(General Feedback)

Do you have an idea or suggestion based on your experience with Azure? We would love to hear it! Please take a few minutes to submit your idea in the one of the forums available on the right or vote up an idea submitted by another Azure customer. All of the feedback you share in these forums will be monitored and reviewed by the Microsoft engineering teams responsible for building Azure.

This forum (General Feedback) is used for any broad feedback related to Azure. If you have feedback on a specific service such as Azure Virtual Machines, Web Apps, or SQL Database, please submit your feedback in one of the forums available on the right.

Remember that this site is only for feature suggestions and ideas!

If you have technical questions or need help with Azure, please try StackOverflow or visit our MSDN forums

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Google App Engine is the best in terms of free tier for developers. I am sure Microsoft can afford it but they don't. That is too bad.

Google App Engine is the best in terms of free tier for developers. I am sure Microsoft can afford it but they don't. That is too bad. They will likely lose new developers to google.

611 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Microsoft
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    36 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Azure MFA needs anti-phishing features such as include location details and notification to users about new devices

Users can sometimes approve MFA notifications on their device because they do not know whether it is their device authenticating or a hacker who has phished their credentials. Therefore, to help users know why they are being asked to accept authentication include additional details such as the application name, IP address and location in the MFA prompt. Apple includes the location and a map of the location in their own two-factor implementation.

Additionally, users should be notified with an email any time a new device is used to authenticate to their account.

103 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  azure.microsoft.com  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Make DomainDNSName,NetbiosName & Samaccountname attributes avaialble to public to use AAD Join without AAD Connect

We use okta for synchronizing accounts to Azure AD.

We plan to use AAD Join for our windows10 devices, it works well with AAD Connect(As AAD Connect synchronizes attributes DomainDNSName, NetBIOS name & Onpremisesamaccoutnanme)

Okta could not update these attributes, I want to find a way to update the attributes(by using PowerShell or GraphAPI?).

And also would like to know if there is any possibility to sync MSDS-Keycredentiallink attribute to on-premise without using AAD Connect so that I can use windows hello.

80 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  azure.microsoft.com  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Moving IBM Mainframes to Azure

we need an easy way to lift and **** Mainframes/ AS400 to lift and **** to Azure. instead of replatforming if Microsoft can build a layer which AS 400 or Mainframe apps can run on, can help drive consumption of Azure. Hopefully Microsoft can do it before AWS

65 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  azure.microsoft.com  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. For each resource creation save the date and the user

Usually when you create a resource you do not know when was created and by whom, the information in logs is available only for a determined period of time and then lost, that is something that will be very helpful to include in the Overview section.

65 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. RBAC Role for Reserved Instance creation WITHOUT Owner role on the Subscription

RBAC role created so a group can be added for the single purpose of Reserved Instance creation, without keys to the kingdom (Owner rights). Capacity and Procurement would not need such keys as they would only be creating RI’s, following Least Privilege Access.

63 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  azure.microsoft.com  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Allow custom code references in Application Insights multi-step webtests

Application Insights on Azure lets me upload a .webtest file to monitor application availability. My application is a REST/JSON service, and so my .webtest references a custom ExtractJSONRule derived from the ExtractionRule base class to pick out and check data from the JSON response. I can upload the .webtest file OK, but of course, without the custom C# code for the ExtractJSONRule, it always fails.

Please provide a mechanism to allow .webtest files which reference one or more custom .cs files for custom ExtractionRule and ValidationRule classes.

57 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Harmonize the offer types (CSP/Open/EA/PAYG)

CSP is a great purchasing model for small and medium businesses, but has some serious problems.

1) Migrating between CSP and any other offer is a very laboursome and expensive project (not to mention that many resources cannot be migrated). This can cause Vendor lock-in and some other major risks for customers using CSP. Currently even PAYG to CSP is not easy.

2) CSP customers are unequal to other Azure users despite the fact that they pay the same or sometimes even more, because they do not have the same services available to them.

3) CSP resellers have to put…

56 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Offers  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Azure's status board availability

The Microsoft Azure status board should live outside Azure's ecosystem just because when there is a problem with some Azure´s service, the Microsoft Azure status page may not be available for the same issue.

53 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Availability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    planned  ·  Guy Burstein responded

Thanks for the feedback. We are working on a fallback site for Azure Status for scenarios of Azure outages.

10. For Virtual machines, allow configurable outbound TCP timeout.

Currently you can only configure the inbound tcp timout. The default outbound timeout for TCP connections is 4 minutes and is non configurable/by design. It's important that users have the ability to change this, perhaps up to a value of 30 which is similar to the inbound properties.

52 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Allow Password Policies to be set at the Group Level

Allow Password Policies to be set at the Group Level instead of only at the domain level.

Example: Our default password expiration is 90 days, but we have a group that requires their passwords to be reset every 60 days.

This is not currently possible.

50 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  azure.microsoft.com  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Allow Azure Resource Move for Virtual Machines with Managed Disks

The idea is simple. Please allow Azure Resource Move for Virtual Machines with Managed Disks attached.

50 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Availability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. EA Portal - Enable Conditional Based Access

We have enabled Conditional Based Access on the "Microsoft Azure Management" application in Azure AD. We are using this to enforce Multi-Factor Authentication on all logins to the Azure Portal.

This applies to the new & classic azure portals, but not the EA portal.

We should also be able to protect the EA Portal (https://ea.azure.com) with MFA.

Can this either be included in the "Microsoft Azure Management" application defined in Azure AD? Or alternatively another Cloud App should be defined in Azure AD for the EA Portal.

44 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Create the ability to remove or change inherited permissions at the resource group level.

We have a managed service provider and some customers that need a degree of permissions at the subscription level. There are several resource groups that I do not want them to have the same level of access they have at the subscription level. For instance, I would like to remove them from the Azure Automation RG or provide them read level access to our OS image folder.

44 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Enterprise Applications Search Improvement

We are unable to use the Enterprise Applications blade to find our applications. The interface only lists the first 20 applications. You cannot even download a list of them. In order to search for one on the list you have to know what letters the application name starts with. You cannot do partial search on part of the name, you must start with the first name. This is a HUGE problem if we forgot the name of an application.

For example. We created an Application called Ameris Webex. It is not listed in the first 20 applications, therefore we have…

43 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    4 comments  ·  azure.microsoft.com  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Azure Sql Import Bacpac slow

We are testing a production database migration to Azure SQL. The database is 50GB and even on the S3 tier we are going on 30 hours still and the import isn't complete (pegged at 100% DTU). At this point I couldn't even tell you when this will finish. I understand I could have chosen the highest premium tier to import this and it might have been quicker, however I only want to test this database and right now I've lost 3-4 days on this (importing at S0, S1 tiers). My suggestion is to allow an option when going through the…

43 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    4 comments  ·  azure.microsoft.com  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. File Sync with Service endpoint/FIrewall enabled Azure file Storage

Currently Azure File sync is not able to sync with a file storage which activates firewall function (and Service endpoint).

Enterprise data often contains secret data. Therefore I need that file sync can be used with file storage which activates firewall function.

42 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Offers  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Enable CSP Partners to offer Visual Studio Cloud Subscriptions through the scheme

Enable CSP to be used to fund the Visual Studio Cloud Subscriptions.

41 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Offers  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. RateCard metadata with their spec information

I want to get RateCard meter metadata with their spec information (e.g. size, memory, cores...). Because I have to provide that data to our finance department.
    I can get the spec information of VMs by Get-AzureRmVMSize API, but they do not have MeterId, so can not associate with RateCard meter metadata.
    And I also want to get them about SQL Database, Redis Cache, and App Service. But they do not have API which can get their spec information in the first place.
    I think it is very useful if can get meter metadata with their spec information by RateCard API.

39 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Availability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Application gateway should have the capability to store certificate in Azure Key Vault

Currently Application gateway does not store certificate in Azure Key Vault. We believe that Application gateway should have the capability to do that. This will give customer more control over their certificate than saving it in Microsofts encrypted storage.

39 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
← Previous 1 3 4 5 169 170
  • Don't see your idea?

(General Feedback)

Categories