(General Feedback)

Do you have an idea or suggestion based on your experience with Azure? We would love to hear it! Please take a few minutes to submit your idea in the one of the forums available on the right or vote up an idea submitted by another Azure customer. All of the feedback you share in these forums will be monitored and reviewed by the Microsoft engineering teams responsible for building Azure.

This forum (General Feedback) is used for any broad feedback related to Azure. If you have feedback on a specific service such as Azure Virtual Machines, Web Apps, or SQL Database, please submit your feedback in one of the forums available on the right.

Remember that this site is only for feature suggestions and ideas!

If you have technical questions or need help with Azure, please try StackOverflow or visit our MSDN forums

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Microsoft reportedly planning spring hardware event without a new Surface Book 2

Microsoft is reportedly planning to hold a special Surface hardware event in the spring. ZDNet’s Mary Jo Foley reports that Microsoft will be holding a Surface hardware event, despite the Surface Book 2 reportedly not ready to appear at the press event. Microsoft typically holds its Surface hardware events in New York, but the software giant has not yet officially announced plans for a spring hardware showcase.

DigiTimes claimed earlier this month that the next Surface Book would be a clamshell laptop design without a detachable display, and would be announced by the end of April. ZDNet claims the successor…

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Microsoft
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Delete resources using deployment name

How to delete resources by using Deployment name.

I am creating Azure VM using ARM template with following resources:-
    1. Storage account
    2. Virtual Network
    3. Public IP address
    4. Network Security Group
    5. Network Interface

After creation of VM, I want to delete those resources by using Deployment Name. How can I delete it using Azure CLI command?

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Allow multiple subscription owners on an invoiced pay-as-you-go subscription

We are a relatively small company with business critical deployments on Azure. We have an invoiced pay-as-you-go subscription, and simply would like to have multiple people in our organization with ownership-level access to our Azure subscription, to provide business continuity / redundancy. We are not in a position to engage via Enterprise Agreement, and were told that all we can do is transfer the subscription. Further, since we are invoiced, to transfer ownership to another individual within our company, we would need to go through MS credit again, and re-submit all the info required to be invoiced. This is a…

10 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Clarify Azure Application Gateway billing

https://azure.microsoft.com/en-us/pricing/details/application-gateway/ mentions that Application Gateway provides 'Per minute billing'.

However the FAQ at the bottom of the page lists this:

Is a partial hour billed as a full hour?
    Yes. A partial hour is billed as a full hour.

Is the FAQ outdated?

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. component where one can design circuit using various componets and simulate their IoT (data publisher)

I would be a one stop solution if one can get a component to design their electronic circuits with famous components like Arduino and Raspberry pi, Esp8266, sensors and likewise and then simulate their circuit which shall display the current and voltage at selected point, also based on product select may suggest any additional protection circuit to apply. This will complete the circle of IoT designing and provide a one stop solution as Azure platform.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. You have several visual bugs on your website: phone number is flickering after tabs are changed (Prolly some JS script updating phone number

You have several visual bugs on your website:
    phone number is flickering after tabs are changed (Prolly some JS script updating phone number basing on country). In documentation tab "Bezpłatne konto" collides with arrow pointing right, These I found in one minute , I am scared to think how many more there are.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Have more Azure china document

Lack of China Azure document and sometimes in accurate (machine translation)

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. User write back from AAD to on-prem

I believe there was a user write back feature of AAD connect, however it is now disabled. I would like to have that feature in the future so that it would be useful and convenient for admins. Thanks

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. MAM policies for pre-installed Microsoft apps

Many android devices like Samsung modes come with pre-installed Microsoft apps like Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint. Such apps don't work well with MAM policies. Those pre-installed apps need to be disabled and then enabled for MAM policies to get deployed over them.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. The P2S VPN with one operation

We hope that the P2S VPN can connect to VNET with one operation. the P2S VPN opens special window when trying to connect VPN. we want to easy operation for the P2S VPN without the operation for special window. We are glad if you please consider.

8 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. gfds

df

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. RDS for MySQL is easier on AWS than Azure.

Attaching and detaching data using RDS for MySQL is easier on AWS than Azure.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Add a link for complements to your development team for giving us cool tools to use.

We all like to receive compliments from our users of our applications. I think your tool developers who gives us these awesome tools to make applications would also like to receive compliments from us developers who use these tools. I often get credit for a great application and web sites but my customers don't realize it is because of the ease in which I can make these sites thanks to your tool developers. My hats off to all of you at Microsoft.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. internal server error during validation when incorrect data type is used in template function

Template validation fails with "Encountered internal server error" when incorrect data type is used in the padLeft function.
    E.g. If you incorrectly type padLeft(copyIndex(1),'0',2) instead of padLeft(copyIndex(1),2,'0') [notice that in the first instance, parameters 2 and 3 are reversed and parameter 2 is a string instead of an integer], template validation will crash with an internal server error and provide no indication of what is wrong. This makes it very hard to discover what & where the problem is.
    Please have validation check that parameters are the right data type.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Provide Azure logo for MPN member

I'd like to officially offer Azure's logo for MPN member.
    I confirmed the license of Azure's logo to introduce Azure on our website.
    I contacted the secretariat of MPN, but there was an answer that Azure's logo was not licensed. Currently, all partners using Azure's logo were replying that they violated the rules.
    This thinks that companies participating in MPN are problematic in advancing Azure's business.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Give us the option to migration from Azure Licensing to HUB Licensing

If one creates a VM using the normal market place resources the licensing would be added to the bill where as with HUB we're able to use our EA's for licensing.

That said, there should be an option to migrate the VM from the original licensing to the HUB licensing without having to rebuild everything.

10 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Add slider bar

Add slider bar in Choose VM Size pane in portal.azure.com when you do View all so you don't get the whole sha-bang all the time

30 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. ... improve the dis coverability of the "Compliance Reports" web page, https://servicetrust.microsoft.com/Documents/ComplianceReports.

Starting from a number of Microsoft Trust Center webpages I was not able to self-discover the https://servicetrust.microsoft.com/Documents/ComplianceReports webpage, and only found by posting a question in the answers.microsoft.com Office 365 user forum, where someone provided the link.

Especially, you might include a link from this Trust Center webpage:

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/TrustCenter/Compliance/SOC

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. give customers the ability to combine multiple metrics onto a single graph for use in dashboards.

give customers the ability to combine multiple metrics onto a single graph for use in dashboards. It would be nice to have a single dash board that could have a few larger graphs that would display information like CPU across multiple servers.

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Azure ARM check previous infrastructure status

I am working with Azure Templates (ARM). I have to create a lot of resources and I will like to know a way to check what is going to be changed in my infrastructure.

I searched a lot for any information related with this GREAT FEATURE (if there is one) but I did not find anything. So I will like to know if there is any way to see which resources are going to be change . I know about this for Chef and Ansible because they have a dry mode or testing mode that provide you with a summary…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

(General Feedback)

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base