to some of them.

I propose an option to opt-in to PCI compliance at Web App level;…

24 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Allow resources to be moved between trusted ADs

We had a need to switch trusted AD for our subscription, but figured out that many Azure resources keep their configuration in AD (e.g. Web Apps, Key Vault, Team Services etc). Since we had quite a lot services deployed and running we couldn't have been able to perform this switch.
    I suggest to have an option to migrate the whole set of existed resources in the subscription to another AD when the trusted AD is being switched.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Implement ASP.NET Identity Class to work with easytable API to implement Security for mobile easy

Implement ASP.NET Identity Class to work with easytable API to implement Security for mobile the easy way. and expose the indentity class mothod via api.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Searchable comments on feedback.azure.com

Hi,

These feedback forums are great!

I noticed that searching for feedback doesn't search comments - can I suggest this be included? Often there is more detail added in comments since the original feedback post cannot be edited by the author, and also other users will add new perspectives or insights.

This will help reduce duplication/fragmentation of ideas across multiple feedback items and allow votes to be more representative.

Cheers
    Ben

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Add scheduled key regeneration as an option on the storage account access key blade

Storage account access keys should be regenerated frequently. Please add an option that allows the user to enable scheduled regeneration of the keys from within the storage account access key blade.

16 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. *********** test approval form

Hi,

This form ('*********** test approval form') needs to be re-worked.
    1. I am able to select a cloud as a resource type service from a drop-down list but I cannot find a 'resource group' in that list
    2. 'Azure DNS name of resource' is not quite a happy coloumn title as some machines only have IPs, and not DNS names.

Please reconsider & update.

BR,

George Costache

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. let us change our password without having to go to our system admin.

The system will let us log in with the expired password. But, when we go to use an app on the server - it prompts us that our password has expired and that we have to get with our system admin or tech support for assistance.

Speed up the process by allowing us to change our passwords without having to wait on them!!

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. When moving a resource

When moving a resource (or resource group) to a new subscription.
    ask for real movement after the validation, this would enable a dry test upfront for planning

32 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Within Azure Activity Logs, it would be very beneficial to also capture GET/READs in addition to Write, Delete and Action

Within Azure Activity Logs, it would be very beneficial to also capture GET/READs in addition to Write, Delete and Action

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. EA: Managing subscriptions operations by multiple users, not by single account owner

This is regarding Azure account & subscription management in Enterprise Agreement
    There is a scenario where the account owner is not available for considerable long time due to his/her sick/vacation leave or long biz trip for example, which cause subscriptions operations downtime.
    To avoid that, we should be able to have multiple users for such subscriptions operations.

20 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Better way to take the vm golden images

The procedure to take vm golden image and spin up new instances using the same image is a very lengthy procedure and requires technical guys to mess up with the azure templates and do it.

This task however can be delegated to less technical people (who knows how to operate a software ) to simply take images using gui and spinning up a new virtual machine/s using the same golden image.

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Windows Azure VMs should come with PowerShell v5 or greater provisioned.

Apparently, Windows Azure VMs come with PowerShell v4.
    Azure cmdlets seem to need PowerShell v5. So, VMs should be provisioned with PowerShell v5 by default.
    Or, there should be a way to easily indicate what version of powershell should be on the image when provisioning, I suppose via an extension of some sort.

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Do not let users create GPU instances running Ubuntu 14.04

The NVIDIA GPU drivers are only compatible with Ubuntu 16.04 as noted in the documentation here: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/virtual-machines/virtual-machines-linux-n-series-driver-setup

However, the Azure portal allows users to create GPU instances running Ubuntu 14.04. This is extremely confusing for new users who aren't aware of this restriction while creating their instances. Personally I wasted a lot of time trying to install drivers on three different virtual machines because this restriction was not clear.

If we prevent users from creating GPU instances running 14.04 then we can avoid this problem altogether.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Storage Explorer

Junk, I am not going to upgrade my OS to a untrusted source. Last time that I did that it broke too many other things. Also won't let me sign in

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Make a CAD for Board Development in Visual Studio

Not really Azure related, but...

How about extending Visual Studio so that I can drag and drop a Raspberry Pi or some other device from the toolbox? I can then drag over a power source, some wires/lights/resistors/servos/etc.. and connect them to the board. VS tells me if the circuit is complete and any problems with the wiring. I then can write code and see how the emulated device behaves. I then can send the code to a real Raspberry PI plugged in (like you do now). It would greatly help software devs looking at EE for the 1st time.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Allow firewall rules on Azure SQL DB to be removed via ARM templates

Currently it seems that because the firewall rules for an Azure SQL DB are just proxy resources in an ARM template that you can not remove them via this mechanism. If you remove them from the ARM template, they are not removed from the Azure SQL DB resource. This means that it is not possible to properly source control the configuration as the source controlled configuration can differ from reality. I think it is vital to allow people to properly manage the Azure SQL DB as code that you work allow the rules to be removed via the ARM template.

34 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Make it easier to figure out why my virtual server keeps stopping by itself. It's important that servers do not stop without good reason.

I'm a Bizspark trial user, and my servers keep stopping and I don't know why. "Activity log" only lists server start events, not stop events. Finding out whether servers are stopping because Bizspark subscription exceeded seems difficult. I want my servers to stay running

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. new feature

In Logic app, Salesforce connector needs a query builder, so that we would be able to build our queries with out any issues

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

(General Feedback)

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base