DevTest Labs

Azure DevTest Lab is a service that helps developers and testers to quickly create environments in Azure while minimizing waste and controlling cost. You can test latest version of your application by quickly provisioning Windows and Linux environments using reusable templates and artifacts. Easily integrate your deployment pipeline with DevTest Lab to provision on demand environments. Scale up your load testing by provisioning multiple test agents. Also, create pre-provisioned environments for training and demo.

Visit the Azure DevTest Labs page to learn more about DevTest Labs and how to get started.

How can we improve Microsoft Azure DevTest Labs?

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. host

Access entire lab via public FQDN.
    Be able to have a public hostname (rds.contoso.com) where you RDP to and it automatically drops you into a claimable VM in the lab pool.

5 votes
    Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Connectivity  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    • Add default NSG to either Lab subnet or VMs as they are created

It seems like VMs created in the Lab do not have an NSG defined. I believe this means that there are no blocks to any ports inboud from the Internet to the Lab VMs. I know that I can RDP to my Lab VM although no NSG is allowing it. I think this sets up a sub-optimal security posture. Would it not be better to add a default NSG to the Lab subnet which allows RDP and SSH?

2 votes
      Sign in
      Check!
      (thinking…)
      Reset
      or sign in with
      • facebook
      • google
        Password icon
        Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Connectivity  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thanks for submitting the request, Steve. DevTest Labs allow you to add an existing VNET from the subscription to be used in the Labs, which means that you can create your VNET with subnets where NSG is applied in your subscription, and then use that VNET in your labs. Does it work with you?

• Add an option for public load balanced ip.

It would be nice to have an option to set up a load balanced external ip. As it is now one have to choose shared ip for the new VMs (the only way to get the new VMs in an availability set in the devtest portal), delete the NAT rules and modify the load balancer.

Another solution would be to have an option to let new VMs be created in an availability set also when you select private IPs. Then one could set up the load balancers afterwards.

1 vote
        Sign in
        Check!
        (thinking…)
        Reset
        or sign in with
        • facebook
        • google
          Password icon
          Signed in as (Sign out)

• Allow selection of Public IP Address that you created manually

I am unable to deploy a Windows 10 image with a public ip address. It continually fails due to the auto assignment of a Public IP/DNS name. Why can we not 1. select a PIP that we have 2. edit the DNS name prior to deployment to prevent failure.

1 vote
          Sign in
          Check!
          (thinking…)
          Reset
          or sign in with
          • facebook
          • google
            Password icon
            Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base