Azure IoT

This forum is to get feedback on the new IoT services: Azure IoT Hub and Azure IoT suite. This forum will help the engineering team collect feedback from our customers and users and help us understand and prioritize the roadmap.

1. this same web app but coded in ASP.NET core c#

Request a guideline for this but in c# to can recreate it in a diferent scenario

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Microsoft
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Add access to device twin in module message enrichment for Iot Hub

When sending events from within an iot edge module, the $twin in the message enrichment refers to the module twin. This means I cannot add things like tenantId that is managed on the device twin. Is it possible to give access to the device twin in this situation?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. IoT-Central will disconnect and reconnect again in an exact 48 mins

It seems due to the MQTT version issue, the SAS token cannot be updated with live connection when it's expired. It makes a weird situation that our device has to re-connect in every 48 mins...That does not make sense at all. Please help to fix this.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Allow interaction between IoT Hub routes and Event Hub which resides in a Vnet

Currently it is not possible to communicate between IoT Hub routes and an Event Hub (integrated in a Vnet), as described here: https://docs.microsoft.com/de-de/azure/event-hubs/event-hubs-service-endpoints#next-steps
    Please make this feature available, so that we can fulfill our internal company security rules.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. All query of enrollments with a where clause

All for adding a where clause to a query of Azure DPS enrollments similar to Devices in a hub. Current the select * from enrollments does not honor a where clause

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Allow stream Analytics job query defined in Python script.

Stream analytics is very powerful concept and to get much from this service a python based query will handle real business scenario better.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Missing iOS SDK support for DPS?

Although the iOS client SDK claims to support the IoT Hub, the support for the device provisioning service (DPS) is missing?

How can iOS clients with X.509 self signed certificates register on IoT Hub via the DPS?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Modbus TCP protocol not allowing permissions/control for function code

Modbus TCP protocol is not allowing for permissions or constraints to be set on Modbus function code and internal coils and registers. Access control is required for production scenarios to deny or constraint specific addresses of coils or registers. Ability to apply permissions to functions is useful.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Modbus TCP Aliasing: mapping Unit IDs

Modbus TCP has Unit ID and IDs and multiple RTUs can be connected to single device. However, it is not always possible to have unique IP addresses for IDs. Since Modbus TCP identifies a by MBAP header Unit ID, it would be useful to map Unit IDs to IDs and use aliases for mapped IDs.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. allow users to log any type of communication between cloud the device payload into Azure Diagnostics in log analytics for debugging

It would be great if we could log the messaging payloads into log analytics between cloud and devices (both directions) for debugging purposes.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Get an alert when reaching the max quota of the IoT Hub

Hi,

Sometimes we send more messages than the size of the IoT Hub allows. We'd like to be able to receive an alert when this scenario occurs.

The current Alert system for IoT Hub allows to setup a dynamic threshold to any metrics but there is not option to limit the quota.

Thank you.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Add metrics related to messages process status under traffic shaping

Hi,

From Azure documentation: "To accommodate burst traffic, IoT Hub accepts requests above the throttle for a limited time. The first few of these requests are processed immediately. However, if the number of requests continues violate the throttle, IoT Hub starts placing the requests in a queue and processed at the limit rate."
    https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/iot-hub/iot-hub-devguide-quotas-throttling

In these circumstances, some messages are not sent immediately.
    In order to know what is happening to our messages, we would like to get the following metrics:
    - The number of messages not sent because of the IoT Hub size limit
    - The number of messages…

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. I'm trying to run an Azure IoT intro class at Collin College in Texas. Need Microsoft help

I purchased two official Adafruit feather HUZZAH Azure IoT Starter Kits. The IoT Hub creation script has been changed. Where can I find the current script?

Also, do you have an academic program? Why can't I choose F! subscriptions for my class? Do you have a working script for my project kit or any other kit?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. add client.getBlobSharedAccessSignature to Java SDK

provide client.getBlobSharedAccessSignature in Java SDK to easily get the access SAS token for uploaded file.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. New Feature when adding an Event Hub Endpoint

When adding an Event Hub Endpoint:

Customer is requesting to add an additional field which allows you to choose from all of your current Event Hub Shared Access Policies

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. RFC 6066 max fragment length

Please support the RFC 6066 standard for negotiating max. fragment lengths. I have now encountered a lot of scenarios where IoT devices receive too large packets.
    This has already been mentioned in 2018 here: https://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/4d4fbaee-01c3-4d51-9c91-ad048f852103/tlsssl-fragmentation?forum=azureiothub

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. IoT Hub keep insight after quota expiration

::this is feedback that was originally logged on the IoT Edge UserVoice forum; however it belongs in the IoT Hub forum::

After your daily quota has expired you lose insight into your device list and cannot take any action without physical/ssh access to it. However for an IoT use-case neither physical, nor ssh access to all of your devices is given.

The solution would be, not to count administrative messages (like reading the device list and disabling a babbling device) towards the message quota.

Since Microsoft wants to make money, maybe an option like "either all messages are counted towards…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. IOT Streaming Data using Azure Synapse Analytics

hi we have azure subscription and i am trying to propose Azure Synapse Analytics to my team. We are currently having a lot of IOT data which is semi-structured/structured data and i want to understand how Azure Synapse Analytics can help with IOT Streaming data. The IOT data is coming from various sources example SAP etc in the form of csv files to Azure Blob Storage. how can i move this data over to Synapse Analytics. how would my architecture look like. how should i design my pipelines. What query method should i use. Polybase vs BCP. Can you please…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Integration of LogicApps Triggers with the IoTHub are not working correctly

The IoTHubs Events of LogicApps are not working correctly. As far as I can tell, a LogicApps application is only executed when one chooses all IoTHubs Event Types:
    -Microsoft.Devices.DeviceCreated
    -Microsoft.Devices.DeviceDeleted
    -Microsoft.Devices.DeviceTelemetry
    -Microsoft.Devices.DeviceConnected
    -Microsoft.Devices.DeviceDisconnected
    Selecting only a subset of these 5 will result in the LogicApps application to never execute even when the event has happened.

For example: Selecting
    -Microsoft.Devices.DeviceCreated
    -Microsoft.Devices.DeviceDeleted
    -Microsoft.Devices.DeviceTelemetry
    -Microsoft.Devices.DeviceConnected
    -Microsoft.Devices.DeviceDisconnected
    as Event Types to trigger the LogicApps application and creating/deleting devices via the IoTHub UI will result in no Trigger. Only when one adds the last Event Type will the LogicApps application be triggered.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
← Previous 1 3 4 5 13 14
  • Don't see your idea?

Azure IoT

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base