Azure IoT

This forum is to get feedback on the new IoT services: Azure IoT Hub and Azure IoT suite. This forum will help the engineering team collect feedback from our customers and users and help us understand and prioritize the roadmap.

1. Provide message isolation at the Event Hub level

Customers would like their Device Data to be physically separate for security reasons. Their Tenants do not want their data to live in the same physical space as another Tenant.

Suggestions:
    Charge a monthly flat fee for IoT Hub usage and let them configure as many backing Event Hubs as they need. They’ll pay for the IoT Hub and then pay for the Event Hub usage on a per message basis.

Implement a routing mechanism that allows Customer to route a message based on a header or other query data in the HTTP message.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Microsoft
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Provide alternate authorization hook mechanism

Customer needs to support Authz at the IoT Hub end point. They need to ensure that the security token is valid, not tampered with and that the Tenant Id in the message is allowed to send data from the associated devices.

Suggestion:
    Support an Authentication mechanism that allows them to inject a module or a function in the pipeline and after or before messages are shredded.

Standing up a protocol gateway for this is not an acceptable workaround because they will need to manage another SF service just for this.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Requesting Azure SDK using .NET can be use by other language too

I have successfully make a pending physical device on IoT Suite to be work by using your guideline which I called "Device Activator". Somehow, I have some important inquiry since I'm not very very familiar with C++ and native C code.

Ok, I have follow another articles for sending data to iot hub which I treat it as a device information sending application using C# Console and the graph is display on mygraph.azure-devices.net. Ok, lets say I want this Native C code to be DLL so I can make another console to enable user to use 1 exe but activate…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

need-feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Overload of ImportDevicesAsync/AddDeviceAsync taking in an IEnumerable<Device> or a local file

Device provisioning API - ImportDevicesAsync takes in a blob file. It will be more convenient if there is an overload of this method which takes in an IEnumerable<Device> or a local file path.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Remove blocking calls from azure c sdk

Remove blocking calls from azure c sdk and wificonfig.

Some blocking function in this libs can block for 20 seconds.

0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. is iot hub clients supported with proxy-based communication on POSReady7?

We have windows 7 embedded os. Iot hub client runs on the win 7 embd posready 7, and makes a call via a proxy Transport type - 4 , // Summary:

//     Message Queuing Telemetry Transport. Try Mqtt over TCP first and fallback to

// Mqtt over WebSocket if that fails
    Mqtt = 4,

to the IOT hub endpoint, but its failing to connect over Proxy. Is this scenario supported or Win 7 / Win 7 PosReady Embedded doesn't support this scenario?

0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Put more graphs for incoming AMQP or MQTT messages for IOT hub

Like graphs shows in the RabbitMQ for queue/connection/exchange etc.. so that we can see live graphs of transactions

0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 2 10 11 12 14 Next →
  • Don't see your idea?

Azure IoT

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base