How can we improve Microsoft Azure Logic Apps?

Variable initialization inside a scope

I tried to add a scope with intention of initializing all the required variables in my logic app. It turns out that we cant use the variable initialization action inside a scope.

I would like to see ability to
1> Define variables within a scope
2>To be able to say if this is a local or a global variable.

This helps in many scenarios
1> grouping all variable initialization into single scope- logic app looks tidier
2> We might want to define few local variables.

Thanks
Srini

3 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    srinivasa mahendrakarsrinivasa mahendrakar shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

2 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • srinivasa mahendrakarsrinivasa mahendrakar commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hi Derek,

Thanks for the response. Allowing multiple variable initialization in single action does help. Scopes will be used more and more as a mechanism to group various actions. We do need the ability to initialize variables inside. Its great if this restriction can be removed.

And to the second point, when you have large Logic apps (specially in B2B processing) , its good if we have scoping for variables.

• Derek LiDerek Li commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We plan to allow the initialization of multiple variables in a single action, which would solve your concern #1.

Can you provide more detail and scenarios where you must have a local variable instead of a global one to help us understand and prioritize #2?

Feedback and Knowledge Base