Service Fabric

Do you have an idea, suggestion, or feedback based on your experience with Azure Service Fabric? We would love to hear from you.

Please take a few minutes to submit your feedback in one of the forums available on the right or vote up an idea submitted by another Azure Service Fabric customer. All the feedback shared in these forums are being monitored and reviewed by the Microsoft Azure Service Fabric team.

Please remember this forum is for Azure Service Fabric, and if you have feedback on other Microsoft products, services or platforms, please submit your feedback in the appropriate forum (found on the right hand side).

Thanks for your feedback – we look forward to improving your satisfaction with Azure Service Fabric

1. Allow hiding java samples in documentation

would be great if there was a way to hide C# or Java sample-code in the documentation on docs.microsoft.com, depending on which one you are using.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Microsoft
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Choosing programming language for code blocks in Azure docs

Seeing code blocks in both C# and Java is very confusing. Please create "choose language" option.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Allow Azure Webapps to access SF Mesh networks

A common setup is to have a bunch of microservices running in a mesh, but the public facing application running as an Azure Webapp (in our case Webapps for Containers) due to all the good stuff that comes for free like HTTPS termination, deployment slots and so on. It would be great if these webapps were allowed to "join" the isolated network of SF Mesh.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Let's Encrypt certificates for Service Fabric

Do we have a support to add the Let's Encrypt certificates to the Service Fabric cluster?

I want to use Let's Encrypt certificates and automate the process of renewing them.

50 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. These powershell commands still available?

on the docs.microsoft.com, I'm still seeing this powershell cmdlet.

Send-ServiceFabricApplicationHealthReport
    Get-ServiceFabricApplicationHealth

Are these still available?

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Support "Open" Network Type on Standalone Service Fabric installation

The option for deploying with "Open" network type provides the ability to host dockerized services that use RPC communication.
    For an application to use Distributed Transactions, MS DTC should be able to communicate with the participants. DTC communication is based on RCP and is two way. For this reason, each docker application instance should be assigned a specific IP address.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Visual Studio for mac supports Service Fabric development

Visual Studio for Mac is very interesting product. However it is not supporting Service Fabric development yet. Hope It will support soon as I refer to use VS for Mac instead of Eclipse because I love .Net Core too much.

Thanks and Regards
    Duy Hoang (drunkcoding.net)

8 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Make it easy to get code coverage data from my ServiceFabric local cluster tests

MSTest has a pretty great code coverage feature. It works well for unit tests and it also works when the test launches the product through a command line (Process.Start). But, it doesn't work with local service fabric clusters.

I'd like a way to run my local service fabric service under code coverage analysis.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Mesh and Gateway into my virtual network

Hi, we have ServiceFabric Mesh Gateway able to publish app into internet. But for enterprice scenarios we need to publish app to existing vnet not directly into internet.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Make SERVICE FABRIC work!

It would be nice if SERVICE FABRIC actually worked!

I changed from Cloud-Services (web/worker roles) to ServiceFabric a few months ago, and hve not yet been able to get it to work on Azure.

Please fix it Microsoft!!!! I am paying for this incredible nonsense which is just a pile of rubbish compared to CloudServices, which just works straight out-of-the-box.

ServiceFabric is such a complicated MESS that it simply does not work:
    1) Cannot deploy anything to a Cluster
    2) Cannot see what the problem is clearly.
    3) The online explorer tool is utter garbage!
    4) The VM scale set…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Desktop explorer app - keep track of recently used URLs and Certs

ServiceFabric explorer desktop app doesn't keep track of the URLs & certs last used after WindowsUpdate automatically restarts my PC (sigh).

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. 22 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Ability to view multiple clusters

It would be more productive to be able to view multiple clusters in the same application; not opening multiple instances. i.e.: Have a tabbed interface

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. getting to container logs from service fabric explorer is very convoluted. I would like to see the logs withouot knowing which nodes the con

getting to container logs from service fabric explorer is very convoluted. I would like to see the logs without knowing which nodes the container is running on like in kubernetes.

10 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Stop charging double for Windows instances compared to Linux instances

As of 2018/08/08 Service Fabric Mesh pricing as

Container Compute Duration $0.000006/vCPU-S +
    $0.000002/Memory GB-S

Then there is "an additional software charge of $0.000006 per vCPU second for Windows instances". This is a massive 100% extra charge on top of the infrastructure charges themselves.

I've seen 3rd party vendors charge extra for Windows instances since they have to license it from Microsoft but considering it's your own product, this excessive fee feed into the negative stereotype that windows servers should be avoided.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Provide a nuget package for "FabricClient.dll"

It should be possible to run service fabric code on clients without installing the whole SDK.

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Provide easy powershell/cli scripts for certificate expiration change

I have a cluster certificate expired. I worked with tech support. Very difficult to fix. Your team should prepare such case.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Data explorer for reliable collections in stateful services and actors

Azure service fabric opens up altogether new ways for service designers to save data into reliable objects instead of necessarily using SQL Azure, Document DB or Table storage. The key limitation of using reliable objects is that the data is accessible only within the service / actor and developer must write code to expose reliable collections for viewing / managing. It would be great for the platform for provide means to browse / manage the data stored in stateful services just like it is possible for other persistent stores through OOTB tools (SSMS, Document DB document explorer, Storage Explorer) without…

230 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    10 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Make it possible to run services with Azure AD identities

It would be nice if services could be run with Azure AD identities. Currently, in Azure, only local accounts are supported whereas running SF on-premise does have support for domain identities.

Supporting this would enable scenario's like connecting to Azure AD protected Azure SQL instances.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Allow singleton services to have multiple instances per node bypassing placement constraint

Currently, if you try to span multiple instances of a singleton service that is greater than your cluster node count, you will face placement constraint warning and will have only the number of instances running with an warning in your cluster.
    The Orchestration process should ignore the Replica Exclusion Placement Constraint to allow multiple singleton services running at same node without workaround it by using partitions.
    Makes no sense to have this constraint, as the stateless we probably are not worried about losing data if the node goes down. It should have better handling for this in case your number…

96 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Service Fabric

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base