Lab Services

Azure Lab Services is a service that enables you to easily set up and provide on-demand access to various systems and software for any workload: teaching a class, setting up a development or test environment, or running trials with customers. Manage and scale your group’s resources in lab environments, while minimizing waste and controlling cost. Choose between the two lab types, classroom lab or devtest lab, for an experience that is tailored to your scenario.

Visit the Azure Lab Services page to learn more.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Auto - Shutdown save button is disabled always even enabled is ON and other values are filled.

Auto - Shutdown save button is disabled always even enabled is ON and other values are filled.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Microsoft
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

triaged  ·  2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Support auto-shutdown that does a deallocate as well

Auto-shutdown is great, but I'd like it to deallocate as well, so I don't get charged. That's my primary reason for wanting auto-shutdown, so I don't get charged for a playground VM twiddling its thumbs overnight.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  DevTest Labs - Virtual Machines  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. auto shutdown email notification needs also webhook field to be filled

Cannot add email address for VM auto shutdown.
    After switching "yes" at "Send notification before auto-shutdown - filling only the "Email address" field correctly -
    while "Webhook URL" is empty -
    the "Save" button does not get enabled - it is still disabled.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

This is not a known issue. Ideally, user should be able to enter the email address only and click the Save button. This may be a bug we may need to investigate with your lab as we are not able to reproduce it on our end.
    Are you still experiencing this issue? If so can you please create a support ticket with us so that we can look into your lab.
    Link: https://portal.azure.com/?feature.customPortal=false#blade/Microsoft_Azure_Support/HelpAndSupportBlade/overview

4. Having the right to stop/start a VM should imply also having the right to schedule automatic shutdown.

It makes little sense to me to separate the two rights for the same VM. It would simplify administration if I didn't have to contact a manager just to not have the VM suddenly die when I need to work late.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  DevTest Labs - Virtual Machines  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

The schedule is applied at two levels viz. lab level and VM level.
    Depending on the policy applied by your lab owner, you as a lab user can modify the schedule on your machine.
    The policies include:
    - Lab user can modify schedule and/or opt out
    - Lab user can modify schedule but cannot opt out
    - Lab user cannot modify schedule nor opt out

If you are not able to modify the schedule, it might be because of the policy your lab owner has set on the lab.

Hope this helps!

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base