Logic Apps

Logic Apps allow developers to design workflows that articulate intent via a trigger and series of steps, each invoking an App Service API app whilst securely taking care of authentication and best practices like durable execution.
If you have any feedback or ideas on Azure Logic Apps we’d love to hear it.

How can we improve Microsoft Azure Logic Apps?

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Deploy Logic Apps anywhere I choose

Allow customers to run Logic Apps anywhere they wish, including Azure Stack, on-premises or on the edge.

Renamed from: Bring the power of Logic apps in Azure Stack: Bring the power of Logic apps in Azure stack to automate enterprises internal complex processes and integration using easy orchestration.

304 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: oidc
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    planned  ·  14 comments  ·  Management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Integration with AWS services.

Create connectors to allow integration with AWS services.
    Our company is basically moving towards AWS although we still using Azure. AWS currently lacks of any decent Enterprise Integration and would be great if Logic Apps could fill that blank and actually benefit from it.

96 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    planned  ·  5 comments  ·  Connectors  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Sanitize Run History Content

Many authentication method used to connect to 3rd party system, cannot be passed as part of Authentication Header.
    Need a feature so that we can sanitize the content of Run History as required, so that all the developers/operation folks don't have access to credentials in plain text.

59 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    4 comments  ·  Management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Authentication information visible for a Logic App run

I am calling an AAD authenticated web app through one of my logic apps. I didn't face any issue while making request from logic app to the web app.
    But, the authentication information that I passed to the web app from logic app gets visible when navigating to the Outputs Link on all Logic App run blade. Please see the attachment for details.

I would like those sensitive information to be displayed as *sanitized*, which is the case with outputs link available on an action blade.

25 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Workflow runtime  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. SharePoint Online actions don't display Choice and drop-down site columns

When using the SharePoint Online actions to update SharePoint list items, the choice and drop-down site columns are not showing to update.

Can you please expose these site columns in the action so they can be updated?

25 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    planned  ·  2 comments  ·  Connectors  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Allow processing of SQL rows into one object/file/email

Currently a dataset from SQL can only result in an action per row ie creates a file per row, add option to iterate/loop through the dataset to create a single file/email/report

19 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    planned  ·  1 comment  ·  Designer  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Paypal, Netteller PaymenGateways Connectors

It should be a great demand for Connectors for various Payment solutions

15 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    planned  ·  1 comment  ·  Connectors  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Get updates (recent changes) from OneNote into Microsoft Flow

It would be great if changes in OneNote are accessible for Microsoft Flow! Based on a change in a Notebook or Section trigger an action in Flow like alerting via email or push notification.

13 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Connectors  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. How can we resubmit only particular action in LogicApp?

Hi,

It would be good if we can resubmit particular action in LogicApp, obviously the actions which are dependent on resubmitted actions will also get resubmitted.

12 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Add detailed documentation on Dynamic CRM Connector

Need proper documentation on every functionality of the connector and clear examples for Complex requirements like associating entities, finding lookup value etc.

12 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Validate input received in http trigger

You can define the json schema of the input in the http trigger.

It would be very convenient if it were possible to for the trigger or the logic app to validate and possibly reject invalid input. This would help make the app much more robust

11 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Connectors  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Inline Azure Function with coding UI

I want to have the Azure Function editor/experience inline or inside the Logic Apps designer. I choose which language. You then deploy it while I'm in the designer and I can choose which RG but you keep me in the same region.

I (the user) don't need to even know that it's a Function App

10 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Designer  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Allow for Draft/Prod versions

Just like Azure Automation Runbooks, I want the ability to have a draft version (same logic app) and a production version.

When I click on "Promote" to production, you make the Prod version a copy of the Draft one.

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Versioning of Logic Apps for SxS deployments

Enable the versioning and execution of specific version of a logic app to enable SxS execution. Goal is to flight changes for different scenarios and for 'test in production' using canary tenants.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Workflow runtime  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Database (or Cache) lookup functoids for the mapper with the EIP Tools.

The mapping tool that is currently supplied with the "Microsoft Azure Logic Apps Enterprise Integration Tools for Visual Studio 2015 2.0" doesn't have any functoids** to do code lookups (for code set or reference data translations) during transformations.

Can a functoid (or other option) please be made available to lookup values from an externally maintained data source such as a database or cache?

** Similar to what is available in the [On-prem] BizTalk mapping tool where it provides DB functoids and/or the possibility to call out to a external assemble (such as a C# helper class) which provides a lookup…

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Enterprise Integration  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Allow for looping more than 1000 times

ForEach and Split-On functions only allow looping up to 1000 times. Please allow this limit to be increased.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. template to email office tasks daily

Create a template to email office tasks daily

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Connectors  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Servicebus Connector - Make it easier to manage properties

Some (but not all) properties managed by the transport, known elsewhere as BrokerProperties or BrokeredMessage properties, are added into the Body.Properties object along with customer/custom properties - things like DeliveryCount, LockToken, SequenceNumber etc.

I propose that all Broker-control properties are either kept at the Body level, or given their own wrapper object.

The way it is now makes it difficult to proxy properties through logic as we cannot simply:
    "Properties": "@triggerBody()['Properties']"

Instead they must be set explicitly:
    "Properties": {
    "myProperty": "@triggerBody()?['myProperty']"
    etc
    }
    which of course is a very fragile and inflexible approach.

(Ok, the first way does work, but…

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    planned  ·  0 comments  ·  Connectors  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. ARM template for LogicApp able to use dynamic connectors

Would it be possible to create new connectors using ARM template and use them to implement logic apps connections including logic app itself from ARM template, if source folder to watch is in Dropbox account, and destination is FTP.

For example: I already have a connection object in Azure apps, but only folder path to watch needs to be changed from the template as extending pre-existing connection account. Say, I have a connection source to my Dropbox account manually created to '/' folder and any future logic apps via ARM template could utilize this connection object, but the folder watch…

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Runtime access to outputs of previous action

Currently the inputs for actions can be specified only by hard references to named actions or triggers. This severely limits the value of block structures (if-else and scope), since these structure fundamentally allow the plan of executed actions to change at runtime.

Use case 1:
    Consider and if/else with an action in each branch that, say obtains data from a different location. There is no way for a subsequent action to refer to the data obtained from the if/else block.

Use case 2:
    Consider several actions wrapped in a scope, with a dependent "cleanup" action that is started if the…

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Workflow runtime  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thanks – item 2 should work now (and we also have an @result() function to get the result of a scope, and item 1 should work too but both require using the workflow definition language. Marking as planned until docs get published on #2 specifically.

← Previous 1
  • Don't see your idea?

Logic Apps

Feedback and Knowledge Base