(General Feedback)

Do you have an idea or suggestion based on your experience with Azure? We would love to hear it! Please take a few minutes to submit your idea in the one of the forums available on the right or vote up an idea submitted by another Azure customer. All of the feedback you share in these forums will be monitored and reviewed by the Microsoft engineering teams responsible for building Azure.

This forum (General Feedback) is used for any broad feedback related to Azure. If you have feedback on a specific service such as Azure Virtual Machines, Web Apps, or SQL Database, please submit your feedback in one of the forums available on the right.

Remember that this site is only for feature suggestions and ideas!

If you have technical questions or need help with Azure, please try StackOverflow or visit our MSDN forums

I suggest you ...

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Google App Engine is the best in terms of free tier for developers. I am sure Microsoft can afford it but they don't. That is too bad.

Google App Engine is the best in terms of free tier for developers. I am sure Microsoft can afford it but they don't. That is too bad. They will likely lose new developers to google.

546 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Microsoft
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    29 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. 142 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    7 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. office 365 group expiration

Within the Office 365 Group Expiration setup there should be a way to set it such that all groups *except* specific ones are subject to the expiration setting. As it stands now it's the other way around; all groups or only the selected ones. In an environment where users are permitted to created their own groups (something I was told even Microsoft allows) you really need the expiration feature enabled by default. But there are certainly use cases where as an admin you will want specific groups exempted from this setting.

115 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Allow running headless Chrome (or other browser) in Function apps or Web apps

Basically it's this:
    https://cloud.google.com/blog/products/gcp/introducing-headless-chrome-support-in-cloud-functions-and-app-engine

Now obviously Google has a bit of an advantage here what with Chrome being their own tech but there are so many blogs out there with people talking about complicated Docker solutions just to run headless Chrome in the cloud.

It would be great if we could get a solution where we could run Puppeteer in much the same way, or allow web apps to run Chrome without having to be inside Docker and we could manage a pool of Chromes without having to manage Docker as well.

102 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Availability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Better pricing structure for API Management

We currently use 4 instances of APIM for duplicating our environments (Dev/UAT/Pre Prod and Production)

We went with APIM as a solution for fronting some azure services and some internal services. Due to the VPN access only being available on Premium we are paying for over 32 Millions calls a day when we will barely generate a 1 Million. So we have 4 Premium APIM instances costing us £6000 a month purely for the VPN access. Forcing us to pay for a level we do not require just for a feature of the environment, it would be better if the…

78 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    13 comments  ·  Offers  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Azure Active Directory B2C: Don't charge for token refresh

Azure AD B2C is great and the pricing too, except for the fact, that token refreshs carried out by the application (as opposed to being carried out by the user) are charged separately. An application that keeps a logical connection to the server while in the background, might carry out quite many token refreshs over time. A regular frequency of one refresh per hour leads to ~700 refreshs per month. Assuming 1.000.000 users, this sums up to ~500.000$/month. This exceeds the capacity of start-ups like ours by a factor of 1000 (!). Although AD B2C would be the perfect fit…

76 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Offers  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. The limit of tag count for a resource is too small

The limit of tag count for a resource is 15, which is too small.
    Is it possible to increase the value?

66 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Make DomainDNSName,NetbiosName & Samaccountname attributes avaialble to public to use AAD Join without AAD Connect

We use okta for synchronizing accounts to Azure AD.

We plan to use AAD Join for our windows10 devices, it works well with AAD Connect(As AAD Connect synchronizes attributes DomainDNSName, NetBIOS name & Onpremisesamaccoutnanme)

Okta could not update these attributes, I want to find a way to update the attributes(by using PowerShell or GraphAPI?).

And also would like to know if there is any possibility to sync MSDS-Keycredentiallink attribute to on-premise without using AAD Connect so that I can use windows hello.

65 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  azure.microsoft.com  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. storage stamp option

Provide the option to define storage accounts to use the same of different storage stamps. we have scenarios where the ability to define same or different stamps make an huge impact in the end result.

52 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    4 comments  ·  Availability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Add SQL Database & Data Warehouse as trusted Microsoft services in Azure Storage firewall settings

When we enable auditing & threat detection on SQLDB or SQLDW, we should be able to set up the firewall setting of Azure Storage. SQLDB & SQLDW is not included in the trusted Microsoft services now.

51 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  azure.microsoft.com  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Allow Static Public IP's on Virtual Network Gateways

Static Public IP's cannot be used with Virtual Network Gateways. This can potentially be very problematic if a Virtual Network Gateway ever needs to be re-created or re-provisioned.

Example: what if we have 30 separate tunnels to a Virtual Network Gateway and it needs to be re-created or re-provisioned? This would result in a new Public IP being provisioned (takes about 30-40 minutes - of downtime!) which would require 30 remote VPN Administrators to be engaged to rebuild their side of the tunnel. This could be easily resolved by allowing Static Public IP's to be associated with Virtual Network Gateways.

50 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Availability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Moving IBM Mainframes to Azure

we need an easy way to lift and **** Mainframes/ AS400 to lift and **** to Azure. instead of replatforming if Microsoft can build a layer which AS 400 or Mainframe apps can run on, can help drive consumption of Azure. Hopefully Microsoft can do it before AWS

50 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  azure.microsoft.com  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Allow custom code references in Application Insights multi-step webtests

Application Insights on Azure lets me upload a .webtest file to monitor application availability. My application is a REST/JSON service, and so my .webtest references a custom ExtractJSONRule derived from the ExtractionRule base class to pick out and check data from the JSON response. I can upload the .webtest file OK, but of course, without the custom C# code for the ExtractJSONRule, it always fails.

Please provide a mechanism to allow .webtest files which reference one or more custom .cs files for custom ExtractionRule and ValidationRule classes.

46 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Expose IP address ranges via API

You can download an XML file of Azure IP address ranges from http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=41653. It's updated weekly.
    It would be nice to be able to access this list via an API so that we could automate any changes required when the Azure's IP address list changes.
    Kind of like what Amazon does: https://aws.amazon.com/blogs/aws/aws-ip-ranges-json/

44 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Harmonize the offer types (CSP/Open/EA/PAYG)

CSP is a great purchasing model for small and medium businesses, but has some serious problems.

1) Migrating between CSP and any other offer is a very laboursome and expensive project (not to mention that many resources cannot be migrated). This can cause Vendor lock-in and some other major risks for customers using CSP. Currently even PAYG to CSP is not easy.

2) CSP customers are unequal to other Azure users despite the fact that they pay the same or sometimes even more, because they do not have the same services available to them.

3) CSP resellers have to put…

44 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Offers  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. For Virtual machines, allow configurable outbound TCP timeout.

Currently you can only configure the inbound tcp timout. The default outbound timeout for TCP connections is 4 minutes and is non configurable/by design. It's important that users have the ability to change this, perhaps up to a value of 30 which is similar to the inbound properties.

42 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Allow NSG for VPN Gateway Subnet

We want to connect several devices with our Azure VNET via the VPN Gateway. Therefore the VPN Gateway is configured for P2S connections.

We want to restrict the devices so that they can only communicate with certain other devices.

To implement this functionality we need to assign the VPN Gateway subnet a NSG. Furthermore this NSG should be dynamic, because the IPs provided by the VPN Gateway to its clients clould not be predetermined.

Currently NSGs are not supported for VPN Gateway subnets as well as there is no way to control IP allocation for connecting devices.

42 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Enable CSP Partners to offer Visual Studio Cloud Subscriptions through the scheme

Enable CSP to be used to fund the Visual Studio Cloud Subscriptions.

40 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Offers  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Azure Sql Import Bacpac slow

We are testing a production database migration to Azure SQL. The database is 50GB and even on the S3 tier we are going on 30 hours still and the import isn't complete (pegged at 100% DTU). At this point I couldn't even tell you when this will finish. I understand I could have chosen the highest premium tier to import this and it might have been quicker, however I only want to test this database and right now I've lost 3-4 days on this (importing at S0, S1 tiers). My suggestion is to allow an option when going through the…

39 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  azure.microsoft.com  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Allow Azure Resource Move for Virtual Machines with Managed Disks

The idea is simple. Please allow Azure Resource Move for Virtual Machines with Managed Disks attached.

39 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Availability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
← Previous 1 3 4 5 173 174
  • Don't see your idea?

(General Feedback)

Feedback and Knowledge Base