How can we improve Microsoft Azure Logic Apps?

Can we get an ability to have simple code expressions in Logic Apps?

Question on the logic apps expression language:

One of the things that really can be a showstopper for logic apps, is the fact that the language is really limited. Just taking an example here. An API app would return a list of objects that include a datetime.
Then I want to loop through all the items and only send information out if that date is on a week-day. This can be done by an expression, but the expression language does not allow me to use custom code and does not have an implementation for this specific function. (and there are much more of those functions I can think of).

I obviously don't want to write a DateTime Api App, as that would be total overkill (and expensive at execution time).

Is there some plan to have .NET expressions in Logic Apps as well (something like: @userDefined(System.String.Format())). Or is there another option (assuming I cannot change the API app I'm using) one can think of?

165 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Sam VanhoutteSam Vanhoutte shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

3 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Sam VanhoutteSam Vanhoutte commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Honestly, this still is not what I was hoping for. I don't want to configure extra dependencies I have to monitor and deploy, etc. Just to do a simple check (like weekday, etc)

• Wagner SilveiraWagner Silveira commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

With the ability of using simple code expressions, would also be good to have the ability to handle variables within a logic app.

Feedback and Knowledge Base