Service Fabric

Do you have an idea, suggestion, or feedback based on your experience with Azure Service Fabric? We would love to hear from you.

Please take a few minutes to submit your feedback in one of the forums available on the right or vote up an idea submitted by another Azure Service Fabric customer. All the feedback shared in these forums are being monitored and reviewed by the Microsoft Azure Service Fabric team.

Please remember this forum is for Azure Service Fabric, and if you have feedback on other Microsoft products, services or platforms, please submit your feedback in the appropriate forum (found on the right hand side).

Thanks for your feedback – we look forward to improving your satisfaction with Azure Service Fabric

1. Add support to docker images

Add the possibility to orchestrate and use docker images

12 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Microsoft
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Create service fabric app store

I want to easily be able to extend my app by downloading free and possibly paid services that I can run inside my service fabric cluster.

11 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Fix "Object is closed" error after local cluster reset

http://stackoverflow.com/a/42232412/10245

Connect-ServiceFabricCluster : The object is closed.
    At line:1 char:1
    + Connect-ServiceFabricCluster
    + ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    + CategoryInfo : InvalidOperation: (:) [Connect-ServiceFabricCluster], FabricObjectClosedException
    + FullyQualifiedErrorId : CreateClusterConnectionErrorId,Microsoft.ServiceFabric.Powershell.ConnectCluster

11 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Rx in Service Fabrics

Any comment on the status of the initiative to bring Rx to Service Fabric ?

Bart De Smet talk: https://vimeo.com/132192255
    at the end of the talk he says it will take 6 months to release to public
    and now 2 years has passed

I am asking for the status of this project, and if it will make to the public or it's discontined for technical reasons.

11 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. About Service Fabric Cluster deployment error logging system on Azure platform

About Service Fabric Cluster deployment error logging system on Azure platform

My client and I have been repeatedly trying to deploy Service Fabric Cluster through template on Azure platform by PowerShell. There were no errors during the whole deploying process. However, after some time (around 20 minutes), the status stuck at "Waiting for nodes" on Azure portal and no other logging information could be seen in "Activity". After around an hour of deployment, there would be a message mentioning "Process Timed Out" in PowerShell console and an error saying "Provisioning State Terminal Error" would be shown in Azure portal "Activity".

11 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. 11 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Expose Config folder path for Guest executables

When deploying a guest executable, it would be great to be able to get the config folder as a variable or something that we can then pass on.

Currently, you either have to parse the folders to find the config folder, or put the config files needed in the code package folder.

11 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. While debugging, swap out services and applications without restarting the whole service fabric

Right now, if there is one minor change in a service that needs to be fixed while debugging, the entire local fabric needs to be stopped, the one change is made, then the whole fabric is restarted.

This process takes around 4-10 minutes just for small changes, but it would be great to be able to leave the untouched applications alone and only update the changed service/application, just as it is when upgrading an already deployed fabric solution

11 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Reliable Service with Azure SQL database

It would be good to have a new project template under Reliable Services framework to create a stateless service that stores backend data in Azure SQL database

11 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Ability to dynamically add/remove instances as per the Orleans framework Liveness (Reliable)

Ability to dynamically add/remove instances as per the Orleans framework Liveness (Reliable)

10 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. getting to container logs from service fabric explorer is very convoluted. I would like to see the logs withouot knowing which nodes the con

getting to container logs from service fabric explorer is very convoluted. I would like to see the logs without knowing which nodes the container is running on like in kubernetes.

10 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Warn when certificates are about to expire

We have had two total cluster collapses because of expired certificates. Once with node certs and once with reverse proxy certs. The only feasable way of recovery was a total cluster rebuild. I think Microsoft should have provided a warning email about certificates that are about to expire, and also make sure they are automatically renewed instead of just letting the cluster collapse. And in the event when the cluster has collapsed because of a certificate problem, there should have been a simple tool to recover the cluster with a new certificate. Now this process is extremely complex and error…

10 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. The ability to use tools to backup

Right now you have to write code to expose methods to start backups, or code to start backups on a schedule, or some other such thing.

Backups should be external tools provided by the infrastructure.

10 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Provide a nuget package for "FabricClient.dll"

It should be possible to run service fabric code on clients without installing the whole SDK.

10 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Allow redeploying a <3 node cluster with no changes

Today, you can deploy a 1 node SF cluster via ARM template. However, if you subsequently redeploy the same 1 node (or < 3 node) cluster (for development of course) via ARM template, it always fails with:

"code": "SingleNodeClusterUpdateNotAllowed", "message": "Single node cluster update not allowed. Updates are allowed for clusters having node count equal or greater than 3."

This is not an upgrade- nothing has changed. Every other ARM template deploy operation I've used is idempotent, but redeploying a 1 node SF template just fails.

It should detect whether the deployed ARM template would result in any unsupported changes…

10 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Allow Application Parameters to be specified when Explorer "create a new instance"

Using Explorer, if I "create an app instance" of Application Type, I need to be able to specify the string values of Parameters for that new instance (eg to have different behaviours from existing instances)

10 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Create built in automatic PKI infrastructure with rolling certificates like Docker 1.12

Docker 1.12 added built in automatic mutual certificate auth in the cluster with automatic rolling certificates. Please do something similar, this is amazing.

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Support Standalone Service Fabric cluster Visual Studio Attach Debugger

Add ability for attaching debugger to standalone service fabric cluster app in visual studio cloud explorer.

This is already supported for local and azure service fabric clusters.

Please reply if there is an alt way to attach debugger to standalone clusters.

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Reduce the seemingly random "502, 503, 504" Situations caused by Azure Fabrics

We regularly get short outages in connectivity with our Azure Websites, WebJobs and even TrafficManger protected domains (we have several handfull of these across west and north Europe). Our systems are stable -- we have verified this in our logs -- but the connectivity simply drops off with "50X errors" to Sites or WebJobs or TrafficManger-Endpoints. This happens across the board (all of our systems) so cannot be attributed to a system failure. I suspect that the Azure "Fabric" causes these frustrating hick-ups. All we can do is wait, and pray, that it will be soon over :-)

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Improve diagnostic abilities of Test-ServiceFabricApplicationPackage

Having spent days trying to figure out why I can't run my guest executable under a domain account, I noticed the usage of Test-ServiceFabricApplicationPackage in the deployment cycle.

False
    VERBOSE: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
    at System.Fabric.Management.ImageBuilder.ApplicationManifestValidator.isResourceRefValid(String resourceName, Applic
    at System.Fabric.Management.ImageBuilder.ApplicationManifestValidator.ValidateSecurityAccessPolicies(ApplicationPoli
    at System.Fabric.Management.ImageBuilder.ApplicationManifestValidator.ValidateApplicationPolicies(ApplicationTypeCon
    at System.Fabric.Management.ImageBuilder.ApplicationManifestValidator.Validate(ApplicationTypeContext applicationTyp
    at System.Fabric.Management.ImageBuilder.ApplicationProvisionOperation.ValidateApplicationType(ApplicationTypeContex
    at System.Fabric.Management.ImageBuilder.ApplicationProvisionOperation.<ParseApplicationPackageAsync>d8.MoveNext()
    --- End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown ---
    at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.ThrowForNonSuccess(Task task)
    at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task)
    at System.Fabric.Management.ImageBuilder.ApplicationProvisionOperation.<ProvisionApplicationAsync>d
    0.MoveNext()
    Test-ServiceFabricApplicationPackage : Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
    At line:1 char:2
    + Test-ServiceFabricApplicationPackage -ApplicationPackagePath 'C:\Rep ...
    +…

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Service Fabric

Categories