SQL Data Warehouse

Do you have an idea or suggestion based on your experience with SQL Data Warehouse? We would love to hear it! Please take a few minutes to submit your idea or vote up an idea submitted by another SQL Data Warehouse customer. All of the feedback you share in these forums will be monitored and reviewed by the SQL Data Warehouse engineering team. By suggesting or voting for ideas here, you will also be one of the first to know when we begin work on your feature requests and when we release the feature.

Remember that this site is only for feature suggestions and ideas! If you have technical questions please try our documentation, MSDN forum, or StackOverflow. If you need support, please open a support ticket with us.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. xp_logininfo

I would like to make use of Active Directory Groups for Row-Level Security.
    In order to do so I need a functionality to know to which group a login belongs to:
    1) a user logs in using AD. The user belongs to a specific group.
    2) I can use xp_logininfo to know which group that login belongs to
    3) i can use the group within a mapping table for RowLevel Security
    4) the user can see only the rows allowed to the group he belongs to

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Microsoft
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  T-SQL  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Replicate table command

I would like a command that would allow us to replicate a table and wait for the replication to complete. The reason for this is that often in ETL workflows you want to make sure the table is replicated before moving on to load the next set of tables. Currently the only way to wait for this is to first trigger a replication with a SELECT TOP 1 * FROM Table and then sit and poll a system view to wait for its completion.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  T-SQL  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Grant DDL, DML rights with expiry date

Some time, we need to give access on production environment for a certain time period, either its select, ddl or dml. Currently its a manual process to revoke the access or we have to develop a process and routines to revoke them. It will be good if we could provide an expiry date with the grant statement it self and DBMS engine should auto take care of expiry on that date.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  T-SQL  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
1 3 Next →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base