(General Feedback)

Do you have an idea or suggestion based on your experience with Azure? We would love to hear it! Please take a few minutes to submit your idea in the one of the forums available on the right or vote up an idea submitted by another Azure customer. All of the feedback you share in these forums will be monitored and reviewed by the Microsoft engineering teams responsible for building Azure.

This forum (General Feedback) is used for any broad feedback related to Azure. If you have feedback on a specific service such as Azure Virtual Machines, Web Apps, or SQL Database, please submit your feedback in one of the forums available on the right.

Remember that this site is only for feature suggestions and ideas!

If you have technical questions or need help with Azure, please try StackOverflow or visit our MSDN forums

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Instance Metadata Service should support "standard" SKU public IP in the same way as "Basic" SKU

A request to Azure Instance Metadata Service allows me to retrieve from the VM all the network related information (for each NIC):
    - IP address
    - Subnet
    - Public IP associated
    It is a very convenient way to discover from the VM itself which public IP it has without needing an external service.

The problem is that only "Basic" SKU Public IP are supported while we need "Standard" SKU to support Availability Zones or reserved Public IP ranges.

15 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Microsoft
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    2 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Please include some functionality on Application Gateway to quicky identify which VM has gone down. As of now it doesn't show it.

Please include some functionality on Application Gateway to quicky identify which VM has gone down. As of now it doesn't show it.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. ability to connect through Bastion without entering username and password

Since we're connecting to a VM via the Azure portal and we're already authenticated with the portal, there should be a way to have a one-click connect with Azure Bastion. Typing in a user name and password every time seems tedious and less secure than if these credentials were handled inside Azure.

I'm not sure exactly how this should be implemented. Perhaps an option to save the credentials in a key vault?

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. RBAC restrict user access per AAD application ID

RBAC should be able to restrict user access per the application ID in AAD token, so that admins could control user operation if they login Azure portal, and allow access for user operation from PowerShell / Az CLI.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Powershell Inactive Guest users in Azure Active Directory Organizational relationships

Inactive Guest users in Azure Active Directory Organizational relationships, is there a way to powershell to obtain users who haven't signed into Tenant in 30 days?

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Please reopen linked ticket. Others are validating by commenting it should be reopened but I don't think you're seeing the comments

Others agree this is something that's missing and I keep coming across it so much I've considered developing something hacky for it. No one can even upvote to give it stronger consideration because you've closed it. Thanks for considering again.

https://feedback.azure.com/forums/169385-web-apps/suggestions/34437919-graceful-app-service-restart-recycle-option

I keep coming across this need still 2 years later.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Sign-in from new device end-user notification

Hello,
    Would be great to receive a end-user notification if sign-in detected from new device. Similar exist in Google, Facebook, Netflix etc.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. APIM Support for Elliptical Curve Keys and ES512 Token Validation

Currently the validate-jwt policy in APIM doesn't support elliptical curve keys...specifically ES512 signature algorithms. We are trying to build out our service with leading security and asymmetric key strength by using elliptical curve keys. We don't want to use RSA keys since it won't be long before brute force attacks become a possibility.

We want validate-jwt to support ES512 (what we were targeting).

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Make Azure Key Vault integration available for SQL 2019 Standard

SQL 2019 Standard now support TDE; Azure Key Vault is the best way to manage TDE Keys, so it would make sense that SQL 2019 Standard and up support Key Vault Integration.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. number

Part Number (also known as Material ID and in the format AAA-123456) needs to be added to the Modern Commerce price list and billing recon file. We know they exist since they appear on explore and on rebate statements. We require these codes to check rebate qualifications and it's nonsensical that they are excluded and Modern is the only programme not showing them in the required places
    This is preventing our business from working efficiently

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Microsoft Authenticator passwordless sign-in reporting

We've recently started testing the Microsoft Authenticator passwordless sign-in with a small pilot group, but unfortunately can't find a way to report on our pilot users that have actually gone in and enabled device sign-in. It would be great if this could be reported on, especially as we open this up to more users and want to track adoption. At a minimum, it would be nice to see attempts in the, Azure Sign In logs.

Thanks.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Enterprise application On-premises display layout on office.com

Enterprise application On-premises display layout on office.com

When adding on-premise applications, we sometimes have official name that is greater than 15 caracters. What happens is the name gets truncated making it less informal.

It would be great to change the layout for added on-premise to be just like for the office apps with larger cell per app including a description.

Also the application name and display name should be allow to differ so that in the azure portal, we can easily find on-premise applications including those that are in production vs those that are in developpement.

For exemple, a web…

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Invoice-pdf in email for azure marketplace and reservations

I get my invoices for azure subscriptions via e-mail (attached pdf). My invoices for azure marketplace and reservations can only be downloaded in the portal. I would like to get those invoices as attached pdf in an email as well. Thanks!

10 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Export multiple OLM to PST

I would like to suggest you the best software to convert OLM to PST, this tool is very useful to export multiple OLM files to PST format without losing any information. This software provides so many advances and unique features such as filter option which helps you to find the specific mail by date range, subject, and other attributes.

More info:- http://www.olm-converter.com/

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Fix App Insights monitoring of an App Service so it does not have false negatives from some of 5 regions while the app remains up and health

Fix your networking problem. Monitoring an App Service in US West from US East, US South Central, US North Central and US West. I started getting failures in part of the regions in January 2020. App Insights has problems and it is absolutely unacceptable performance. See support Case 120021121007484 and talk to Jose Pablo Martínez

Partner Technical Advisor

Azure Monitoring and Automation | Customer Services and Support

Office: +506 4116 1162 | Email: josmart@microsoft.com

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. NSF to PST Converter

I would like to recommend you to download the eSoftTools NSF to PST Converter Software that is able to convert NSF file to PST file in the easiest way. This software has the split feature to split PST files into multiple small parts without any data changes. Users can save NSF files into many different file formats such as- PST, HTML, ICS, MSG, vCard, MBOX, EML, EMLX, and other formats with all mailboxes items like- emails, notes, tasks, etc. A free demo version of this software is also provided for all user that is able to simply move selective 25…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    4 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. How do I contact Panasonic printer support in the USA/CA?

Panasonic Printer Support | USA/CA
    Panasonic Printer Email Technical Support signaling one amongst the foremost prevailing Southwestern Bell phone service that is subsidiary of AT&T headquartered in TX, United State.. Panasonic Printer is one amongst the foremostdemanded email service everywhere the globe and this service.Panasonic Printer email signaling offers you email help and how-to tips.The team safeguards your account against on-line email threats Panasonic Printer Support.the most effective PANASONIC PRINTER telephone circuit Support signaling with tools for skipping the attend hold, the ... My Panasonic Printer.net email account has been suspended.
    PANASONIC PRINTER Support's Best Toll-Free/ Customer Phone Number
    This…

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. create option to export list of VMs from the Virtual Machines page

The Virtual machines page list all the virtual machines with columns that are not available in the all resources page, like private and public IP addresses. but there is not export list option on the page like you have in the all resources page.
    Kindly make this available.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Stadium Blackjack Strategy Difference?

I was wondering if there was any difference in basic strategy for Stadium Blackjack vs "normal".

Specifically, in regular blackjack the dealer's hole card is already dealt. In stadium blackjack I played at Venetian this past weekend, the dealer's hole card is determined when you stop taking cards - the next card then becomes the dealer's hole card.

Would there be a case where basic strategy is altered because if you don't hit (take the next card), then that same card will then become the the dealer's "hole" card?

I hope I explained my question well.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Polybase: SQL Server 2019 External File Format - Add First_Row Format Option

In SQL Server 2019 Polybase, for delimited external file formats, the "first_row" format option is not available.

As per this link: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/sql/t-sql/statements/create-external-file-format-transact-sql?view=sql-server-ver15

"First_Row = integer -- ONLY AVAILABLE SQL DW"

The first row format option is only available in Azure Synapse Analytics.

This functionality needs to be added into SQL Server 2019 Polybase as well please.

10 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

(General Feedback)

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base