Azure Synapse Analytics

We would love to hear your ideas for new features for Azure Synapse Analytics. Below, enter a new idea or upvote an existing one. The Synapse engineering team pays attention to all requests.

If instead you need a technical question answered or help, try the these options: DocumentationMSDN forum, and StackOverflow. If you need support, please open a support ticket.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Support EXECUTE AS for stored procedures

As part of the ELT procedure the user staging data should be able to call a transform procedure to ingest the data without having read/write permissions to the production tables.

30 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Microsoft
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

4 comments  ·  SQL/Security  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. [In Preview]Support column level encryption and decryption based on security rules.

At this time Synapse warehouse does not support or give a method to decrypt a single column based on algorithm like AES.
    The idea is I should be able to encrypt sensitive columns in a file (bolb) outside of the database load it as is to warehouse. Once loaded I can define rules for each user and provide feature like decrypt the column if the user is allowed by fetching key from Key vault else show encrypted value for data protection.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

started  ·  0 comments  ·  SQL/Security  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. [In Preview]support column level encryption in synapse

There is a gdpr requirement to store privacy data encrypted in the db, existing SQL versions support this with column level security, synapse is unable to maintain this level of security.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

started  ·  0 comments  ·  SQL/Security  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base