Logic Apps

Logic Apps allow developers to design workflows that articulate intent via a trigger and series of steps, each invoking an App Service API app whilst securely taking care of authentication and best practices like durable execution.
If you have any feedback or ideas on Azure Logic Apps we’d love to hear it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Allow to export Logic App with parameters to be set with ARM Template parameters to ease CI/CD

Visual Studio Tools for Logic Apps allows you to download the ARM Template for a Logic App. This is handy. However, it would be even better to allow you to optionally add ARM Template parameters for every Logic App parameter so that Logic App parameters are set using ARM Template parameters.

This could help a lot to expedite creating ARM Templates for Logic Apps.

372 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Microsoft
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    completed  ·  4 comments  ·  Management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Sanitize Run History Content

Many authentication method used to connect to 3rd party system, cannot be passed as part of Authentication Header.
    Need a feature so that we can sanitize the content of Run History as required, so that all the developers/operation folks don't have access to credentials in plain text.

62 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    5 comments  ·  Management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Improve Logic Apps Management API to search for specific runs

Extend the search filter of the List WorkflowRuns in the Management API, to enable search on outputs, correlationId and trackingId. Currently only state and time are supported, which doesn't leave that many options to query. This will allow easy creation of custom dashboards, that can monitor messages cross Logic Apps.

61 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Provide authoring history

Currently you can automate your deployments to Logic Apps or author the flow in the browser.

Unfortunately it's hard to keep track of what changed the flow and when. It would be nice to have a full authoring history that expose at least the following information:
    - List of contributers and whom edited it last time
    - What has changed between each new save
    - Possibility to rollback to a certain version
    - Certain version number or unique identiefier
    - Capability to add a small description when saving to describe the change

21 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Logic Apps now supports versioning of Logic Apps. Every Logic App saved has a version id, you can promote any version to be the active version, you can see each version of the saved logic apps, and ARM provides auditing capabilities so you can see who has made any changes.
    Note that Logic Apps tooling for Visual Studio provides source control integration which addresses many of these asks as well.

5. Is the restriction of IP is only for callback URL not for management API?

Hi,
    I have restricted call to trigger in LogicApp for Specific IP ranges.
    When i call to trigger from machine(IP of this machine is not allowed in caller IP address ranges) via trigger callback URL then i am getting proper error response
    {
    "error": {

"code": "AuthorizationFailed",

"message": "The client IP address 'xx.xx.xx.xx' is not in the allowed caller IP address ranges specified in the workflow access control configuration."

}
    }
    But when i call to trigger with Management API from same machine(IP of this machine is not allowed in caller IP address ranges) then i am able to call…

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Allow a run of a logic app to be restarted or retried

Sometimes a run fails, and it's not the fault of the logic app, but a fault in an API. A fix gets deployed to the API. If the logic app is event driven say from a service bus queue, the event is lost forever, and thus the data is gone.

A simple retry or restart button for a failed run would result in a success, and no data loss!

The current work around is making an additional trigger (manual), and fetching out the inputs and resending them to the app via a manual trigger. Which is a tedious task, if…

8 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    completed  ·  Kevin Lam responded

Logic Apps supports Resubmit. This can be done via the portal by selecting a particular Logic App run and clicking on the Resubmit button.

7. In the portal allow the All Runs blade to filter on status not just Id

This will help diagnose issues in the logic app more easily for logic apps that run thousands of times a day.

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Add App Service Monitoring capabilities for on premise Systems Centre Operations Manager

A number of my clients want to leverage SCOM to monitor and manage their App Service components (and everything in Azure) alongside the existing on prem services they manage in a single place.

The most recent pack has some features but no support for App Services

http://social.technet.microsoft.com/wiki/contents/articles/29244.system-center-management-pack-for-windows-azure-fabric-october-2014-release.aspx

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. 5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    completed  ·  Kevin Lam responded

Logic Apps portal blade has a Refresh button that refreshes runs and triggers.

10. Versioning of Logic Apps

Would be great if I could check previous versions of my logic App (last 20 changes or so ..).

Multiple times I end up to have multiple browser tabs opening to the same logic app code and incidentally I click save in the wrong tab causing a save of old code :).

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Can't search older workflow runs from the search box under "All Runs" blade

We wan't to search an older run using workflow ID on the "All Runs" blade, where we have a search box that accepts the workflow ID. If, there are quite a number of runs for a work flow, the required run never appears in the search results, even after clicking Load More link any number of times.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Publish log files and logs so that it can be accessed by PowerBI

Being able to view logs, errors and similar in Power BI.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Logic Apps tracking info can be configured to be pushed either to a storage account, event hub or Log Analytics where you can get rich views on your telemetry.
    Select Metrics → Diagnostic Settings → (enable by turning on) → select the diagnostic destinations.

• Don't see your idea?

Logic Apps

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base