How can we improve Microsoft Azure Logic Apps?

Add trigger for Azure File Storage

The trigger should fire when there is a file added or modified on a azure fileshare.

You should be able to configure:
- Folder to check
- Pattern for filename (e.g.: *.csv)

306 votes
Vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: oidc
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
Matthias Fay shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

15 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: oidc
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Scott Edwards commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is needed. I decrypt files to the Azure file storage for processing, and I have another Logic App that needs to trigger on that file. While I can use the On-Prem gateway in the processor Logic App as my Trigger, it would be helpful not to have to use the Gateway or a third party file store like Dropbox. Not having this trigger for the Azure File Storage seems like a miss to me.

• Dan commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

3 years and this feature is still under exam. Unbelievable...

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Such a thing would be terrific .... when a file (particular file pattern) using say AzCopy, is added to a configured AZ-File Storage, the next action should be possible

• Ganesh Majeti commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

@MatthewFarmer is going to reopen this feedback item, which is declined by error.. per my conversation on twitter

• Thomas Johnson commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I just researched the "suggested" solution of using Event Grid. Currently File Storage doesn't support events! So you cannot use Event Grid

• Thomas Johnson commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

What is EVENT GRID? I don't have time to learn another tool. I need this now and it's not available.

• Sanjay commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

How can it be missed while they didn't miss many third party file systems?

I am not sure what logic missed this feature from logic apps. I Have to boil down to recurrence trigger which is a waste of resources in this scenario. Other alternative is to use OneDrive but Azure File Storage makes more sense.

How in the world did this get missed? Is there another way to do this in the meantime?

Feedback and Knowledge Base