Update: Microsoft will be moving away from UserVoice sites on a product-by-product basis throughout the 2021 calendar year. We will leverage 1st party solutions for customer feedback. Learn more here.

(General Feedback)

Do you have an idea or suggestion based on your experience with Azure? We would love to hear it! Please take a few minutes to submit your idea in the one of the forums available on the right or vote up an idea submitted by another Azure customer. All of the feedback you share in these forums will be monitored and reviewed by the Microsoft engineering teams responsible for building Azure.

This forum (General Feedback) is used for any broad feedback related to Azure. If you have feedback on a specific service such as Azure Virtual Machines, Web Apps, or SQL Database, please submit your feedback in one of the forums available on the right.

Remember that this site is only for feature suggestions and ideas!

If you have technical questions or need help with Azure, reach out to us on Microsoft Q&A or try StackOverflow

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Support for Contains operator for String Column in Azure Table Storage

We are using Azure table storage to log our application exceptions and it was required to search individual exception message column with certain exception word like 'AutoMapperException' or 'SqlException' etc.,

The contains should be a mandatory operator for any string column in any table. I don't know why it was missed.

I would say it would be big blocker for people who are planning to use Azure Table storage and quick searches.

Pls take this as high priority and provide this feature in next immediate release.

354 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    30 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Immutable blob on Azure Backup

It could be interesting to be able to take advantage of the feature immutable storage with Azure Backup's, at the blob level, to protect against attackers who delete backups. The soft delete (recycle bin) feature is not enough because it can be disabled.
    Note that immutable blob storage already exists at the level of a storage account.

293 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    17 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Authenticate to Azure Files from Azure AD joined device

We can use Azure AD DS and AD (in preview) to authenticate users to Azure Files, but only if their device is Azure AD DS joined, or AD joined respectively. I want to be able to do this from Azure AD joined devices.

118 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. AAD

MacBook client for Azure P2S VPN with AAD/MFA support

Currently AAD login is supported for native Windows 10 clients only, leaving those connecting with MacBook, Linux etc. without an option, or having to revert VPN Gateway (vWAN hub) P2S config back to basic cert based. With Virtual Wan in particular being a use case I have and with multiple MacBook users connecting globally, this is a use case I need asap.

86 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Support proxying of NTLM traffic for Application Gateway/WAF V2

Instead of Application Gateway/WAF V1, the Application Gateway/WAF V2 doesn't support NLTM traffic proxying. This prevents organizations to publish LOB-apps that require NTLM authentication on their backends, and thus the ability to use the modern scaling capabilities of AG/WAF V2.

86 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Role with access to all reservations

Please add the options to give access to all reservations, current and future to a group or user. Currently only the user that created the reservation has access to it and you have to grant access on each reservation individually. Very cumbersome and does not allow any automation around reservations. Create a role that will always have access to all reservations.

84 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    5 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Allow Azure CDN to display the Twitter card

Currently, any Microsoft Standard CDN powered website will not allow the Twitterbot to access the required meta tags for displaying a Twitter card. This is a huge setback for anyone looking to promote their Azure-powered site on Twitter.

Can you please allow the Twitterbot to display the Twitter card?

For reference: https://webmasters.stackexchange.com/questions/127812/twitter-cannot-fetch-content-from-our-domain-hosted-on-an-azure-cdn-even-though

67 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Support for SSL passthrough with Azure Front Door

I want to transfer a client certificate to the backend with Azure Front Door.
    However, Azure Front Door doesn't support the SSL passthrough function.
    I would like to support transferring the client certificate used in the TLS session established between Azure Front Door and the client to the backend.

67 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Azure Data Studio Notebook Print, and/or PDF option...

I have been using ADS Notebooks daily and find those crucial to improve exploring data sources, do some analysis, as a work-book to present an issue or QA effort, and other applications. It will be of great benefit to be able to Print or produce a PDF of the Nodebook on a particular state of the queries / code results to present results to others without forcing them to have the ability to access / run the Notebooks.

Can anyone provide feedback on the possibility to have this option?

66 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Cost Management Export API should Export Cost and Amortized Cost in the same file

When using the export API to export my costs, I should be able to include Amortized and non-amortized Cost in the same file. This would assure that if I need both data sets, they are assured to be using the same time range, and also would prevent me from having to join the data based on the line item IDs.

54 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Allow us to create outbound rules on external load balancer for secondary ip address of NIC.

I have Cisco NGFW VM in backend and which have multiple IP address in his external interface. Which we would like to translate to specific PIP for outbound traffic. But getting error "OutboundRuleCannotBeUsedWithBackendAddressPoolThatIsReferencedBySecondaryIpConfigs" .

I read in one of article that this is limitation of ELB but we need this option. This is very basic requirement and important which need by every organization who are planning to move his infra on Azure cloud or already moved.

54 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. rewrite the Azure CLI in Golang.

I tweeted about this somewhat jokingly and @AzureSupport directed me here. I imagine you plan on supporting and maintaining the Azure CLI for at least the next decade, and I can virtually guarantee that the total cost of doing so will be less if you rewrite in Go now. It will also be faster, easier to install, and generally provide a better experience for your users and developers. You've got some avid gophers at MSFT like Brian Ketelsen, Ashley McNamara, Jess Frazelle, etc. Ask them what they think!

52 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Invoice-pdf in email for azure marketplace and reservations

I get my invoices for azure subscriptions via e-mail (attached pdf). My invoices for azure marketplace and reservations can only be downloaded in the portal. I would like to get those invoices as attached pdf in an email as well. Thanks!

51 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    started  ·  6 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Azure AD Administrative Units

Allow adding users inside Administrative Units via Group Assignment.
    At the moment when group is assigned to Administrative Units inside Azure AD, members are not becoming part of the Unit. Also User admins of the unit may not govern the Group members.
    Would be good if users could inherit administrative Units from by the Group membership.

51 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    6 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Enable Oauthentication 2.0 on Power Automate Service Now Connector

The Service Now Connector only support Basic Authentication.
    In our company the Infosec team do not allow any connection with Basic Auth.
    For that reason is very important enable another authentication method

50 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Azure Internal Load balancer

Able to get the logs for External Load Balancer. But not for Internal Load balancer. Please let us know whether we can get logs for Azure Internal Load balancer??? and also alert rules functionality is missing got both Azure external and internal load balancer.. let us know when it will be available

50 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Update status of invoice in Azure portal

Currently, in invoice blade on Azure portal, the status of invoice won't be changed from due to paid if the payment was delay. So it got confused to know if the payment has been processed or not. Please improve this status to follow the payment status which is good to check payment.
    Thanks.

49 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. RI Actual Saving Cost View

Many of my customer would like to see RI actual saving cost in Azure Portal. Please add actual saving cost at RI usage view.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/cost-management-billing/reservations/manage-reserved-vm-instance#view-reservation-use-in-the-azure-portal

46 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Support to avoid having to change Application Gateway SKUv2 from WAF to Standard when disassociating WAF policy.

For now,when customers want to disassociate WAF policy from Application Gateway,
    we have to change Application Gateway from WAF SKU to Standard SKU.
    When we changed to Standard SKU,system can be exposed to threats.
    Please redesign this just like that disassociating WAF policy from listener.

45 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Remove Public IP Requirement for Application Gateway WAF V2

Currently, you must create a V2 App Gateway/WAF with a Public IP or a Public and Private IP. This wasn't a restriction with V1. Allow for V2 WAF to be created without a public IP to protect/load balance internal workloads.

45 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
← Previous 1 3 4 5 131 132
  • Don't see your idea?

(General Feedback)

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base