How can we improve Microsoft Azure DevTest Labs?

Ability to perform scheduled shutdown based on day

Ability to perform scheduled shutdown based on day, not just time. Similar to start. We want to force shutdown all VMs on Fridays 11pm.

80 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Stephan Human shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    planned  ·  AdminAzure DevTest Labs Team (Admin, Microsoft Azure) responded  · 

Thanks for your suggestion! The feature is currently in our backlog, but has to be prioritized with other ones. So we don’t have an ETA at this point of time. Please don’t hesitate to vote for it if you want to see it’s done sooner.

13 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anantha commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Looks like still the scheduled shutdown is not working... Is there any ETA on this please?

• John V commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Agreed. Scheduling is what's needed.

I need auto-shutdown enabled every day except the first of each month. I run a long report that takes nearly 24 hours to complete, and if I forget to disabled auto-shutdown that particular day, I have to re-run the report.

• Johhny deep commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Can't agree more, better to add email alert for VM Start/Stop outside of predefined schedule

• Fabrizio commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Automatic TurnOff/TurnOff facilities should be on a calendar base or a daily base, not just a single shot "turn off" event
        Thank you

• Xavier Ronteix commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Allow fine scheduling, start and stop and allow weekdays and weekend
        like :
        - Monday-Friday start 8am stop 8pm
        - Saturday-sunday keep off
        This auto schedule does not prevent from manual start in case of need, but offer more flexibility and better usage of resources

• Balu Kalepu commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

VM Auto-Shutdown option is recently added to ARM VMs. But, we cannot configure the recurrence of this schedule like daily, weekly, monthly. It would be great if this flexibility is added. Also, we must have an option to schedule the Auto-Start of VM.

• Justin Medcraft commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

In order to reduce costs we will be utilising the 'Auto-Shutdown' functionality for VMs as we are not a 24/7 business. It would be good therefore to have 'Auto-Restart' functionality too. So we can shut down non-essential servers between the hours of e.g. 1800 - 0600 hrs.

Feedback and Knowledge Base