(General Feedback)

Do you have an idea or suggestion based on your experience with Azure? We would love to hear it! Please take a few minutes to submit your idea in the one of the forums available on the right or vote up an idea submitted by another Azure customer. All of the feedback you share in these forums will be monitored and reviewed by the Microsoft engineering teams responsible for building Azure.

This forum (General Feedback) is used for any broad feedback related to Azure. If you have feedback on a specific service such as Azure Virtual Machines, Web Apps, or SQL Database, please submit your feedback in one of the forums available on the right.

Remember that this site is only for feature suggestions and ideas!

If you have technical questions or need help with Azure, please try StackOverflow or visit our MSDN forums

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Azure AD Conditional Access IPv6 Support

Currently, Azure does not support mapping most IPv6 addresses to a geolocation. We need this implemented for our conditional access policies to block sign in from foreign countries. This is a huge issue because bad actors can completely bypass our geolocation blocks simply by using an IPv6 address. Microsoft CAS supports IPv6 location mapping, when will Azure support it? Since CAS leverages Azure for conditional access, the misalignment of features creates a hole in Microsoft's security solutions. Please provide a time window for Azure AD IPv6 location support.

142 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Microsoft
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    8 comments  ·  Availability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Customized Application ID

Azure Application ID

Hi Team,

I would like to have a customizable application ID for registered applications in Azure Portal. Instead of system generated GUID, we can use our naming convention to simply things on our end and help our customers (internal application teams) to tagged it easily on their end.

Another benefit for us is with the clean-up. It automatically help us identify who owns the application id.

94 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    5 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Azure Ad

Trying to stop users from having a global admin with O365 and Azure AD. therefore I have started creating a security group to assign members to these groups and L1 and L2 Support can add any members to these group with the on-premise AD.

However the question is here, When I created a security Group and triying to assign the Role within the Azure AD so users can inherit the role by this security group, and I have raised this Microsoft support and advised me that this feature is not available at this time, however fi I raise this concern,then…

77 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    5 comments  ·  azure.microsoft.com  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Better memory per core ratio for Azure SQL

Provide more options for a better memory to CPU core ratio. I thought the 7GB/vCore for Gen4 was low, but Gen5 has an even lower ratio at 5GB/vCore. When I drop $1000/vCore/month on a SQL Server, I expect it to have more than 7GB/vCore.

72 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Make Azure available in Haiti

Microsoft Azure should be available for developers and businesses in Haiti. This country lack of a power supply system you can rely on for business, so the cloud is our best options. Please consider adding Haiti in the list of supported countries while signing up for Microsoft Azure.

67 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  11 comments  ·  Availability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Provide a Conditional Access option to choose whether or not to allow PRT to satisfy an MFA requirement.

Our position is that having MFA satisfied by claim via PRT and TPM creates CA Policy loophole.
    When a device is hybrid joined to Azure AD and the TPM sensor has been enabled, the PRT is able to satisfy the MFA request from a Conditional Access rule. This creates a vulnerability as it bypasses the CA rules that are configured to intentionally and explicitly require MFA. An example of this is where a user has a laptop and has previously signed in successfully. If the valid user’s session were to become compromised, an attacker could operate within the trusted profile…

58 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    4 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Automatic Visio Diagrams

The ability to automatically generate basic Visio Diagrams based on the resources deployed within a Resource Group.

Maybe some options to have server diagrams, network diagrams, storage diagrams, etc.

55 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Easy invoice management (especially for many subscriptions)

It would be nice to have one list of all invoices. It is important especially in case where there are many subscriptions within one account.
    And this list should have invoice title on it, now there are only dates.
    Now it is very hard to find invoice using invoice title (using bank statement)

51 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi there,

This is one of the many improvements our development team is hoping to include in future iterations of our product. I can’t guarantee that we have the resources to get this done any time soon, but it definitely should be in the pipeline.

-Adam (Azure Billing Team)

9. Unlock the features for students.

I was excited to see Azure offered free to students via Dreamspark, but no SQL, VM, etc??? 9 out of 10 features are locked to the student license. I understand restrictions, but why does Microsoft even offer Azure to students if they aren't going to let them use it for the best Azure features.

Please drop the restrictions on student accounts. It will help Microsoft in the long run...students are not running businesses with these products while in school, but they might when they graduate.

Thanks,

Nick

51 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    7 comments  ·  Availability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Enable CSP Partners to offer Visual Studio Cloud Subscriptions through the scheme

Enable CSP to be used to fund the Visual Studio Cloud Subscriptions.

45 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Offers  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Azure Synapse notebooks parameters/arguments

In order to build dynamic pipelines we need to be able to assign parameters/arguments to notebooks. These parameters should be set in the pipelines and passed as arguments to the notebook during the pipeline execution, just like it already exists to execute Databricks notebooks with parameters.

45 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Enable Oauthentication 2.0 on Power Automate Service Now Connector

The Service Now Connector only support Basic Authentication.
    In our company the Infosec team do not allow any connection with Basic Auth.
    For that reason is very important enable another authentication method

45 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    7 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Myanmar (Burma) is not listed in Azure available countries... Is there any alternative way to use from Myanmar, please? Many Thanks

If the payment are not continence, please let us pay by Singapore/India/Thailand or China payment and let us use Azure in Myanmar (Burma). Many thanks.

44 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Empower AIP Log Analytics Database

I know Azure Information Protection has an analytics system named Central Reporting.

When third party customer or undesired user has accessed to protected document, InformationProtectionCL has no information on the label name and the original file name. But I understand that activity log has these information.
    InformationProtection
    CL table can be used in sentinel or any other solution, so I appreciate if this proposal considered.

43 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Offers  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Simplify Private Endpoint DNS resolution from on-premises

Currently to access a storage account with private endpoints, one must do the following to achieve a simple DNS resolution from on-premise machines (across VPN/ExpressRoute):

1. Create DNS proxy VMs to forward DNS traffic to Azure DNS server 168.63.129.16

2. Setup DNS forwarding on on-prem DNS to forward traffic to the DNS proxy VM in step #1.

3. Azure DNS entries will have to be manually updated if any Private Endpoint is changed/removed/re-created.

A workaround is to simply create a hosts file entry for the storage account name on the local on-premise machine, but this does not work well with Azure Storage Explorer,…

42 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  azure.microsoft.com  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Moving countries shouldn't mean creating a new account

I recently moved from Belgium to the Netherlands. I changed banks and therefore credit cards at the same time.
    To be able to use my NL credit card I have to close my existing Azure account and create a new one with a different email address just so I can use my NL card. Short sighted. Inefficient. Unfriendly to non-US based customers who never leave the US.

40 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. - ELK Cluster stack configure on within own VNET

Would like to see the feature for implementing Elasticsearch (ELK) cluster stack on our own Virtual network as PaaS component like HDinsight service

39 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Allow adding new subsciption to an Azure account using PowerShell

Add new Cmdlets Add-Subscription, Delete-Subscription, etc. so that we can automate the creation of subscriptions in an existing Azure account.

39 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. support multiple values for the same key when tagging. If i want to allocate multiple departments while tagging i should be able to do that.

Currently AzureRM tagging only supports one value for one key. This means if i want to tag multiple departments to one resource it is incapable of handling it.

39 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  azure.microsoft.com  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Azure student access should also be provided by a valid student if card

Hello I’m an undergrad student from India and I’m really interested in working on the Azure so I’d like to bring to your attention that the problem with Indian universities is very few universities issue student email ids so I’d like to request that you’ll give and other students in India by checking our university ID card or marksheets because a lot of other companies and have softwares have given me student access by providing my ID card

36 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Azure Learning Path  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
← Previous 1 3 4 5 236 237
  • Don't see your idea?

(General Feedback)

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base