(General Feedback)

Do you have an idea or suggestion based on your experience with Azure? We would love to hear it! Please take a few minutes to submit your idea in the one of the forums available on the right or vote up an idea submitted by another Azure customer. All of the feedback you share in these forums will be monitored and reviewed by the Microsoft engineering teams responsible for building Azure.

This forum (General Feedback) is used for any broad feedback related to Azure. If you have feedback on a specific service such as Azure Virtual Machines, Web Apps, or SQL Database, please submit your feedback in one of the forums available on the right.

Remember that this site is only for feature suggestions and ideas!

If you have technical questions or need help with Azure, please try StackOverflow or visit our MSDN forums

I suggest you ...

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Add more details about incoming approval on Windows Authenticator apps

It would be good that authentication request would include source for request either by the app/service or IP address.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Microsoft
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. I MUST BE ABLE TO SEND EMAIL CONFIRMATIONS WITHOUT BEING FORCED TO USE A RELAY

I MUST BE ABLE TO SEND EMAIL CONFIRMATIONS WITHOUT BEING FORCED TO USE A RELAY !!!!! I have to use PHP mail and CDO directly from my Virtual Machine. Add that feature and I will return. Too many horror stories about SendGrid and other providers you force us to use.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Security Audit Logging Dashboards for industry standard events on virtual machines

Having to build custom dashboards to collect standard security events from Windows VMs would be a repeated task by many IT teams hosting production systems in Azure. The Azure system already logs similar information about Azure specific activities, it would be very helpful to extend this to a limited set of activities coming from the event system in windows VMs.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Perform regular scans for hung resources

Apparently, it happens that resources can be stuck somehow in the back-end. This suggestion is the result of a support request in which I had to contact the product group to delete resources that were in hung state.

The resources (app service plan and web site) were deleted months ago, however, they just disappeared from the portal without being deleted in the back-end, resulting in a few months of additional charges for this service plan that was supposedly deleted (but for some reason just silently failed).

Perhaps the back-end could use a regular scan to detect any hung resources and…

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Make Disk Encryption Easy

In AWS, when I want to create a VM that is encrypted, I create a key store and then when I create the AMI I can create a copy of it and tick the encrypted option. It is very easy indeed and I can go from nothing to an encrypted machine in about 20 minutes.

In Azure, I have to create a vault, create a key encryption key, create an application, allow the application access to the key vault, make a note in excel of about 28736 parameters, try to create the VM, work out why it failed, try to…

13 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Microsoft outlook Support

Getting the Microsoft Outlook Error and looking for support then you may be read the blogs post at http://microsoftoutlooksupport.com

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. At typescript compiler for Azure Functions

When creating Azure Function in typescript I need to compile it before testing it or deploying code to Azure. Maybe Azure Functions could have typescript complier (tsc/babel) included. That would shorten dev time for typescript developers.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Grouping feature in Azure Resource

I wish to have Grouping feature by resource type to help me better manage my resources. Imagine if you have around 30-40 resources per environment then you have no intuitive view in a single view

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Add explicit description to say that an "Owner" doesn't equal to "Admin" in Azure subcription

I got a new subscription from manager, and was granted "Owner" privilege in new portal. Then I needed to upload management certificate to Azure subscription for onboarding a service.

As many people know, it is only doable to upload management certificate into Azure subscription in classic portal, so I went to the classic portal, and found that I couldn't find that subscription in classic portal.

After consulting Azure support, I learnt that in new portal, the "Owner" role doesn't mean I can do everything as an administrator, actually, I need to have "Co-Admin" privilege to upload management certificate in classic…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. manage payment methods

The payment method management window does not open.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Azure Internal Load balancer

Able to get the logs for External Load Balancer. But not for Internal Load balancer. Please let us know whether we can get logs for Azure Internal Load balancer??? and also alert rules functionality is missing got both Azure external and internal load balancer.. let us know when it will be available

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Get the zoo of tools a bit clearer in terms of purpose.

I have been quite surprised by the amount of tools (azure CLI2.0, Azure Powershell cmdlets, az command, ...) to use to get out of an issue I faced with recreating a VM from a template because I mistakenly got a VM sysprepd using "stop". Not to mention templates on Github + reuse a VHD.... And the backup/restore vs "expected" snapshot behavior meaning was surprising.
    The inability to rename resources is also annoying.

All of this should be somewhere upfront because it really makes the "first impression" somewhat bad.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. i am customer of idea last three year with postpaid conection but it was very bad experience my no 7055120088 so i want to port

very bad experience with idea postpaid so i want to port
    my no 7055120088 always in a bill i find lots of error very bad service

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Passwordreset service badly translated to swedish

Here are some suggestions that make the service more comprehensible:

Change the title "Gå tillbaka till ditt konto" (Go back to yout acount) to "Återställ ditt lösenord" (Reset your password).

Change the text "Kontrollera ditt mobiltelefonnummer" (Check your mobilephonenumber) to "Skriv ditt mobilnummer" (Type your mobilenumber).

Change the button text "Text" to "Skicka" (Send).

Change the text "Vi har skickat ett sms med verifieringskoden till din telefon" to "Skriv verifieringskoden som vi skickat till din telefon" (Write the verificationcode we sent to your telephone).

The text/subtitle "verifieringssteg 1 > välj ett nytt lösenord" is superfluous.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Microsoft reportedly planning spring hardware event without a new Surface Book 2

Microsoft is reportedly planning to hold a special Surface hardware event in the spring. ZDNet’s Mary Jo Foley reports that Microsoft will be holding a Surface hardware event, despite the Surface Book 2 reportedly not ready to appear at the press event. Microsoft typically holds its Surface hardware events in New York, but the software giant has not yet officially announced plans for a spring hardware showcase.

DigiTimes claimed earlier this month that the next Surface Book would be a clamshell laptop design without a detachable display, and would be announced by the end of April. ZDNet claims the successor…

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Delete resources using deployment name

How to delete resources by using Deployment name.

I am creating Azure VM using ARM template with following resources:-
    1. Storage account
    2. Virtual Network
    3. Public IP address
    4. Network Security Group
    5. Network Interface

After creation of VM, I want to delete those resources by using Deployment Name. How can I delete it using Azure CLI command?

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Allow multiple subscription owners on an invoiced pay-as-you-go subscription

We are a relatively small company with business critical deployments on Azure. We have an invoiced pay-as-you-go subscription, and simply would like to have multiple people in our organization with ownership-level access to our Azure subscription, to provide business continuity / redundancy. We are not in a position to engage via Enterprise Agreement, and were told that all we can do is transfer the subscription. Further, since we are invoiced, to transfer ownership to another individual within our company, we would need to go through MS credit again, and re-submit all the info required to be invoiced. This is a…

10 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Clarify Azure Application Gateway billing

https://azure.microsoft.com/en-us/pricing/details/application-gateway/ mentions that Application Gateway provides 'Per minute billing'.

However the FAQ at the bottom of the page lists this:

Is a partial hour billed as a full hour?
    Yes. A partial hour is billed as a full hour.

Is the FAQ outdated?

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. component where one can design circuit using various componets and simulate their IoT (data publisher)

I would be a one stop solution if one can get a component to design their electronic circuits with famous components like Arduino and Raspberry pi, Esp8266, sensors and likewise and then simulate their circuit which shall display the current and voltage at selected point, also based on product select may suggest any additional protection circuit to apply. This will complete the circle of IoT designing and provide a one stop solution as Azure platform.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. You have several visual bugs on your website: phone number is flickering after tabs are changed (Prolly some JS script updating phone number

You have several visual bugs on your website:
    phone number is flickering after tabs are changed (Prolly some JS script updating phone number basing on country). In documentation tab "Bezpłatne konto" collides with arrow pointing right, These I found in one minute , I am scared to think how many more there are.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

(General Feedback)

Feedback and Knowledge Base