Update: Microsoft will be moving away from UserVoice sites on a product-by-product basis throughout the 2021 calendar year. We will leverage 1st party solutions for customer feedback. Learn more here.

Azure Synapse Analytics

We would love to hear your ideas for new features for Azure Synapse Analytics. Below, enter a new idea or upvote an existing one. The Synapse engineering team pays attention to all requests.

If instead you need a technical question answered or help, try the these options: DocumentationMSDN forum, and StackOverflow. If you need support, please open a support ticket.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. I have source as a flat file having data in multiple lines in a string column, when I insert the same data into Azure SQL Datawarehouse data

I have source as a flat file having data in multiple lines in a string column, when I insert the same data into Azure SQL Datawarehouse database, its removing the new line characters and data is appearing in a single line.

I checked the data by copying into Notepad++ , its appearing in a single line.

Is there any option in Azure SQL Datawarehouse database to fix this issue.

Example: CREATE TABLE test ( ID VARCHAR(20) , TASK NVARCHAR(100) ) WITH ( CLUSTERED INDEX ( ID ) )

Insert into table with multiple lines in TASK field

insert into test…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  SQL/Integration  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Azure Active Directory (AAD) Connectivity to SQL Warehouse thru Excel

We want to be flexible and if some teams needs to access sqlwarehouse thru Azure Active Directory instead of local DB Users it will be great and easy to provide access to data

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  SQL/Integration  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
2 Next →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base