Azure IoT

This forum is to get feedback on the new IoT services: Azure IoT Hub and Azure IoT suite. This forum will help the engineering team collect feedback from our customers and users and help us understand and prioritize the roadmap.

1. New Feature when adding an Event Hub Endpoint

When adding an Event Hub Endpoint:

Customer is requesting to add an additional field which allows you to choose from all of your current Event Hub Shared Access Policies

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Microsoft
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. RFC 6066 max fragment length

Please support the RFC 6066 standard for negotiating max. fragment lengths. I have now encountered a lot of scenarios where IoT devices receive too large packets.
    This has already been mentioned in 2018 here: https://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/4d4fbaee-01c3-4d51-9c91-ad048f852103/tlsssl-fragmentation?forum=azureiothub

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. IoT Hub keep insight after quota expiration

::this is feedback that was originally logged on the IoT Edge UserVoice forum; however it belongs in the IoT Hub forum::

After your daily quota has expired you lose insight into your device list and cannot take any action without physical/ssh access to it. However for an IoT use-case neither physical, nor ssh access to all of your devices is given.

The solution would be, not to count administrative messages (like reading the device list and disabling a babbling device) towards the message quota.

Since Microsoft wants to make money, maybe an option like "either all messages are counted towards…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. IOT Streaming Data using Azure Synapse Analytics

hi we have azure subscription and i am trying to propose Azure Synapse Analytics to my team. We are currently having a lot of IOT data which is semi-structured/structured data and i want to understand how Azure Synapse Analytics can help with IOT Streaming data. The IOT data is coming from various sources example SAP etc in the form of csv files to Azure Blob Storage. how can i move this data over to Synapse Analytics. how would my architecture look like. how should i design my pipelines. What query method should i use. Polybase vs BCP. Can you please…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Integration of LogicApps Triggers with the IoTHub are not working correctly

The IoTHubs Events of LogicApps are not working correctly. As far as I can tell, a LogicApps application is only executed when one chooses all IoTHubs Event Types:
    -Microsoft.Devices.DeviceCreated
    -Microsoft.Devices.DeviceDeleted
    -Microsoft.Devices.DeviceTelemetry
    -Microsoft.Devices.DeviceConnected
    -Microsoft.Devices.DeviceDisconnected
    Selecting only a subset of these 5 will result in the LogicApps application to never execute even when the event has happened.

For example: Selecting
    -Microsoft.Devices.DeviceCreated
    -Microsoft.Devices.DeviceDeleted
    -Microsoft.Devices.DeviceTelemetry
    -Microsoft.Devices.DeviceConnected
    -Microsoft.Devices.DeviceDisconnected
    as Event Types to trigger the LogicApps application and creating/deleting devices via the IoTHub UI will result in no Trigger. Only when one adds the last Event Type will the LogicApps application be triggered.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. fine grained access control for IoT device streams

I would like to allow users to SSH to devices using the forthcoming azure iot device streams feature, but I don't want these users to have access to the full serviceconnect token permissions such as editing the device twin. add a way to limit the token I give to device streams users. see this github thread

https://github.com/MicrosoftDocs/azure-docs/issues/42367

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Add system property SessionId to the Message

Add a new system property SessionId to the Message (Microsoft.Azure.Devices.Client) to enable usage of
    https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/service-bus-messaging/message-sessions in case of following path of messages: device -> IoT Hub -> Service Bus Topic -> Azure Function

Service bus demands system property, but does not take into account custom properties.

Without such support it is almost impossible (or demands additional effords and resources) to implement sequential messages processing using Service bus

Discussions of this problem:
    https://github.com/Azure/azure-iot-sdk-csharp/issues/1071

https://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/azure/en-US/0e3414d2-90b5-4949-8017-3412cee2949a/azure-iot-hub-gt-service-bus-topic-ordered-messages?forum=azureiothub

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Configure Properties on IotHub doesn't work

I ran the following command
    az iot hub update --name {your iot hub name} \
    --set properties.storageEndpoints.'$default'.connectionString="{your storage account connection string}" in a bash script and I receive

Couldn't find '$default' in 'properties.storageEndpoints'. Available
    options: []

I just followed the steps provided https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/iot-hub/iot-hub-configure-file-upload-cli to enabled file uploading for my iotHub instance.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Log the IPs of the devices that invoke the direct methods

I would like a way on Azure Portal to display the IPs of the devices that have invoked a Direct Methods (not those that execute them) on my IoTdevices and the date and time of the event. Alternatively a way to identify these callers

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. IoT hub number of devices

I had 5 IoT devices in IoT hub. Now I have removed 1, but IoT hub still shows the number of 5 IoT devices

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Azure IoT Developer's Guide Ebook unavailable

The below link doesn't contain any ebook/PDF. Also, the 'View Report' button redirects to Microsoft Homepage.
    https://azure.microsoft.com/en-us/resources/iot-developers-guide/

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. IoT Hub DeviceTwins to store device public ip address

If the default metadata of the DeviceTwins document could store LastKnownPublicIPAddress value, that would help some customers to further do maintenance on their devices.

This request came from one of our customers.

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Enable per device message throttling capability

From the cost and cyber security perspective, its ideal to set message throttling/quote per device instead of at the IoTHub Level. there is a possibility that one rogue device eating the complete limit of one or more IoTHubs if we cant throttle per device.

https://github.com/MicrosoftDocs/azure-docs/issues/25343

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. IOT Hub and Device Prov. Service Security

Hi Team,

current documentaiton does not provide much details about how to secure IOT HUB/Device provisioning service by adding api layer (NGINX) on top of core paas services.

Is device connecting using X.509 CA certificates to IOT HUB/DPS is enough secure? do we need to add extra gateway layer on top of these PAAS services?

Thanks
    Bhupal

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Is Metrics/Diagnostics under IOT Hub to view Device telemetries or it is for IOT Hub health monitoring?

Hi team, bit confused with the documentation about metrics and diagnostic logs.

is metrics and diagnostic logs feature under IOT Hub is to view the messages sent by devices connected to that hub AND/OR this feature is only to view the logs of IOT hub performances and failures?

what is the recommended PAAS application to view the messages/logs sent by devices? I don't want to build new application or use power BI tool. looking for something within Azure itself which lets me view the messages sent by devices more interactively (filer/report etc...)

Thanks
    Bhupal

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Azure Maps Mobility - Get Transit Route Preview cannot get transit route between different metroIDs

If we want to use Azure Maps Mobility to develop an application which gets the total transit time by public transportation in Japan, there are the following blocking issues:

1. Azure Maps Mobility - Get Transit Route Preview cannot get transit route between different metroIDs. In fact, this API cannot set different metroIDs each of origin and destination.

2. Azure Maps Mobility coverage doesn’t cover all the prefectures of Japan, just 4. (Shizuoka Prefecture, Tokyo, Wakkanai, and Yamanashi Prefecture.)

3. Cannot use addresses and landmarks for the origin and destination of Azure Maps Mobility - Get Transit Route Preview.

4. Cannot determine the station…
    2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Does Azure IoT hub support IPv6?

I saw that it will be done during 2019.
    Is it released ? or still developing?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Do we have similar document step by step guide for C#? ( .net consloe app as simulated device)

Do we have similar document step by step guide for C#? ( .net consloe app as simulated device)

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Allow ServiceClient to update twin reported properties

I am working through a scenario in which a device is not using the DeviceClient SDK and cannot interact with the twin MQTT topic. A reported property on the device twin is updated once a device has acknowledged a desired state has been applied via a custom channel. Once this processing is complete, there is a need to updated the 'reported' state on the twin.

From my understanding, the only way to update twin reported properties is via a client (Device or MQTT client) per device. This forces a service responsible for resolving a twin delta on behalf of a…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4 5 13 14
  • Don't see your idea?

Azure IoT

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base