How can we improve Microsoft Azure Data Lake?

Release ADL to Canadian region

HDInsight has recently (Feb 2017) been made generally availalble in Canada. Nice to have ADL made available really soon. At least in preview. Any plans to share at this time?

49 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Roy Kim shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

11 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Matt Slater commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Until this becomes available in Canadian regions, we are halted in the deployment of our new solution to our financial services customers. I am echoing the request made previously that some timeline for regional support of ADL (and ADLA) is needed urgently...

• James Weakley commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Next week will be 9 months since ADLS became GA. I'm sure there are reasons, but from the outside it feels like a very slow rollout globally, especially when it was in preview for a whole 2 years prior.

Is there any indication of when the remaining 31 regions will get the service?

• Neil Parker commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Another architect here who is not able to progress with ADL as we cannot specify UK as our location. This causes issues with our security and compliance team around data protection. We would be very interested to see the road map for rollout of ADL ASAP.

• Simon W commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We'd love at least a single Region with ADLS available so we can use it locally.

• Nick Haslam commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Would be great to see this in Europe / UK data centres, especially with the recent announcements around SQL DW.

• Wessel Kranenborg commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I also have serious use cases to use Azure Data Lake but the fact that it is not available in West Europe is blocking me from using this service.

• Rajesh Dadhia commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Michael is correct, we will start expanding into other regions soon. Is SouthCentral region a hard requirement for you?

• Michael Rys commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hi Nick

There is a roadmap to extend ADL into other regions. We expect to start rolling out in some other regions during Spring. I will ask the people responsible, if they can share some details.

• Nick commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Currently Data Lake is only available in East US 2. Is there a roadmap for expansion of Data Lake into other regions?

Feedback and Knowledge Base