(General Feedback)

Do you have an idea or suggestion based on your experience with Azure? We would love to hear it! Please take a few minutes to submit your idea in the one of the forums available on the right or vote up an idea submitted by another Azure customer. All of the feedback you share in these forums will be monitored and reviewed by the Microsoft engineering teams responsible for building Azure.

This forum (General Feedback) is used for any broad feedback related to Azure. If you have feedback on a specific service such as Azure Virtual Machines, Web Apps, or SQL Database, please submit your feedback in one of the forums available on the right.

Remember that this site is only for feature suggestions and ideas!

If you have technical questions or need help with Azure, please try StackOverflow or visit our MSDN forums

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Make Azure available in Haiti

Microsoft Azure should be available for developers and businesses in Haiti. This country lack of a power supply system you can rely on for business, so the cloud is our best options. Please consider adding Haiti in the list of supported countries while signing up for Microsoft Azure.

52 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Microsoft
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    under review  ·  4 comments  ·  Availability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Need function for checking the allocate/deallocate status for Azure Firewall

In my understanding, Azure Firewall could be deallocated or allocated via PowerShell.

How can I stop and start Azure Firewall?
    https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/firewall/firewall-faq#how-can-i-stop-and-start-azure-firewall

But it is not able to check the status for allocate/deallocate via PowerShell or Azure Portal.

If it could check the status for it, it will be more useful.

46 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Availability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Enable CSP Partners to offer Visual Studio Cloud Subscriptions through the scheme

Enable CSP to be used to fund the Visual Studio Cloud Subscriptions.

42 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    4 comments  ·  Offers  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. RateCard metadata with their spec information

I want to get RateCard meter metadata with their spec information (e.g. size, memory, cores...). Because I have to provide that data to our finance department.
    I can get the spec information of VMs by Get-AzureRmVMSize API, but they do not have MeterId, so can not associate with RateCard meter metadata.
    And I also want to get them about SQL Database, Redis Cache, and App Service. But they do not have API which can get their spec information in the first place.
    I think it is very useful if can get meter metadata with their spec information by RateCard API.

41 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    5 comments  ·  Availability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Easy invoice management (especially for many subscriptions)

It would be nice to have one list of all invoices. It is important especially in case where there are many subscriptions within one account.
    And this list should have invoice title on it, now there are only dates.
    Now it is very hard to find invoice using invoice title (using bank statement)

40 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi there,

This is one of the many improvements our development team is hoping to include in future iterations of our product. I can’t guarantee that we have the resources to get this done any time soon, but it definitely should be in the pipeline.

-Adam (Azure Billing Team)

6. - ELK Cluster stack configure on within own VNET

Would like to see the feature for implementing Elasticsearch (ELK) cluster stack on our own Virtual network as PaaS component like HDinsight service

37 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Availability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Myanmar (Burma) is not listed in Azure available countries... Is there any alternative way to use from Myanmar, please? Many Thanks

If the payment are not continence, please let us pay by Singapore/India/Thailand or China payment and let us use Azure in Myanmar (Burma). Many thanks.

37 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Availability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Moving countries shouldn't mean creating a new account

I recently moved from Belgium to the Netherlands. I changed banks and therefore credit cards at the same time.
    To be able to use my NL credit card I have to close my existing Azure account and create a new one with a different email address just so I can use my NL card. Short sighted. Inefficient. Unfriendly to non-US based customers who never leave the US.

36 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    4 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Allow adding new subsciption to an Azure account using PowerShell

Add new Cmdlets Add-Subscription, Delete-Subscription, etc. so that we can automate the creation of subscriptions in an existing Azure account.

36 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Unlock the features for students.

I was excited to see Azure offered free to students via Dreamspark, but no SQL, VM, etc??? 9 out of 10 features are locked to the student license. I understand restrictions, but why does Microsoft even offer Azure to students if they aren't going to let them use it for the best Azure features.

Please drop the restrictions on student accounts. It will help Microsoft in the long run...students are not running businesses with these products while in school, but they might when they graduate.

Thanks,

Nick

36 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Availability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Enable Oauthentication 2.0 on Power Automate Service Now Connector

The Service Now Connector only support Basic Authentication.
    In our company the Infosec team do not allow any connection with Basic Auth.
    For that reason is very important enable another authentication method

36 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. When moving a resource

When moving a resource (or resource group) to a new subscription.
    ask for real movement after the validation, this would enable a dry test upfront for planning

34 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. support multiple values for the same key when tagging. If i want to allocate multiple departments while tagging i should be able to do that.

Currently AzureRM tagging only supports one value for one key. This means if i want to tag multiple departments to one resource it is incapable of handling it.

34 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  azure.microsoft.com  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Implement Password Writeback healthy support through MPN Portal

I would like to inquire about an issue in the CSP portal.
    For an end customer with the Self Service and Password Write Back feature enabled in Azure AD, the correct helathy status is being showed up as working,, this is only being displayed when the tenant is accessed directly through the Azure Portal (portal.azure.com), form the end user perspective.
    If the customer environment is accessed from the partner portal, the same features are being showed as "not working".

This will undoubtedly cause issues for engineers that are trying to essentially fix an issue that is not really broken.
    And…

32 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Automatic Visio Diagrams

The ability to automatically generate basic Visio Diagrams based on the resources deployed within a Resource Group.

Maybe some options to have server diagrams, network diagrams, storage diagrams, etc.

31 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Allow granular management access of AAD groups by service principals

We have a scenario where we would like to use automation to manage membership of an AAD group.

We assign group owner permissions to the service principal. However, operations against that group (using Powershell cmdlets like Add-AzureAdGroupMember) fail with a 403 Forbidden.

We cannot grant Directory.ReadWrite permissions to the AAD application, because that would allow write permissions on the entire AAD directory, not just the group that the AAD application owns.

According to Azure support, the scenario where I would like my service principal to manage groups that it owns is not currently possible. Can we make it possible?

30 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  azure.microsoft.com  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Support using Azure SignalR in ASP.NET (OWIN)

Azure SignalR SDK only runs on ASP.NET Core, which is a blocker for lots of companies / existing projects.

Please also support ASP.NET (OWIN runtime).

30 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Outstanding Payment

Need Payment history and total outstanding per subscription.

As a subscriber I can only see invoices at azure, but there is no payment history which tells me how and when azure has captured this payment.

It is our legal right to see the payments captured by AZURE. Tomorrow AZURE go and capture another payment from my card how I will reconcile which payment is for what.

If you are taking payment then you must show somewhere that we have captured this payment via this way against this invoice or for this purpose.

Also there is no way I can see…

29 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  azure.microsoft.com  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. 29 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    8 comments  ·  Offers  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. rewrite the Azure CLI in Golang.

I tweeted about this somewhat jokingly and @AzureSupport directed me here. I imagine you plan on supporting and maintaining the Azure CLI for at least the next decade, and I can virtually guarantee that the total cost of doing so will be less if you rewrite in Go now. It will also be faster, easier to install, and generally provide a better experience for your users and developers. You've got some avid gophers at MSFT like Brian Ketelsen, Ashley McNamara, Jess Frazelle, etc. Ask them what they think!

29 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
← Previous 1 3 4 5 214 215
  • Don't see your idea?

(General Feedback)

Categories