(General Feedback)

Do you have an idea or suggestion based on your experience with Azure? We would love to hear it! Please take a few minutes to submit your idea in the one of the forums available on the right or vote up an idea submitted by another Azure customer. All of the feedback you share in these forums will be monitored and reviewed by the Microsoft engineering teams responsible for building Azure.

This forum (General Feedback) is used for any broad feedback related to Azure. If you have feedback on a specific service such as Azure Virtual Machines, Web Apps, or SQL Database, please submit your feedback in one of the forums available on the right.

Remember that this site is only for feature suggestions and ideas!

If you have technical questions or need help with Azure, please try StackOverflow or visit our MSDN forums

I suggest you ...

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Federated domain cannot be set as Primary Default Domain

Federated domain cannot be set as Primary Default Domain instead the onmicrosoft.com domain is getting set as primary default domain.
    Need the federated domain to be enabled as the primary default domain without un-federating the domain.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      You have left! (?) (thinking…)
      0 comments  ·  Availability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    • Add ability to create a signed URL that provides users with access to the Azure Portal

It would be beneficial to create short-lived, signed URL that when clicked, automatically logs in a user in the Azure Portal. The typical use is for a trusted application. A user would authenticate into the trusted application using a username and password (or other MFA), and then once in the application, the user could click on a login button that would generate the signed URL, pass it to the browser, then it would automatically log in the user with a short-lived session token.

AWS has the functionality desired: https://docs.aws.amazon.com/IAM/latest/UserGuide/id_roles_providers_enable-console-custom-url.html

3 votes
      Vote
      Sign in
      Check!
      (thinking…)
      Reset
      or sign in with
      • facebook
      • google
        Password icon
        Signed in as (Sign out)
        0 comments  ·  azure.microsoft.com  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
      • Enhanced Azure Security for sending Emails

Since November 15, 2017, any new Virtual Machines (VMs) in Azure are now unable connect outbound using TCP port 25, see https://blogs.msdn.microsoft.com/mast/2017/11/15/enhanced-azure-security-for-sending-emails-november-2017-update/. There are certain subscriptions where an exception can be made to allow outbound connections on port TCP 25, but not for CSP subscriptions. I understand Microsoft's reasoning behind this to reduce spam being sent from Azure VMs, however this is very inconvenient when using a 3rd party application on the VM that needs to send email. Microsoft's solution to this is to use an authenticated SMTP service on port 587. I would like to use Office 365…

1 vote
        Vote
        Sign in
        Check!
        (thinking…)
        Reset
        or sign in with
        • facebook
        • google
          Password icon
          Signed in as (Sign out)
          0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
        • To be able to define CPU/ Memory in slots of Azure app service

In azure app service, Production site tends to slow down because of using slots as cpu & memory usage is consumed overall. If we can define or limit the cpu and memory for our slots then we can have a better usage of this feature.

1 vote
          Vote
          Sign in
          Check!
          (thinking…)
          Reset
          or sign in with
          • facebook
          • google
            Password icon
            Signed in as (Sign out)
          • 1 vote
            Vote
            Sign in
            Check!
            (thinking…)
            Reset
            or sign in with
            • facebook
            • google
              Password icon
              Signed in as (Sign out)
            • Implementation of the feature to distribute the contacts to Outlook for iOS deployed in iOS device via Intune.

I hope that the feature will be implemented to distribute Outlook contact card via Intune to Outlook app deployed in registered iOS device.

3 votes
              Vote
              Sign in
              Check!
              (thinking…)
              Reset
              or sign in with
              • facebook
              • google
                Password icon
                Signed in as (Sign out)
              • Dell technical support 1-800-236-5725

The users might confuse in choosing the right product as it is a competitive market but they can clearly figure out Dell Printer as the best among all. Dell printer has a multifunctional facility such as print, photocopy, scan, and fax. These features make Dell printer different from others. If the users have any technical issues then they can have assistance through Dell Printer Helpline 1-800-236-5725 Number with the help of qualified technicians. The users can avail this facility 24x7 online without any hassle.

Read More: http://www.dellcustomersupportnumber.com/dell-technical-support/

1 vote
                Vote
                Sign in
                Check!
                (thinking…)
                Reset
                or sign in with
                • facebook
                • google
                  Password icon
                  Signed in as (Sign out)
                  0 comments  ·  Offers  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                • Enable controlling Legacy Activation Client by Conditional Access on Azure AD.

Enable controlling Legacy Activation Client by Conditional Access on Azure AD.
                  (Azure AD の条件付きアクセスにおいて、先進認証に対応していないレガシー認証クライアントへの対応)

As a major way to control is using AD FS claim rules at present.
                  Furthermore, it would be great if the feature will able to control "Legacy Activation Client" especially for the users not compatible with modern authentication even from Azure Management Portal.
                  I believe this implementation will help the user to reduce the time and effort for to doing the management operation.

Thank you for your consideration.
                  ------------------------------------------------
                  (in Japanese)
                  AD FS のクレームルールによる制御が一般的であるが、Azure 管理ポータル上でも、レガシー認証クライアントへの制御が行えるよう機能の追加を希望します。
                  この背景としては、利用者の管理負荷軽減を目的としています。

4 votes
                  Vote
                  Sign in
                  Check!
                  (thinking…)
                  Reset
                  or sign in with
                  • facebook
                  • google
                    Password icon
                    Signed in as (Sign out)
                    1 comment  ·  Offers  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                  • Need to know who has used "Add calendar" to add my calendar to their view

ACTION: In the Office 365 Calendar Tile there a tab called "Add calendar" that allows the user to search the directory for a user's calendar. When found it allows that user to add the calendar to their view, if the particular calendar being requested allows this. In this case the calendar being viewed allows the "My Organization" icon to use the "Can view all details" option.

REQUEST and SOLUTION: There should be a feature that allows the owner of the calendar having the "Add calendar" function used to view their calendar, see all the user's names that have done this…

1 vote
                    Vote
                    Sign in
                    Check!
                    (thinking…)
                    Reset
                    or sign in with
                    • facebook
                    • google
                      Password icon
                      Signed in as (Sign out)
                    • I can see the total fee is $3948.23 but what are the breakdowns for sponsorship subscriptions. i need the billing details with resources ID

I can see the total fee is $3948.23 but what are the breakdowns for sponsorship subscriptions. i need the billing details with resources ID

1 vote
                      Vote
                      Sign in
                      Check!
                      (thinking…)
                      Reset
                      or sign in with
                      • facebook
                      • google
                        Password icon
                        Signed in as (Sign out)
                      • Given how their billing model is quite a bit different than most Azure services, I would advise updating documentation (including this artic

I would advise updating this article to call out how Azure Certificates are billed at an annual rate instead of an hourly/monthly rate.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/cloud-services/cloud-services-certs-create

It is so different than other services, that users (myself included) could easily fall into a trap of a relatively large bill while trying to test out the service.

1 vote
                        Vote
                        Sign in
                        Check!
                        (thinking…)
                        Reset
                        or sign in with
                        • facebook
                        • google
                          Password icon
                          Signed in as (Sign out)
                          0 comments  ·  Offers  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                        • HTTP error 400. The size of the request headers is too long

BUG: HTTP error 400. The size of the request headers is too long

Azure portal has a bug which ften returns only a blank page with:
                          HTTP error 400. The size of the request headers is too long

The problem seems to be related to a cookies named OpenIdConnect.nonce.* . If I clena them this will work fine till next time...

Thanks,
                          Patrick Marques

7 votes
                          Vote
                          Sign in
                          Check!
                          (thinking…)
                          Reset
                          or sign in with
                          • facebook
                          • google
                            Password icon
                            Signed in as (Sign out)
                          • Invoices for Azure Add-On customers (external services)

Currently, invoices are not prepared for payments of the Azure Add-On customers (external services) (i.e. SendGrid).

This causes problems in our accounting. Could you make them available?

6 votes
                            Vote
                            Sign in
                            Check!
                            (thinking…)
                            Reset
                            or sign in with
                            • facebook
                            • google
                              Password icon
                              Signed in as (Sign out)
                            • Microsoft Azure in Cambodia

Dear MS, Microsoft Azure is new innovation technology that more benefit to new market like Cambodia. I strongly suggestion have in Cambodia

1 vote
                              Vote
                              Sign in
                              Check!
                              (thinking…)
                              Reset
                              or sign in with
                              • facebook
                              • google
                                Password icon
                                Signed in as (Sign out)
                              • Allowed IP addresses for endpoints should have a description/name to make mangement easier

With the old (classic) VMs when you added an allowed inbound/outbound IP address range you could give each range a name/description. This made managing the list of allowed IP addresses much easier without having to maintain this information elsewhere you could see who/what had access.

With the new VMs this has become much harder at the network level as you have to enter a comma delimited list in a single text field.

Can we have the list of endpoints along with descriptions back again please.

3 votes
                                Vote
                                Sign in
                                Check!
                                (thinking…)
                                Reset
                                or sign in with
                                • facebook
                                • google
                                  Password icon
                                  Signed in as (Sign out)
                                • Place entire documentation buttressed with source code examples from github on the MSFT's MSDN & TechNet websites to help w/ function apps?

Place entire documentation buttressed with source code examples from github on the MSFT's MSDN & TechNet websites to help w/ function apps?

1 vote
                                  Vote
                                  Sign in
                                  Check!
                                  (thinking…)
                                  Reset
                                  or sign in with
                                  • facebook
                                  • google
                                    Password icon
                                    Signed in as (Sign out)
                                  • 1 vote
                                    Vote
                                    Sign in
                                    Check!
                                    (thinking…)
                                    Reset
                                    or sign in with
                                    • facebook
                                    • google
                                      Password icon
                                      Signed in as (Sign out)
                                    • OAuth password flow

Document the username/password OAuth2 flow. The documentation at https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/active-directory/develop/active-directory-protocols-oauth-code shows the implicit and authorization code flow but does not contain any information or setup instructions for the username/password flow

1 vote
                                      Vote
                                      Sign in
                                      Check!
                                      (thinking…)
                                      Reset
                                      or sign in with
                                      • facebook
                                      • google
                                        Password icon
                                        Signed in as (Sign out)
                                      • Create the ability to remove or change inherited permissions at the resource group level.

We have a managed service provider and some customers that need a degree of permissions at the subscription level. There are several resource groups that I do not want them to have the same level of access they have at the subscription level. For instance, I would like to remove them from the Azure Automation RG or provide them read level access to our OS image folder.

1 vote
                                        Vote
                                        Sign in
                                        Check!
                                        (thinking…)
                                        Reset
                                        or sign in with
                                        • facebook
                                        • google
                                          Password icon
                                          Signed in as (Sign out)
                                        • add employee number to azure ad atrribute

Make a field in user contact information for Employee Number. This would be a unique identifier.

3 votes
                                          Vote
                                          Sign in
                                          Check!
                                          (thinking…)
                                          Reset
                                          or sign in with
                                          • facebook
                                          • google
                                            Password icon
                                            Signed in as (Sign out)
                                          ← Previous 1 3 4 5 141 142
                                          • Don't see your idea?

(General Feedback)

Feedback and Knowledge Base