(General Feedback)

Do you have an idea or suggestion based on your experience with Azure? We would love to hear it! Please take a few minutes to submit your idea in the one of the forums available on the right or vote up an idea submitted by another Azure customer. All of the feedback you share in these forums will be monitored and reviewed by the Microsoft engineering teams responsible for building Azure.

This forum (General Feedback) is used for any broad feedback related to Azure. If you have feedback on a specific service such as Azure Virtual Machines, Web Apps, or SQL Database, please submit your feedback in one of the forums available on the right.

Remember that this site is only for feature suggestions and ideas!

If you have technical questions or need help with Azure, please try StackOverflow or visit our MSDN forums

I suggest you ...

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. meer *****

ik zat dus laast op u google site en zag dat als ik ***** op zocht kreeg ikte veel ***** en dus wil ik meer dus daroom wil ik ***** op de computer als voorgestelde sites

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: oidc
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Enable encryption for Ubuntu 18.04 VM

Please implements Ubuntu 18.04 LTS disk encryption.

11 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. SSMS - Add temporary names or labels to query windows.

The names of the query windows are always the same. For ex: SQLQuery01.sql, SQLQuery02.sql .. SQLQueryXX.sql. When too many windows are open, names are mangled. Can we give the windows a temporary name? Instant tags without the need to save.

Also. More tabs can be accessed if the tabs can be reduced.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Create default folders on temporary storage (D) - example sql temp location

Lots of customers wondering why tempory storage (D) is even present.
    I created a script that will create folders upon start up prior to start of SQL services if not already present..
    It would be nice if some standard named folders where already present after longer period after shutdown/reboot of server.

That way we could actually use the drive for something good.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Microsoft Azure203x(Azure Virtual Networks)Certificate NOT RECEIVED for over 4 Months.

It is with disappointment that I write to inform that after receiving a voucher from "Fast Lane LIVE <info@fastlane.live>",15th May 2018 on passing Microsoft Azure 203x(Microsoft Virtual Networks) and the voucher validated on 16th May 2018 at "https://academy.microsoft.com/en-us/voucher&quot; and "https://cloudsociety.learning.microsoft.com/oauth2/authorize/confirm", I haven't received my certificate till date. I have contacted both ITLS and Fastlane in a series of emails and they informed that they have escalated the issue on several occasions with dates like 3rd June 2018 and 23rd Oct.2018 significant where I concluded that they are totally helpless. I am not happy. On…

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Billing - RI can be filtered down to subscription level

Please provide the function to see purchased RI not only on EA level.
    Its necessary to make the purchase of RI down to subscription level. (in our case: organisation with more than 20 subscriptions and RI purchased scope for single)

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Application Service Environment for Developer

As a developer, I would like to have a closed environment for development purposes of PAAS and Function applications. An environment similar to ASE that can be configured for network isolation but smaller and cheaper.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Gamelift for azure

I think it would be nice to add a service to easily manage game server like aws gamelift.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Add alerting capabilities to SQL Elastic Job Agent

As a SQL DBA, I would like SQL Elastic Job Agent to send email or webhook alert when a job fails, retries, starts, or finished.

Integration with Azure Monitor would be preferred.

Thank you!

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. allow locking the datalake down for global administrators

make it so that someone that is a global administrator doesn't have access by default to the data lakes.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Webpage azure subscription amendment

I suggest that you include the information on the web-page that 3rd party cookies are needed – OR a better solution is not to use 3rd party cookies at all. Was not able to make any adjustments without accepting 3rd party cookies.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. office 365 group expiration

Within the Office 365 Group Expiration setup there should be a way to set it such that all groups *except* specific ones are subject to the expiration setting. As it stands now it's the other way around; all groups or only the selected ones. In an environment where users are permitted to created their own groups (something I was told even Microsoft allows) you really need the expiration feature enabled by default. But there are certainly use cases where as an admin you will want specific groups exempted from this setting.

105 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. expand Https filter options for the other imageType filter query parameters (Clipart, Line, Photo, etc.) for the Bing Images Search API

Right now, the AnimatedGifHttps filter query parameter is the only option that returns results from an Https address. It works great, but there is no equal for static images. Many apps can only display Https content.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. budget

Have Azure Budget notifications/alert email for Resource Group and subscription give a estimation or forecast on current consumption on when the Budget will actually be reached to help give users a good idea on when the budget will be met - especially if it is before the months end.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Link to all FAQ's from a central point

It would be good to see all Azure FAQ's signposted from a single point (another cloud service provider does this: https://aws.amazon.com/faqs/). For context, I'm building a chatbot for internal use where colleagues can ask about services provided by our CCoE, and would like to be able to also respond to questions about general Azure services. If there were a pre-existing KB I could link to, that would be great.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. MFA preferred option selected by user

Admins should be able to find the preferred option and phone number user selected so that in case of any issues helpdesk administrator should be able to check and guide users appropriately.
    Currently there is only power shell command but there should be something in portal UI as well so that it will be easy for helpdesk administrators

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Provide the ability to use the pair_matching target with Extended Events in Azure SQL DB

When using Extended Events with SQL Server (on-prem) there are multiple targets available, including the pair_matching target. This target is extremely useful for troubleshooting timeout issues. The target is not available in Azure SQL DB, even though other memory-resident targets (e.g. event_counter, ring_buffer) are available. Please consider adding this target as an event consumer to help troubleshoot timeout, and other, issues related to unmatched events.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Forward Request's Original Host

This is useful when backend services need a way to recognize the client's requested domain (i.e. multitenant saas based on custom domains).

X-Forwarded-Host or other custom header where we can get the original domain's name.

Thanks!
    Luis

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Offer B-Series ala carte CPU credits priced based on current demand "spot market"

I have B-Series virtual machines that most of the time have plenty of CPU credits in reserve, but about twice a month I need 12-24 hours of use at nearly 100% CPU. It would be nice to have the option purchasing additional CPU credits as opposed to reprovisioning at some higher level of service for that short period of time.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

(General Feedback)

Feedback and Knowledge Base