(General Feedback)

Do you have an idea or suggestion based on your experience with Azure? We would love to hear it! Please take a few minutes to submit your idea in the one of the forums available on the right or vote up an idea submitted by another Azure customer. All of the feedback you share in these forums will be monitored and reviewed by the Microsoft engineering teams responsible for building Azure.

This forum (General Feedback) is used for any broad feedback related to Azure. If you have feedback on a specific service such as Azure Virtual Machines, Web Apps, or SQL Database, please submit your feedback in one of the forums available on the right.

Remember that this site is only for feature suggestions and ideas!

If you have technical questions or need help with Azure, please try StackOverflow or visit our MSDN forums

I suggest you ...

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. rbac permissions list API

Hi
    Possibility to bring API to list the latest IAM RBAC permissions for each service to associate / update existing custom roles in azure ?

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      You have left! (?) (thinking…)
      0 comments  ·  azure.microsoft.com  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    • Metrics

Some screens in the portal don't have direct URL access.

For example:
      Metrics per Instance (App Service plan)
      Which can now only be accessed via:
      - App Service
      - Diagnose and solve problems
      - Metrics per Instance (App Service Plan)

A direct URL accesses means I can bookmark it, as I want to maintain a "toolbelt" bookmarks folder for DevOps aspects of my app.

Can you please provide direct URL for these resources?

1 vote
      Vote
      Sign in
      Check!
      (thinking…)
      Reset
      or sign in with
      • facebook
      • google
        Password icon
        Signed in as (Sign out)
      • 1 vote
        Vote
        Sign in
        Check!
        (thinking…)
        Reset
        or sign in with
        • facebook
        • google
          Password icon
          Signed in as (Sign out)
        • Add Arduino libraries for ESP32 for connection to Azure IoT

I can not find Arduino libraries to connect with the Azure IoT platform, with the ESP32. Normally there are Arduino libraries for ESP8266, for ESP32 there is little information. Thank you.

1 vote
          Vote
          Sign in
          Check!
          (thinking…)
          Reset
          or sign in with
          • facebook
          • google
            Password icon
            Signed in as (Sign out)
            0 comments  ·  Availability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
          • Add libraries for ESP32 for connection to Azure IoT

I can not find libraries to connect with the Azure IoT platform, with the ESP32. Normally there are libraries for ESP8266, for ESP32 there is little information. Thank you.

1 vote
            Vote
            Sign in
            Check!
            (thinking…)
            Reset
            or sign in with
            • facebook
            • google
              Password icon
              Signed in as (Sign out)
            • Add a tile for a list of VM's with planned maintenance to the dashboard

Add a tile for a list of VM's with planned maintenance coming up to the dashboard in the Azure Portal

1 vote
              Vote
              Sign in
              Check!
              (thinking…)
              Reset
              or sign in with
              • facebook
              • google
                Password icon
                Signed in as (Sign out)
              • Update Hyperlink

On this link https://azure.microsoft.com/en-us/marketplace/faq/ , Question :
                Is there a support forum for Azure Marketplace?
                There is an Azure Marketplace forum and it can be found here.

"here" is not Hyperlinked.

1 vote
                Vote
                Sign in
                Check!
                (thinking…)
                Reset
                or sign in with
                • facebook
                • google
                  Password icon
                  Signed in as (Sign out)
                • total and regional and vCPU

The total regional vCPUs should be increased similar way as for each individual SKUs via the Usage + quotas page.
                  As total regional VCPUs is not the sum of each individual quotas, its increase is a separate request.

1 vote
                  Vote
                  Sign in
                  Check!
                  (thinking…)
                  Reset
                  or sign in with
                  • facebook
                  • google
                    Password icon
                    Signed in as (Sign out)
                    0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                  • private DNS Zone for backend service

Hi,

We are deploying backend on some VMs and those are behind internal load balancer.
                    How should I configure internal DNS for this load balancer so that frontend service vms or apps will use it for communication?

1 vote
                    Vote
                    Sign in
                    Check!
                    (thinking…)
                    Reset
                    or sign in with
                    • facebook
                    • google
                      Password icon
                      Signed in as (Sign out)
                    • Azure AD Application Manifest - Resource type declarations

Azure AD application manifests offers a fantastic mechanism for ISV"s/Multitenant SaaS providers to provide a transparent declaration of roles. Most customer's when they hear of the capabilities of the Application manifest like this transparency and like this feature.

However, it falls short as the role declarations do not permit for Resource based declarations by the consumers of the services.
                      A role could define the entity types for the resource along with the data type - A role could be defined with specific accesses to resources and assigned to user's - all inside Azure AD.

This is a feature which would…

1 vote
                      Vote
                      Sign in
                      Check!
                      (thinking…)
                      Reset
                      or sign in with
                      • facebook
                      • google
                        Password icon
                        Signed in as (Sign out)
                      • Allow NSG for VPN Gateway Subnet

We want to connect several devices with our Azure VNET via the VPN Gateway. Therefore the VPN Gateway is configured for P2S connections.

We want to restrict the devices so that they can only communicate with certain other devices.

To implement this functionality we need to assign the VPN Gateway subnet a NSG. Furthermore this NSG should be dynamic, because the IPs provided by the VPN Gateway to its clients clould not be predetermined.

Currently NSGs are not supported for VPN Gateway subnets as well as there is no way to control IP allocation for connecting devices.

12 votes
                        Vote
                        Sign in
                        Check!
                        (thinking…)
                        Reset
                        or sign in with
                        • facebook
                        • google
                          Password icon
                          Signed in as (Sign out)
                        • Automate domain replacement in Azure Storage Explorer link generator

Azure Storage Explorer comes with a default URL generator for all files - http(s)://<storage account>.blob.core.windows.net/<container>/<file name>.

The application also allows you to bind a custom URL to the service that takes the place of the "<storage account>.blob.core.windows.net/" section of the URL, making it http(s)://<custom domain>/<container>/<file name>.

It would be super helpful to be able to be able to update the settings to indicate a custom domain is being used so that the "Copy URL" function replaced the root domain for you.

Currently the advice received from MS is to manually replace the indicated URL segment manually, every time Storage Explorer…

6 votes
                          Vote
                          Sign in
                          Check!
                          (thinking…)
                          Reset
                          or sign in with
                          • facebook
                          • google
                            Password icon
                            Signed in as (Sign out)
                          • Make the new Fv2-Series instance types available in Australia

The new Fv2 compute-optimised instance types are great, but they aren't available in Australia, and we have clients that require their data to not leave the country. This means we have to use Google or AWS instances when we need >16 CPUs for these customers.

3 votes
                            Vote
                            Sign in
                            Check!
                            (thinking…)
                            Reset
                            or sign in with
                            • facebook
                            • google
                              Password icon
                              Signed in as (Sign out)
                            • Provide Reverse DNS (PTR records) for all Public IP Addresses

Azure has thousands of public IP addresses which do not have PTR records. Consider adding a PTR record for all IP addresses Microsoft owns, whether or not it is allocated to a customer or service. When naming the PTR domain, consider following a naming convention that makes it easy to determine the region/datacenter it has been allocated to (e.g. US West vs US East vs Singapore), to which services it's been allocated (Yammer, SharePoint, Key Vault, Monitoring, SQL Server, OMS, HDI). This would allow firewalls, intrusion detection and prevention systems, and others to determine that an IP address belongs to…

3 votes
                              Vote
                              Sign in
                              Check!
                              (thinking…)
                              Reset
                              or sign in with
                              • facebook
                              • google
                                Password icon
                                Signed in as (Sign out)
                              • Create a New Azure Hub or Azure Cloud Infrastructure Lab in South Africa

Boost Economic growth and improve Social well-being for all Citizens from all cultures, religions, color or social economic standing. Make learning Technology fun, and interesting for our youth of this social economic divided South Africa.
                                This type of Project can bring forth the healing of old historical events and improve understanding of different cultural belief, opinion and interests.
                                Too help our children to think like entrepreneurs from a young age, so that each one can have the opportunity to create a startup biz and be more creative, innovative and independent.

1 vote
                                Vote
                                Sign in
                                Check!
                                (thinking…)
                                Reset
                                or sign in with
                                • facebook
                                • google
                                  Password icon
                                  Signed in as (Sign out)
                                • Highlight Application Gateway WAF rules in different risk levels

IMHO, Azure should provide some guidelines on WAF rule configurations.
                                  At least highlight the most important rules which we must turn on, so we can feel a bit safe when we have to turn off some non-important rules.
                                  For example:
                                  Rule 1,2,3 -- High risk; must turn on; when violated, do #a/b/c on your app to get compliant;
                                  Ruel 4,5,6 – Medium risk; recommend to turn on, do #e/f/g app to get compliant;
                                  Rule 7,8,9 – low risk; can be turned off.

P.S. It is kind of heavy for us to study all the rules https://github.com/SpiderLabs/owasp-modsecurity-crs/tree/v3.0/master/rules;

1 vote
                                  Vote
                                  Sign in
                                  Check!
                                  (thinking…)
                                  Reset
                                  or sign in with
                                  • facebook
                                  • google
                                    Password icon
                                    Signed in as (Sign out)
                                  • Demasiadas ventas, firewall algo dificil de entender

autotranslate.

I did not find where to send feedback privately, I hope they can forward it to where it belongs.

The azure service was the last one I tried, before it was amazon, google and digital ocean in terms of service instances in the cloud.

Literally, it was the most difficult to configure, many windows, many options, I'm using an old PC if, but anyway on a larger screen I would have felt uncomfortable anyway with the windows style.

With choosing the location it was already an odyssey, they should put the ones that are allowed in the free option…

1 vote
                                    Vote
                                    Sign in
                                    Check!
                                    (thinking…)
                                    Reset
                                    or sign in with
                                    • facebook
                                    • google
                                      Password icon
                                      Signed in as (Sign out)
                                    • Additional Azure Monitor metric - RAM/Memory resource

Considering there are various CPU, Network and Disk metrics available, could we also have "RAM/Memory % utilization" please?

19 votes
                                      Vote
                                      Sign in
                                      Check!
                                      (thinking…)
                                      Reset
                                      or sign in with
                                      • facebook
                                      • google
                                        Password icon
                                        Signed in as (Sign out)
                                        4 comments  ·  azure.microsoft.com  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                                      • free account

I've already a account at azure, but not free. I using it to learn more about azure. Can I change this account into a free acount?

Normal I buy SQL Server Developer edition for about 75 euros and expiment with it, but now I paid hundreds euros for Azure.

Hennie

1 vote
                                        Vote
                                        Sign in
                                        Check!
                                        (thinking…)
                                        Reset
                                        or sign in with
                                        • facebook
                                        • google
                                          Password icon
                                          Signed in as (Sign out)
                                          0 comments  ·  Offers  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                                        • A DNS forwarding option from the classic Xyz.cloudapp.net to the new DNS

Hi,
                                          Classic machines had the Xyz.cloudapp.net
                                          new machines ( Resource manager) has a new DNS address.

we need a way to forward the old DNS address to the new one, those addresses has been published in many places

1 vote
                                          Vote
                                          Sign in
                                          Check!
                                          (thinking…)
                                          Reset
                                          or sign in with
                                          • facebook
                                          • google
                                            Password icon
                                            Signed in as (Sign out)
                                          ← Previous 1 3 4 5 139 140
                                          • Don't see your idea?

(General Feedback)

Feedback and Knowledge Base