Logic Apps

Logic Apps allow developers to design workflows that articulate intent via a trigger and series of steps, each invoking an App Service API app whilst securely taking care of authentication and best practices like durable execution.
If you have any feedback or ideas on Azure Logic Apps we’d love to hear it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Integration with Application Insights

1. Logic app should report telemetry to a configurable AI instance.

2. There should be a connection and triggers to react and integrate with AI.

66 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Microsoft
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    under review  ·  3 comments  ·  Workflow runtime  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Provide action for sorting arrays and collections

There doesn't appear to be a way to sort any data in a collection/array. For example, I may retrieve a list of files from an sftp server. I would like to process those files in a particular sort order - such as filename or modified date.

61 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Workflow runtime  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Suspend and Resume of the Workflow run.

Same as the operation Cancel an work flow run(which is avialble today with Rest API or on Portal ), it would be really great and useful if we can suspend and Unsuspend/Resume a work flow run.

54 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    6 comments  ·  Workflow runtime  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Null check keyword

I'd like a keyword to check for a null value inside your message. I have found a way to hack together the current keywords to make something like this: @equals(coalesce(triggerBody()?.prop, 'Fallback42'), 'Fallback42'). But an isNull keyword would be a lot better.

49 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Workflow runtime  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Native Redis Cache support

I'd like to see native support for Redis Cache in workflow language or in a connector. Native support would be ideal. Looking for ways to eliminate intensive lookups during dynamic routing scenarios.

44 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. 38 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    5 comments  ·  Workflow runtime  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

For load balancing or for failover of Logic Apps with request endpoints we recommend using API Management and making the Logic App an API operation. API Management has first class integration with Logic Apps to make it really easy to add a Logic App as a new API operation and API-M has built-in failover capabilities along with custom policies.

7. Resubmit with resubmit-flag

It would be useful to know if the Logic App run was initiated by a user resubmitting. Currently, with a peek-lock Logic App, the status is always failure on resubmitted runs because the message doesn't exist to complete. If I could know if it was resubmitted I wouldn't try to complete the message.

22 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Workflow runtime  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Create JSON expressions / linq capabilities

A big part of data flowing through the logic app is with JSON. I want to run complex expressions on array or collections that may be returned by a previous action. FilterArray is a bit too simplistic

20 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    5 comments  ·  Workflow runtime  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Timer Trigger CRON Scheduling

As part of the existing timer trigger it would be great if the interval could be set via CRON expressions, similar to how you allow this with Azure Functions.

For example, I have some scenarios when I want a Logic App to execute once per working day (Monday to Friday here) at 9am

Functions ref: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/azure-functions/functions-bindings-timer

18 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Exponential polling for queue/topics

Currently Logic app doesn't support exponential polling for azure queue and topics. due to this as a customer I would end up paying more when there is message comes on queue very sprodically. “Check service bus queue every 15 seconds, but exponentially backoff until a maximum of 10 minutes”

8 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Add Type Checking functions like documentDb has

For conditionals it would be very useful to have type checking functions, specifically is_defined when you have irregular data.

See: https://azure.microsoft.com/en-us/blog/new-documentdb-sql-keywords-operators-and-functions/

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Expose loops iteration number

During any sort of loop (spliton, foreach, until, etc) it would be great to be able to get the iteration number for the loop.

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Access to client certificate sent in HTTPS trigger

Get access to client certificate sent with HTTPD request to HTTP trigger - for validation purposes (the validation can be done using Azure function, but the certificate data must be accessible in HTTP trigger)

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Should have OOB support for expressions/functions like split(), notequal(,) notnull(), isnull(), isint(),isfloat() etc.

I would love to see few basic expressions supported OOB.

Should have OOB support for expressions/functions like split(), notequal(,) notnull(), isnull(), isint(),isdouble()/isfloat() etc.

Though there are workarounds to handle these situations, they make code more complex to understand (increase complexity & maintainability).
    Also this adds flexibility and gives power to user to choose stuff of his choice. One may argue to use azure functions but then, users need to create such stuff on their own (or user 3rd party stuff, if supported) but having OOB support for basic stuff adds more power, flexibility, improves customer satisfaction & boost technology adoption.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  0 comments  ·  Workflow runtime  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Offer Cooperative Cancellation

Support for cooperative cancellation would ease graceful and highly reactive shutdown. It should allow to cancel out of processing and waits.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Prevent repeated items from being propagated

If items in a "repeatItems" are skipped because a condition isn't meant, they should be left out of future inputs. Otherwise, all subsequent conditions need to check the previous step to make sure it succeeded.

There may be scenarios where the number of skipped items needs to be reported, but after that, the items just tag along. So all subsequent steps need to check for success even though they may have failed 10 steps ago.

Proposed solution: Introduce a filter step that reduces the array based on a condition.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Short Circuit Boolean Logic

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Short-circuit_evaluation

Allowing boolean logic to be short circuited would streamline input condition checking without requiring multiple nested conditional steps.

The specific situation I have is that I want to compare two string values, but in some cases a null may be passed in. Consequently, this doesn't work:

and(not(empty(xx)),greaterOrEquals(xx, yy))

(Note that using ?. / ?[ operators don't help in this case.)

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Link Extractor

Extract HTML LInks and Anchor tags from a given text.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Logic Apps

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base