Lab Services

Azure Lab Services is a service that enables you to easily set up and provide on-demand access to various systems and software for any workload: teaching a class, setting up a development or test environment, or running trials with customers. Manage and scale your group’s resources in lab environments, while minimizing waste and controlling cost. Choose between the two lab types, classroom lab or devtest lab, for an experience that is tailored to your scenario.

Visit the Azure Lab Services page to learn more.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. It is very confused that a scheduled shutdown at 19:00 existing and DO NOT notice the users.

It is very confused that a scheduled shutdown at 19:00 existing and DO NOT notice the users.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Microsoft
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Make additional steps available in "Configure as Code" pipelines

If you want to run Ruby Build and Test Tasks, you can choose "Configuration as Code ." There is only the option to set up a YAML file. But i

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Adding VNET ResourceId back to VNET properties page

We notice that the VNET ResourceId has been removed from the VNET properties blade. We use the ResourceId as one of the parameters for DTLab creation. There is a workaround to obtain the ResourceId but it takes longer and time consuming.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. We need auto start after the auto stop

Add a line to add auto restart

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Add virtual machine cmdlet support for DevTest labs

In a similar fashion to the Azure Compute cmdlets currently available for Virtual Machines, please add Azure DevTest Lab cmdlets for Virtual Machines.

Thank you.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. cloud-init support in ARM template

Please add support for feeding Linux VM's cloud-init with customData using Microsoft.DevTestLab/labs/virtualmachines template, just as seen in an osProfile object in Microsoft.Compute/virtualMachines template.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. An easy to use pause or sleep function so I don't get charged for service at night and wake up in the morning.

An easy to use pause or sleep function so I don't get charged for service at night and wake up in the morning.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Provide a way to reset VM specific auto-shutdown to factory defaults

As a manager of a lab I need to reset all of my VMs to reset to the factory defaults for auto-shutdown. I had some VMs that were overriden on the defaults and I cannot find a way to reset them or delete my override schedule and notification.

I tried deleting values, disabling auto-shutoff, re-enabling, etc. In all instances, I could not seem to get the auto-shutdown lab defaults to return.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Can you help us understand why you would like to return to defaults?

Currently, users can override the lab shutdown.
    If you would like to enforce your schedule as the schedule for all lab VMs, you can do so using the Auto shutdown policy blade and selecting ‘Users have no control..’

Does that help?

9. Continuous delivery should work with preview versions like .NET 2.1 preview

There is an option by using extension to use .NET 2.1 preview for app services but the same/similar option should be there for continuous delivery in build agents as well to test .NET 2.1 preview etc. with CI.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Billing notifications

At present the cost integrations are via a single webhook. Would it be possible to surface cost details in Monitor so that alerts can be generated based on more specific thresholds and destinations?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Warp Bloomberg

Test feedback from WARP overview call.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Start VMs automaticamente

Disponibilizar agendador igual ao "desligamento automático" para as VMs.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. what all Pass offering we can manage from DevTestLab

Is there anyway that we can configure any existing Azure Pass service as part of artifact and we can use on demand as part of Pass Offering.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Option to choose how we connect to VM when we click [Connect] button in DevTest Labs' VM blade.

When we choose [Virtual machines] - [<target VM resource>] - [Overview] and then click [Connect], the management portal shows "To connect to your virtual machine via RDP, select an IP address, optionally change the port number, and download the RDP file." And we can select 'DNS', 'Public IP' or 'Private IP'. However, when we go to [DevTest Labs] - [target lab resource] - [All virtual machines] - [<target VM resource>] - [Overview] and click [Connect], no option to connect is shown and downloading RDP file just starts. It is such a hassle to go to standard VM's blade to do…

0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  DevTest Labs - Virtual Machines  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thanks for your feedback!

DevTest Labs is built in a way that lab owner sets up the networking for the entire lab. The goal is to not have lab users go through the hassle of looking for the IP addresses and other information to connect to their VMs.

Can you please describe your scenario and why you need this information to connect to a lab VM?

2 Next →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base