Lab Services

Azure Lab Services is a service that enables you to easily set up and provide on-demand access to various systems and software for any workload: teaching a class, setting up a development or test environment, or running trials with customers. Manage and scale your group’s resources in lab environments, while minimizing waste and controlling cost. Choose between the two lab types, classroom lab or devtest lab, for an experience that is tailored to your scenario.

Visit the Azure Lab Services page to learn more.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. VM not starting

One morning, I try to start a VM it just keep trying for hours. No visibility what's going on. There is no clue what's happening in backend. Seeing error is more comforting rather seeing forever Starting...

It was frustrating...

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. cannot diable auto shutdown on Linux machines

And this is really bad, I want to use one of those machines for running tests, and I need it to be on all the time. When trying to opt out of auto-shutdown, the button is grayed out and it doesn't let me.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3. The virtual machine automatic shutdown page is not functioning. I can't set a time for the machine to shut down.

Please fix the page for setting automatic shutdown of virtual machines. Whenever I try to set this the page errors out and doesn't allow me to set the properties I need to set.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. dont see devtest labs india south location; for india central location, unable to create a vm

dont see devtest labs india south location; for india central location, unable to create a vm

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

closed  ·  1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. A way to create a new DevTest VM using a formula from Release Managment

I love how formula's work in the DevTestLab and so easy to make adjustments to the formula as you need them. I like the fact that these are always the latest bits. However, right now this only seems to work if I manually set one up what would be really nice is being able to call this formula from a Build Task to create this vm on the fly just before I deploy my application to it in the release pipeline.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Auto-shutdown not working reliably.

Most days, my two Linux Vms shut down automatically at 7 PM (as configured), but some days not. This happens to me about once a week. The Activity log doesn't show any errors or attempts at "deallocating". I kind of suspect that this failure to shutdown happens only after the machines have been deallocated for a couple days, and then turned on. If there's somewhere else (besides the Activity log) that I should look for errors, please let me know.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Auto Shutdown configured but not working ?

Auto Shutdown configured but not working ? any headers ?

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Make it work right. I cant adjust the automatic shutdown schedule on the web site.

Whenever I try to create an automatic shutdown schedule I'm getting an error that prevents me from doing so.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. The auto-stop scheduler for region WestIndia will be available soon. Please check back later.

The auto-stop scheduler for region WestIndia will be available soon. Please check back later.

0 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

closed  ·  0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
1 3 Next →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base