Logic Apps

Logic Apps allow developers to design workflows that articulate intent via a trigger and series of steps, each invoking an App Service API app whilst securely taking care of authentication and best practices like durable execution.
If you have any feedback or ideas on Azure Logic Apps we’d love to hear it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Virutal network Connectivity Support

When Logic Apps was part of the App Service Plan we could use an ASE environment to put api's inside virtual network, this network could then be connected to OnPrem via VPN/Express Route giving great access to OnPrem resources.

This is still possible but as we are moving forward with Managed API's this functionality will be lost unless we create custom API's and deploy them in the ASE and use them in our Logic Apps. Since this will be custom we can't reuse the standard out of box Mangaged API's and that is not ideal.

I would like to have…

146 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Microsoft
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    9 comments  ·  Enterprise Integration  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. On-Premise Data Gateway support for multiple subscriptions under a single Azure account

I'm told my the Azure support team that the On-premise Data Gateway does not support multiple subscriptions under a single Azure account. In practice this means that when you try and create a connection gateway in the Azure portal, the name of the gateway does not appear in the "Installation name" dropdown...

55 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    completed  ·  8 comments  ·  Enterprise Integration  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. 36 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Enterprise Integration  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Lightweight mapping (of Json or XML) using either XSLT or XQuery without the BizTalk (and all the legacy Visual Studio) dependencies

Far too much overhead in creating a map file - it would be nice to have a more lightweight mapping connector not tied to BizTalk services so I could just upload my XSLT or XQuery transforms which I could author wherever I want.

The main issue with the BizTalk Services dependencies is that I now need to spin up a new VM, download an .ISO image of an older version of Visual Studio from MSDN, download and install all the SDK stuff (and all the dependencies associated) and all just to author a map! And if anything breaks in between…

22 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Enterprise Integration  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    completed  ·  Kevin Lam responded

Logic Apps supports the Transform XML action that allows you to reference an XLST.

5. Ordered delivery

Ordered delivery is built into Biztalk and many customers need this ability. Logic apps do not address this important feature on Enterprise Integration scenarios, but maybe they should.

19 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Enterprise Integration  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Logic Apps supports ordered delivery with connectors that respect order like Service Bus. You can either read messages from a regular queue with the trigger configured as a singleInstance or use Service Bus Sessions which provides correlated in-order delivery.

6. BizTalk Transform Service API App - Support JSON Input and Output

When dealing with REST API Apps that return JSON and wanting to use the BizTalk Transform Service API App you have to first convert XML to JSON using the JSON Encoder API App. It would be great if the BizTalk Transform Service API App has the ability to receive JSON and return JSON (configure input as XML or JSON and output as XML and JSON). Inside the BizTalk Transform Service API App you would then perform the exact same logic as the JSON Encoder API App when the input is JSON and/or the output is JSON. This would reduce 2…

19 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Enterprise Integration  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    completed  ·  Kevin Lam responded

You can use the built in JSON function within the property of the connector that you are calling so you can be explicit about the conversion but not require calling another connector to convert it.

7. add EDIFACT Connector

BizTalk/Enterprise Integration related features

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Enterprise Integration  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Integration account, max length of partner identity

Hi, according to specification (EDIFACT), partner qualifier can be up to 35 characters long. Integration account now allows only 15 characters.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    completed  ·  0 comments  ·  Enterprise Integration  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Using XML message standards

Many business sectors use a common XML Message dialect to exchange information. Think of UBL, a sector specific ebXML standard or even flat file EDI. Azure App Services seems to be a light-weight protocol using things like Web API’s, REST and Json. Is there room for verbose XML standards in the Azure App Services framework? I hope there is, because XML is widely used in commercial environments.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Logic Apps B2B OMS Portal - Partners

The partners view in OMS portal displays only host partners. I can not see any guest partners in the list. In fact it has to be other way around. Because users will be interested to know status based on guest partners.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Enterprise Integration  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Logic Apps

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base