Logic Apps

Logic Apps allow developers to design workflows that articulate intent via a trigger and series of steps, each invoking an App Service API app whilst securely taking care of authentication and best practices like durable execution.
If you have any feedback or ideas on Azure Logic Apps we’d love to hear it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Designer in Visual Studio

The azure portal designer feels limited in functionality and can only handle simpler pipeline scenarios before becoming unusable.

A designer in visual studio would offer a richer design experience and not be technically constrained by html 5 and JavaScript. It would also allow much better design time validation.

I think the portal should be for simple scenarios and the VS designer for the real world, source controlled and complex scenarios.

324 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Microsoft
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    2 comments  ·  Designer  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Disable/Enable an 'Action' in the LogicApp workflow.

During building & testing a LogicApps, I need to skip certain actions to verify behavior of later actions independently in the flow. Currently, I need to remove the action to perform such task (which is not very productive).
    Providing enable/disable feature for action(s) will help in this scenario.

Also, in case, where action needs some input from previous action then feature like "disabling with default output" (mock) will be a great help during development phase.

269 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    4 comments  ·  Designer  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Creation and modification of variables

The ability to create and modify variables such as strings, datetime, Booleans, Integers etc would be very welcome.

Additionally being able to modify these such as adding X hours to a datetime var or editing a string with regex.

These additions would allow for much more complex logic for Flow and allow for enterprise level logic to be created.

106 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    completed  ·  4 comments  ·  Designer  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Intellisense / help on WDL expressions

As described in my blog post http://blog.integrationsoftware.se/azure-app-services-series-finding-1-problems-using-workflow-definition-language-in-logic-apps/ one of the problems we see using WDL expressions in the current interface is the basically non-existing help of how to use WDL. We get some help when choosing what input to send into an action, we see a drop down with all available action result items. But let's say we want to use a condition - there is no dropdown for using an action's status, e.g. @actions('youraction').status to use in a condition such as @equals(actions('youraction').status,'FAILED').

There is no help about errors returned by actions/triggers which can be used as an input for…

104 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Designer  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Ability to drag and rearrange connectors

I would like to be able to drag and rearrange connectors in the visual design surface in the browser. I assume I could do this in the code view manually, although I didn't try at the time, but a simple drag would be nice. I'm really looking forward to seeing where this is going, and looks similar to IFTT. Thanks!

73 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Designer  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Allows multiple rules within a Condition block

As of now, we are conditions block is very basic, it just allows user to specify one condition. There can be following additions to make it powerful
    1. Ability to add more rules
    2. Ability to define custom rule calculation logic (using AND OR)
    3. Furthermore, a formula script language can be provided wherein flow designer can specify custom formula for condition evaluation

53 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Designer  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Please make the LA tools for VS support parameterized expressions.

Please make the LA tools for VS support parameterized expressions. Not only for the Azure Functions and a couple of other elements as it is now, but for SharePoint URLs and GUIDs, Service Bus Queue/Topics - everything. This is a serious road block for using Logic Apps for any more less serious project where you have to rely on source control, follow processes like moving apps from one env. to another (DEV-TEST-PROD), etc..

48 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    4 comments  ·  Designer  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Be able to draw LOGIC connectors

This is supposed to be able to a workflow solution, in a workflow you normally have stages, you have IF THEN; you have also loops through a collection of results from another step.

I didnt see this on the web designer and I dont know if that can be done with the json editor, if its possible then the visual designer is needed here.

41 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    completed  ·  Kevin Lam responded

Logic Apps supports If-then conditions, foreach and do-until loops.

9. Please make the cards (or shapes) collapsable

For a simple (IFTTT-style) workflow, you typically have 3-4 shapes or cards. But when we need to start building more complex workflows (including exception handling, routing, correlation), we'll easily end up with more cards (unless if we want to make our micro services monoliths again). Therefore, it would be nice if cards can be collapsed, so that we have a higher level of flow overview on the screen, instead of the big boxes.

37 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Add Branching Logic to Flow

Branching logic would allow multiple workflow processes to run simultaneously. Based on the current functionality it would be very difficult to use Flow for any complex approval scenarios. Right now it's limited to a very linear path with conditions. I would love to have options like: For Each, Conditional Branch, Filter, Loop.

18 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Designer  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Logic App Run: Ability to "View Called workflow runs"

If a logic apps call a nested workflow, if we access to Logic app runs we only see that a Manual Trigger was executed and end Succeeded and the duration. It would be great to have the ability to "View Call workflow runs" to show me the runs associated with this "father" run and also access to the the nested/child flow run. Something similar to "View Called Orchestration" in the "BizTalk Orchestration Debugger"

15 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Distinguish multiple instances of the same actions

If I have two instances of the same action (eg. "FTP Connector"), once I add it to the designer, I can no longer tell what FTP Connector is actually connected. Since the server is set when the API app is created, there's no way to tell which FTP is on the design surface.

In the attached image, there are two separate instances of "FTP Connector" that are pointing to different servers.

13 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Fix Logic App designer in Safari

The Logic App designer is pretty broken in Safari currently (Safari 8.0.5 on OS X 10.10.3).

The buttons next to fields (labelled "...") that should show the input options don't work; they do nothing when clicked.

13 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Better exception handling within LogicApps

Logic apps should have a nice exception handling feature so that enterprise applications and integrations can move towards it. With the lack of rich exception handling as we have in BizTalk, often its a drawback when moving critical applications/workflows to cloud

12 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Prompt to save workflow when adding a new API App

Just a small usability request here but something that has burned me a few times. I will be in the middle of composing a Logic App Workflow. I drag my inbound connection, configure it , click the green checkbox and then go to add a new API App. I then visit the Marketplace, select my API App and then get redirected back to my home view in the portal. I then go back to my Logic App and lose an unsaved configuration.

Would be nice to have a pop-up or regular saving like OneNote.

11 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    completed  ·  1 comment  ·  Designer  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Logic app V2 :All custom api apps within a subscription should be accessable in the logic app

Please make all custom api apps that reside in different resource groups but belong to same subscription accessible in the Logic app designer.

10 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Enable creating parallel flows in designer

Parallel flows can be implemented in code view, but it would be nice if adding a parallel flow could be done in designer (for example an option in Add-button More choices?)

8 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    completed  ·  1 comment  ·  Designer  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Allow several actions in loop constructs

It would be convenient to be able to add several actions in the body of the for each and do until loops.
    Whilst we can of course call child workflows, this limitation seems quite pointless and makes managing the logic apps harder

8 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Insert action between actions

I would like to be able to edit a flow and insert actions in the middle of a chain. The Logic App I've made first just had a trigger and then sent the triggers body away through an HTTP action to test that it worked. Now that I got that up and running I would like to add some validation and transofrmation between those two actions but that's not possible, then I have to remove the last step and add the new steps and then recreate the last one.
    This might now be such a big deal in this case…

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Allow HTTP + Swagger to use a file or text box

We are using API Management to host our APIs, currently it does not export the swagger via a URL, you can download the swagger so it would be good for the logic app to be able to consume the swagger from something besides a URL.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    completed  ·  Kevin Lam responded

Logic Apps now has native support for API Management API operations that automatically pulls in the swagger.

← Previous 1
  • Don't see your idea?

Logic Apps

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base