Azure Synapse Analytics

We would love to hear your ideas for new features for Azure Synapse Analytics. Below, enter a new idea or upvote an existing one. The Synapse engineering team pays attention to all requests.

If instead you need a technical question answered or help, try the these options: DocumentationMSDN forum, and StackOverflow. If you need support, please open a support ticket.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. add cache for On Demand Pool

add a cache for On demand Query, I expect if I run the the same Query to hit a cache unless data source has changed

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Microsoft
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  SQL/Polybase  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Correct USE_TYPE_DEFAULT= FALSE rules for UTF-16 External file formats

External file formats with UTF-16 encoding are not obeying the USETYPEDEFAULT= FALSE logic and are converting NULL marks in flat files to USETYPEDEFAULT = TRUE logic. There appears to be some kind of implicit conversion to UTF-8 causing NULL marks to no longer correctly appear.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. evaluate table structure for queries at table level (select count(*))

Polybase does not evaluate datatypes for queries at table level like "select count()". When a numeric field contains alpha numeric data the record is not rejected when you use "select count()", but it is when you use "select *". It will be great when this is consistent.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 3 Next →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base