Service Fabric

Do you have an idea, suggestion, or feedback based on your experience with Azure Service Fabric? We would love to hear from you.

Please take a few minutes to submit your feedback in one of the forums available on the right or vote up an idea submitted by another Azure Service Fabric customer. All the feedback shared in these forums are being monitored and reviewed by the Microsoft Azure Service Fabric team.

Please remember this forum is for Azure Service Fabric, and if you have feedback on other Microsoft products, services or platforms, please submit your feedback in the appropriate forum (found on the right hand side).

Thanks for your feedback – we look forward to improving your satisfaction with Azure Service Fabric

1. Let's Encrypt certificates for Service Fabric

Do we have a support to add the Let's Encrypt certificates to the Service Fabric cluster?

I want to use Let's Encrypt certificates and automate the process of renewing them.

43 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Microsoft
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Integrate with Azure Application Insights

It would be really great if SF can send telemetry to Azure Application Insights.

43 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. "visual studio code"

Support for Visual Studio Code with tooling on all platforms (windows, mac, linux)

43 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. service fabric stateless service run netstandard 2.0 error

I have created a service fabric application in vs 2017, the only service is a stateless service , and this service is referenced a netstandard 2.0 library . after service is started , the application throw a exception, mainly info as followed:
    "exception": "System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Could not load file or assembly 'netstandard, Version=2.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=cc7b13ffcd2ddd51' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.
    File name: 'netstandard, Version=2.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=cc7b13ffcd2ddd51'
    at Stateless1.Stateless1.d2.MoveNext()
    at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.AsyncTaskMethodBuilder.StartTStateMachine
    at Stateless1.Stateless1.RunAsync(CancellationToken cancellationToken)
    at Microsoft.ServiceFabric.Services.Runtime.StatelessService.Microsoft.ServiceFabric.Services.Runtime.IStatelessUserServiceInstance.RunAsync(CancellationToken cancellationToken)
    at Microsoft.ServiceFabric.Services.Runtime.StatelessServiceInstanceAdapter.d
    18.MoveNext()

Service Fabric Version: 2.7.198

41 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Portal support for backup and restore

Azure portal should have an option to backup and restore the Service fabric application and allow to setup timer jobs to take the backups.

Service fabric features are good if we add this feature also there wont be any issue for maintenance in future of these type of applications

39 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Add HTTP/2 support for ServiceFabric reverse proxy

We would like to enable HTTP/2 on REST APIs hosted in ServiceFabric stateless services, and reverse proxy is a nice feature for enabling service-to-service communication. However, currently HTTP/2 is not supported in reverse proxy yet.

39 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Don't make me run PowerShell in unrestricted mode

Today in order to set up a cluster or deploy code to my cluster I need to run PowerShell in unrestricted mode:

Set-ExecutionPolicy -ExecutionPolicy Unrestricted -Force -Scope CurrentUser

Not only does this make me nervous from a security standpoint, but it also appears to interfere with other things that are running PowerShell scripts. (For example, Application Insights starts throwing errors when attempting to run scripts when starting up a Cloud Service.)

Is there any way we can get around that requirement? I'd be OK enabling unrestricted mode for setting up the cluster if I could then turn it back to…

38 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Create SF services/actors targeting the .NET Core

Does VS provide the option to target the new .NET Core?

37 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Allow manifest parameter names to contain the text "Exception"

When defining overridable parameters in an ApplicationManifest.xml file and overriding them using Local.xml the deployment will fail with no obvious error message during a deployment if any of the paramters involved have a name containing the text "Exception". Please either correct this surprising behavior or provide a more visible description of the cause for the failed deployment.

For example

In ApplicationPackageRoot\ApplicationManifest.xml:

<Parameter Name="WordsWordsWordsWordsExceptionWords" DefaultValue="false" />
    <ConfigOverride Name="Config"><Settings><Section Name="WordsWordsWords"><Parameter Name="SomeOtherWords" Value="[WordsWordsWords
    WordsExceptionWords]" />

and in ApplicationParameters\Local.xml:

<Parameter Name="WordsWordsWords_WordsExceptionWords" Value="false" />

36 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Reliable priority queue

More reliable collections would be helpful. Especially useful would be a reliable priority queue. While this has multiple applications, the most obvious is to prioritize background tasks that need to be performed. Ideally, it should be possible to update priority queue entries, for example because their priority has increased.

36 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Emit number of active actors as a metric

This will help determine partition size, evaluate resource consumption and help understand utilization and granularity. It is possible to create aggregator actors to collect this information but it would be nice if this is supported natively by the runtime

35 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Support KeyVault in separate subscription to cluster

Currently the KeyVault containing the certificate used by the cluster has to be in the same subscription. If not you get the error:
    The SubscriptionId: "x" of the request must match the SubscriptionId "y" contained in the Key Vault Id.
    Forcing both to be in the same subscription makes it difficult to allow a user to have full permissions within a subscription while not giving them direct access to the certificate's private key

32 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Orchestration tooling for local development and test environments

One thing I feel lacking from what has been displayed from the current tooling around Azure Service Fabric is a way to orchestrate your services and their dependencies during local development or automated testing.

The two primary situations (for my own use-case at least) would be:

• I'm a developer that needs to do some changes in Service Fabric application "Application1". A service within this application calls upon an actor or a service "fabric:/Application2/MyServiceOrActor". If I check out "Application1", perform the changes and deploy it locally to test them, it will fail unless I also know before hand about the dependency…
    30 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Allow to override the minimum 3 nodes limit

I would like my service designed for cluster but still be able to run on 1 node since some companies dont need the cluster features. With the minimum of 3 nodes, I am forced to write another version of my application that runs as a windows service or azure webjob.

28 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. SDK support for services implemented in c++.

For high performant backend services (eg. quant + fintech), can the SDK support c++ services?

28 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Nuget package having mock objects for unit testing service fabric?

It's too difficult to write the mocks for service fabric in order to have unit testing. can you please add nuget package to have all the mocks?

26 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Provide helpful info with "Default service descriptions can not be modified as part of upgrade"

When the Start-ServiceFabricApplicationUpgrade command results into an error with "Default service descriptions can not be modified as part of upgrade.", the error message should either specify exactly what is preventing the upgrade.

The current "To allow it, set EnableDefaultServicesUpgrade to true" is not helpful at all.

26 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Custom actor state serialization

Like the custom serialization providers available in the Reliable Services, allow developers to control the serialization of actor state. For instance, encrypting the state while at rest or using alternate forms of serialization besides DataContract serializable.

26 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Add Global Exception Handling in SF same way as it is in MVC and Web API

I was trying to find out how i can handle Exception globally in Service Fabric so i think if we have option to Handle Exception Globally the way way it is in MVC and Web API

25 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Add load balancing for statless service

With Reverse proxy, we can only work with random chose of instance. It would be good if there is some load balancing strategies. For example round robin. It would be useful for small on premise clusters.

25 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Service Fabric

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base