Azure IoT

This forum is to get feedback on the new IoT services: Azure IoT Hub and Azure IoT suite. This forum will help the engineering team collect feedback from our customers and users and help us understand and prioritize the roadmap.

1. IoT Hub network Address

We are looking at ways to restrict access on data simcards to only be able to access and send data to IoT Hub however we can't identify the IP addresses of our IoT Hub. Is there anyway to find this?

Best

15 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Microsoft
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

As a workaround, the IoT Hub IP address can be discovered by using a reverse DNS lookup on the cname (*.azure-devices.net). However, the IP mapped is subject to change without notice. This also doesn’t help discover the geo-paired Hub IP address, that would be needed in case of a failover/disaster recovery.

Something we’re considering is to add a new API which would return the current IP address for an IoT Hub + the geo-paired IP address. This API could be queried frequently to keep firewall rules up-to-date. Please comment and vote on the potential usefulness of this proposed feature.

2. Need a solution for a business rules engine

IoT Suite seems to depend on ASA for any business rules handling in the samples and reference architectures. ASA can detect the criteria, but seems very lacking in the response action that should be carried out. More functionality, including a canned set of response actions should be available as standalone BRE.

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We’ve made progress on this scenario/pattern implementing message routing in the IoT Hub service.
    You can today set rules (called routes) based on messages content or headers and have them sent directly to “custom endpoints” (today we support Event Hub, Service Bus Queues and Topics, Blob Storage). Learn more here: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/iot-hub/iot-hub-devguide-endpoints#custom-endpoints

We are considering other custom endpoint types. Your feedback is welcome here.

3. Allow IoT Hub to send acknowledgement to Device saving battery operated devices Lifetime

Currently Device sends acknowledgement that the Command is executed or not. But the most common scenarios is IoT Hub responding with an acknowledgement to Device saying that I have received the data and you can send the next data on next interval or an command can be send as acknowledgement to Device saving time in communication and the uptime of the device.

This is most useful in case of battery operated devices and saving the energy for the data collection and not in communication. This will be optimized in terms of Communications.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Samples azure-iot-sdk-c-master no working

Hello, I'm trying to use the path in this page to run the samples in Visual Studio 2017 but they still have many problems.
    https://github.com/Azure/azure-iot-sdk-c/blob/master/doc/setting_up_vcpkg.md

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Twins over multiplexed AMQP

This has been discussed in https://github.com/Azure/azure-iot-sdk-c/issues/546, where it was closed with suggestion to use IoT Edge. As far as I understand, IoT Edge is used on prem. I have observed the need for an implementation of a cloud GW implementing the identity translation pattern using one single multiplexed connection....

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

need-feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. MQTT C2D reject message

I have tested Azure IoT SDK in Node.js. I found that MQTT does not implement C2D reject/abandon. We need this feedback message to ensure the message was received and processed, is it possible to implement these message back?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Display Device Identitiy(Name) in Confiuration page to identify devices on which configuration applied.

to show device name (ID) under the Metrics section on the configuration tile. Currently I see it displays only the count of devices the configuration applied .

I did the firmware sample for 2 devices and interested to show the each device name with their status. There may be a case if firmware update is apply on 5 devices then how best we can show the progress by device name on UI.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. the problem of the new buy

i wrote this tutorial https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/iot-hub/iot-hub-csharp-csharp-getstarted and next i want to use this ReadDeviceToCloudMessages application on Azure. Is it possible to write or sending this application on Azure?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Support camera module on Raspberry Pi 3 and W

Please add Raspberry Pi 3 camera module to Azure IoT

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Requesting Azure SDK using .NET can be use by other language too

I have successfully make a pending physical device on IoT Suite to be work by using your guideline which I called "Device Activator". Somehow, I have some important inquiry since I'm not very very familiar with C++ and native C code.

Ok, I have follow another articles for sending data to iot hub which I treat it as a device information sending application using C# Console and the graph is display on mygraph.azure-devices.net. Ok, lets say I want this Native C code to be DLL so I can make another console to enable user to use 1 exe but activate…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Azure IoT

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base