Stored procedure support for On-Demand SQL
Currently Synapse On-Demand SQL doesnt support stored procedures. In case the On-Demand logic is to be operationalized or used from Synapse Orchestrate\ADF, it will be helpful to have stored procedures instead of copying data between external tables or building views combining different files.
Mike Lee commented
This feature appears to be working now. (Store Proc in Synapse Pipeline against SQL-On-Demand)
- Just need to MANUALLY CREATE the LINKED SERVICE
- Specify: "Azure SQL Database" as the type
- Account Selection Method: ENTER MANUALLY
- FQDN: <whatever>-ondemand.sql.azuresynapse.net
- Database Name
- Authentication Type: (In my case, SQL Authentication)
Don't forget to run the TEST CONNECTION in the Stored Procedure task in the Synapse pipeline..
Manish Pradhan commented
As this is marked as started. By when is this expected?