(General Feedback)

Do you have an idea or suggestion based on your experience with Azure? We would love to hear it! Please take a few minutes to submit your idea in the one of the forums available on the right or vote up an idea submitted by another Azure customer. All of the feedback you share in these forums will be monitored and reviewed by the Microsoft engineering teams responsible for building Azure.

This forum (General Feedback) is used for any broad feedback related to Azure. If you have feedback on a specific service such as Azure Virtual Machines, Web Apps, or SQL Database, please submit your feedback in one of the forums available on the right.

Remember that this site is only for feature suggestions and ideas!

If you have technical questions or need help with Azure, please try StackOverflow or visit our MSDN forums

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Imran imran Malik imran7433

Address
    120 st
    City
    Houston
    State
    TX
    Zipcod
    Phone
    313-999-6060
    Website
    https://malikmalikmalikpuu74.com
    Keywords
    Plumbing Service
    Description
    Looking for a Plumber? We offer a premium plumbing service in Islamabad. No job is too small or big for us. Our Plumbers are skilled, trained and professional, and can do any kind of plumbing job for you. We can do maintenance & repair work as well as tasks related to new construction such as piping (PPR, PVC, GI or rubber) and installation of water heaters, geysers, water motors, pressure pumps, toilet seats etc. So whether you are building or constructing a house,…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Microsoft
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Improve customer support quality and availability

Customer support of Azure is bad, specially compared to AWS. AWS is available instantly for an issue, and Azure is just like the traditionally laid back support structure and when someone does get on, their knowledge is not helping much. Please make some innovation in customer support engagement methods!

I am a Azure Certified Solutions Architect Expert passed AZ-300 and AZ-301. I am also an AWS Certified Solutions Architect.

So I am not talking through "emotions" but with true experience and comparison. It is sad to see Microsoft not given enough emphasis in this competitive era on customer support and…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. When changing subscription permissions, make it clear that changes that affect your own account may not take effect until logging back in

I had a subscription which only had privileges to set Access control on the Subscription and not owner. When attempting to delete the Subscription, I was told to 'Email Account Admin'. This user no longer existed.

Is it expected for users to understand to do this? Is this an edge case scenario or is there a suitable place to put a notification?

We have to revoke Azure MSDN Subscription benefits for employees occasionally in which this process will need to be followed to the letter.

To regain control, I set myself up to be the owner of a subscription and…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Define policy alias for Microsoft.KeyVault/vaults/softDeleteRetentionInDays

Currently, there is no alias for the 'number of soft delete retention days' for a KeyVault. Please create this alias as Microsoft.KeyVault/vaults/softDeleteRetentionInDays such that we can create a policy to check this integer value. Can you add this alias, please?

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Allow Private DNS zone to recurse to public DNS zone

Assume Private DNS Zone foobar.com as well as public DNS Zone with same name foobar.com.
    Then add a.foobar.com = 10.0.0.1 to the private zone, and a.foobar.com = 90.89.88.87 to the public zone and b.foobar.com = 80.78.79.77 only to the public zone.

From within a VNet linked to the private zone, one can now properly resolve a.foobar.com = 10.0.0.1. However, b.foobar.com does not resolve at all from that VNet. Example:

$ nslookup b.foobar.com
    Server: 168.63.129.16
    Address: 168.63.129.16#53

** server can't find b.foobar.com: NXDOMAIN

Please allow entries that do not exist in the private zone to recurse to the public zone.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. ability to connect through Bastion without entering username and password

Since we're connecting to a VM via the Azure portal and we're already authenticated with the portal, there should be a way to have a one-click connect with Azure Bastion. Typing in a user name and password every time seems tedious and less secure than if these credentials were handled inside Azure.

I'm not sure exactly how this should be implemented. Perhaps an option to save the credentials in a key vault?

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Better memory per core ratio for Azure SQL

Provide more options for a better memory to CPU core ratio. I thought the 7GB/vCore for Gen4 was low, but Gen5 has an even lower ratio at 5GB/vCore. When I drop $1000/vCore/month on a SQL Server, I expect it to have more than 7GB/vCore.

75 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Query Apps by Owners (AAD App Registration)

Provide a programmatic method to to list applications by owner name. This scenario is useful when you have a leaving employee that had control on a multiple application and did not pass the ownership permissions as needed.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. RBAC restrict user access per AAD application ID

RBAC should be able to restrict user access per the application ID in AAD token, so that admins could control user operation if they login Azure portal, and allow access for user operation from PowerShell / Az CLI.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Optimization of RBAC Functionality on Azure Firewall

I wanted to use RBAC to control the access to FW. More specifically, I want the role to be able to modify "NAT rule collection" only. To achieve this, I defined a custom role and added "Microsoft.Network/natRuleCollections/write" into the allowed actions. However, it's not working since portal reminds that "Microsoft.Network/azurefirewalls/write" must be allowed for this.

However, if this action is allowed, users with the role can modify all configurations of the FW, even those which are added into the "Not allowed" action, which is not expected. Below is the detailed definition of the role:

"Actions": [

"Microsoft.Network/natRuleCollections/read",

"Microsoft.Network/natRuleCollections/write",

"Microsoft.Network/azurefirewalls/read",

"Microsoft.Network/azurefirewalls/write",
    6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Fix annoying multi-factor authentication issue

Fix this, open since 2018: Save me minutes of my life every time I login: https://github.com/microsoft/AzureStorageExplorer/issues/2886

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Elevated Event Design

Business Address
    622 Executive Dr
    Willowbrook, IL

Business Phone
    630-590-3292

Business Website
    https://elevatedeventdesign.com

Business E-mail
    info@elevatedeventdesign.com

Description
    That’s right, partying is our job (well, sort of). If you like stories, we have a good one for you. Way, way back, a long time ago in 2006, Armond Cozzi decided that he loved music so much he would become a DJ. Starting off DJing in his bedroom, then DJing at bars, night clubs, festivals (spring awakening) he would start a mobile DJ service at the same time specializing at private events, graduations, birthday parties, school events, and then finally making…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. 3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Powershell Inactive Guest users in Azure Active Directory Organizational relationships

Inactive Guest users in Azure Active Directory Organizational relationships, is there a way to powershell to obtain users who haven't signed into Tenant in 30 days?

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. dynamic VM IP should automatically update in record set (DNZ zone)

if i have a VM public IP is configured in DNZ zone , everytime i am restarting the VM, Azure allocate dynamic IP to VM , so i need to change the IP in record set to make sure my external domain is in sync with new IP whereas Azure give the feature to retain the same IP of VM , but in case we want to choose dynamic IP feature , why can't the new IP get updated in record set automatically

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Azure related ID's

It is very frustrating to deal with object id, tenant id, appid, appownertenantid, client id, application id, directory id. Errors dont show one specific id to point to Service Principal permissions. Been working for 15 years, and never got so confused dealing with identity management!

Please simplify!

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Add instance count to App Service Plan pane

Currently, there is no easy way to determine the number of active instances in an App Service Plan that has auto-scaling turned on. The most reliable way I've found to determine this is to open Live Metrics in Application Insights, which will then tell you the number of servers online. This is way too many clicks to find out this crucial bit of information. When I've received support from Microsoft engineers and asked about where to find this information, they've directed me to several metrics that never show the count, or do so inconsistently (e.g., sometimes the metric shows no…

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Update the portal to allow the selection of VNets from other subscriptions when enabling VPN Gateway VNet Integration on a Web App

Update the Azure portal to allow the selection of VNets from other subscriptions when enabling VPN Gateway VNet Integration on a Web App. Currently you cannot do this in the portal. Currently, you have to temporarily stand up a Web App in the same subscription, VNet Integrate it to the GW in order to create the relevant certificate information behind the scenes, then use a code-based method to VNet Integrate another Web App from another subscription, and finally delete the temporary Web App. This is overly convoluted, and would be avoided if you could just select the VNet Gateway in…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Expand the protocols in NSGs to include GRE (47), ESP (50), and AHP (51).

Please expand the NSG protocols to allow the scoping of an IPsec tunnel. The protocols needed are GRE (47), ESP (50), and AHP (51).

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Azure eventhubs improvements

Azure eventhubs doesn't permit to export all logs especially logs about security center & change tracking files when enabled into SIEM like ELK or SPlunk Etc.....

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

(General Feedback)

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base