Azure IoT

This forum is to get feedback on the new IoT services: Azure IoT Hub and Azure IoT suite. This forum will help the engineering team collect feedback from our customers and users and help us understand and prioritize the roadmap.

1. Add a way to check on low-level AMQP or MQTT connect failures

The problem to be solved is that the attempt to connect to Azure sometimes fails at the low level, and the low level debug messages make this plain, but nothing is communicated back to the high level functions that we are using. (Either they return void, or the cases where they return an opaque handle only fail when something seriously bad happens, like a malloc failure or null input argument.) Examples would be an unauthorized ConnectionString or bad proxy settings. Without this, much time passes until you find that you can’t send messages; that is your clue that the connection…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Microsoft
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. IOT Device Simulation Error Logging

IOT Device Simulation needs to provide a way for users to diagnose errors in the event that telemetry is not being received by the IOT Hub or if the simulator shows that no telemetry was generated (0 messsages).

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. secondary thumbprint

The sample show how to register a device only with primary thumbprint. However, the azure portal ask the secondary thumprint ask required parameter and I don't know how to put that.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Reference Architecture PDF in Machine Reader friendly formats

Could you provide this guide also in Ebook formats like EPUB and Mobi or just plain HTML?

https://aka.ms/iotrefarchitecture

A lot of visually impaired people can't easily read PDF documents with Text-to-Speech software due to the lack of formatting rules. Text to Speech is also great for busy people like me to listen to the content on the go.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Make ModuleClient an interface to facilitate unit testing

ModuleClient can not be mocked which makes writing unit tests impossible for methods that accept this object as an argument.

Please make an IModuleClient that can be mocked.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Add functionality to Service Bus data option

A significant number of IoT applications make use of spreadsheet tools for data analysis and formatting, such as MS Excel. It would be extremely useful to be able to stream data values into a spreadsheet from the Azure cloud automatically to a user's local device or online web editor.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. BlockBlobUpload

Currently in the IoT SDK for Python there is a file upload capability.
    This feature requires that the file be loaded completely into memory which can be impossible for boards that have lower specs for memory.

It would be great if it were possible to upload BlockBlobs and be able to define the block size.

See below example

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Interface Wireless Push transmitter with Azure IoT Hub

Hello, I am using wireless push transmitter https://store.ncd.io/product/long-range-iot-wireless-multi-channel-wet-contact-closure-transmitter/ with special designed software from company but I need to connect this wireless transmitter with my Azure IOT hub and make it work with the device called ESP8266 which is serially connected with the wireless receiver which receives the data from these transmitters, but connecting this hardware is much new for me, so any special features which are easy to communicate mesh network with IOT hub will be very helpful.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Make it work

Trying to work through this tutorial. https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/iot-accelerators/quickstart-connected-factory-deploy

I'm logged on with my free Azure account, but there are no choices in the Subscription combo, so I'm stuck

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Don't require client-side installation of X.509 certificate chain

With the .NET SDK:
    When using X.509 certificates to authenticate with DPS, the code will install the entire certificate chain in the user's certificate store. - This happens in the EnsureChainIsInstalled method in CertificateInstaller.cs.

This will install the root CA and any intermediates in the user's profile as trusted CA's.
    I want to use IoT Hub for telemetry and communication with a Windows program, and I don't want to force my users to trust my CA for ALL future communication,

It seems pretty invasive to require the CA certificate installation.

Perhaps if the code supported using X509KeyStorageFlags.EphemeralKeySet, that could be…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. LINQ Support for Azure IoT Query Language

As far as I've seen there is no LINQ Support / Library for the Azure IoT Query Language. This would make development much more easy and straight forward

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Regular Expressions for Query Language

Since routing uses the IoT Query Language, it would be a great benefit if you would provide Regex capabilities for greater flexibility.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Date Functions for Query Language

According to the current Docs (https://docs.microsoft.com/de-de/azure/iot-hub/iot-hub-devguide-query-language#functions) there are currently no Date Functions - it would be very helpfull, if you would be able to provide basic function coverage as you have available in standard SQL like GetDate(), DateDiff, DatePart, etc.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Connecting edge-enabled device to Edge-Gateway

The docs state "Edge-enabled devices can't connect to IoT Edge gateways."

When will this be added?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Get Ready for the AWS Solutions Architect

Where the associate tier helps build your knowledge of the AWS platform, the AWS professional level certifications are not only good for your career, they are an essential step in taking your knowledge and confidence in building things on AWS to the next level.

A few months ago, Cloud Academy instructor Andrew Larkin shared his strategy to get ready for the AWS Solutions Architecthttps://goo.gl/YvWjdu Professional certification exam in a new webinar. Today, we’ll be sharing some of Andrew’s secrets in this excerpt from “How to study for the AWS Solutions Architect Professional Certification.” We’ll talk about some of the…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Don't charge me while IoT accelerators Local Deployment Fails

Do not charge for playing with solution accelerators, at least not until the deployment is successful. I have already accrued approx. $20 USD

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Azure IoT SDK / IoT Hub Simulator should be usable offline

Currently, users are unable to use IoT Hub Simulator to develop IoT Hub solutions locally in environments lacking consistent Internet access. Users should be able to use IoT Hub simulator offline.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Scalable way to distribute device identities

Module clients can be instantiated by using..

ioTHubModuleClient = await ModuleClient.CreateFromEnvironmentAsync(settings);

However, there is no mechanism to instantiate a DeviceClient using environment variables. However, this involves loading a DeviceConnectionString on each device which is obviously not scalable.

This is particularly problematic for leaf devices which cannot easiliy use DPS.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Display Device Identitiy(Name) in Confiuration page to identify devices on which configuration applied.

to show device name (ID) under the Metrics section on the configuration tile. Currently I see it displays only the count of devices the configuration applied .

I did the firmware sample for 2 devices and interested to show the each device name with their status. There may be a case if firmware update is apply on 5 devices then how best we can show the progress by device name on UI.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. HUB IOT PaaS connettore per "App per la logica" per inviare a dispositivi/microcontrollori, tipo Arduino, messaggi "ACTION" dopo trigger

Riferimento HUB IOT PaaS. Ci sarebbe necessità di un connettore per "App per la Logica" o " App per le Funzioni" per inviare a dispositivi/microcontrollori, tipo ESP8266 o Arduino, messaggi "ACTION" dopo trigger (ad esempio SQL già esistente ). Questi messaggi sono del tipo "{"Name":"TurnFanOn", "Parameters":{}}" e {"Name":"TurnFanOff", "Parameters":{}}" previsti in tutorial Microsoft. Cordialità .

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Azure IoT

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base