Logic Apps

Logic Apps allow developers to design workflows that articulate intent via a trigger and series of steps, each invoking an App Service API app whilst securely taking care of authentication and best practices like durable execution.
If you have any feedback or ideas on Azure Logic Apps we’d love to hear it.

How can we improve Microsoft Azure Logic Apps?

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. AS2 Decode won't fail when message is not signed and encrypted

I've configured an AS2 agreement with receive options : "Message should be signed" and "Message should be encrypted" set to true.

When I post a message without signing and encrypting the request, the AS2 Decode action is suceeded but I thought this should be failed.

In the action output, I can see the following properties :

"dispositionType": "failed/failure: decoder-party-signing-configuration-error Error: Configuration error. The message signing doesn't match the expected value. Contact the sending partner and verify signature use. AS2-From:\"***\" AS2-To:\"yyy\" MessageID:\"zzz\""

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: oidc
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. SharePoint Online - When an existing item is modified - MMS Column Failure - Bad Gateway

Steps to reproduce:

1) Add 'When an existing item is modified' trigger to a new Logic App or Flow.

2) Target list has MMS column where internal name is different to display name - a display name with spaces ('Company Name'), and an internal name without ('CompanyName').

Result: On run, Bad Gateway: status 502, message "Unknown Error", source "<URL>/_api/SP.APIHubConnector.GetUpdatedListItems".

Does not appear to happen with other types of field (e.g. text, lookup). Does not seem to depend upon term set title.

Workaround: create columns where the internal name and display name are the same.

Why this is bad: it encourages…

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. List Blobs

"List Blobs" Action cannot find the blobs in the mentioned Container.
    The blobs do exist in the Cointaner.Seems like a bug as it has worked fine till Dec 2017.

"body": {
    "value": [],

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Logic Apps AS2 encoding incorrectly creates a base64 MIME part without line breaks

A signed AS2 message, generated by the Logic Apps AS2 encode action, looks something like:

Content-Type: multipart/signed;
    protocol="application/pkcs7-signature";
    micalg="sha1";
    boundary="_48c45571-a0d0-49cc-b980-72e58e45eb46_"

--_48c45571-a0d0-49cc-b980-72e58e45eb46_
    Content-Type: text/plain; charset=utf-8
    Content-Transfer-Encoding: binary
    Content-Description: body

<test/>
    --_48c45571-a0d0-49cc-b980-72e58e45eb46_
    Content-Type: application/pkcs7-signature;
    name="smime.p7s"
    Content-Transfer-Encoding: base64

[extremely long base64 string]

--_48c45571-a0d0-49cc-b980-72e58e45eb46_--
    The trouble I am having is that I am trying to verify the signature of this message using OpenSSL and it is rightly rejecting it, because [extremely long base64 string] does not have line breaks as per the S/MIME standard. RFC1341 is unequivocal; it states:

The output stream (encoded bytes) must be represented in lines of no more than 76…

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Add pay as you go connector APIs rather than rate limiting

It would be very useful to have the option to exceed the current limits set for some of the connectors, such as sending messages to a queue one by one can very quickly hit the limit.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Connectors  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Depending on the connector rate limiting can either protect the backend from abuse or the shared application resource to the service from being taken by a single user. Rate limits are re-evaluated based on usage and scale needs. If there’s a particular connector that is not meeting your throughput requirements let us know. We also recommend using the Circuit Breaker enterprise integration pattern for handling endpoint rate limits.

6. Foreach - Loganalytics Tracking - Not all worflow actions are getting tracked

Hi,

I had implemeted trackedproperties inside one of my logic apps. The tracked properties was set on a create blob action which is within a foreach. I found that if i set the foreach to execute in parallel, I could only find a very small subset of the tracked properties within my OMS Portal. However if I set the foreach to execute in sequence, I can find all the tracked properties appearing in OMS Portal. I think when the logic apps engine execute actions in parallel, all the workflowruntime tracking are not getting captured in LogAnalytics.

Regards

Shankar

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Logic app deployed by Windows power shell which is not woking, If I create manually it is working (I have used SFTP connector in Logic App)

Logic app deployed by Windows power shell which is not woking, If I create manually it is working (I have used SFTP connector in Logic App)

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Eliminate extra escape character in AS2's Content-Type

Encoding and decoding of AS2 Connecter adds extra escape character in Content-Type of OutboundHeaders and OutgoingMdn to OutboundHeaders

For example, it is not usually [\ t] like [\ tboundary = \ "~ \"] but is usually a space?

Or, depending on the partner's AS 2 software, this can not be interpreted and it becomes an error

Please fix it as soon as possible.

I'm sorry if I am funny because I use automatic translations

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. BUG: Dynamics 365 LogicApp Connector Errors when used with Case Entity with SLA Enabled

I am using Dynamics 365 Connector as a Trigger when a new Case (incident) record is created within Dynamics 365. However, I have found that since I enabled 'SLAs' on my Case Entity (Standard Feature) my Logic App Trigger now errors due to the content of the SLA attribute (EntityReference).

ERROR:
    {
    "statusCode": 400,
    "headers": {
    "Timing-Allow-Origin": "*",
    "Cache-Control": "private",
    "Date": "Mon, 25 Sep 2017 16:42:13 GMT",
    "Set-Cookie": "ARRAffinity=430fde32acf620e94447c7e2e59908644804523c09f9a09b2273e2becc212387;Path=/;HttpOnly;Domain=dynamicscrmonline-logic-cp-uksouth.logic-ase-uksouth.p.azurewebsites.net",
    "Server": "Microsoft-IIS/8.0,Microsoft-HTTPAPI/2.0",
    "X-AspNet-Version": "4.0.30319",
    "X-Powered-By": "ASP.NET",
    "Content-Length": "281",
    "Content-Type": "application/json; charset=utf-8"
    },
    "body": {
    "status": 400,
    "message": "The property name '_slainvokedid_value@Microsoft.Dynamics.CRM.lookuplogicalname' is invalid; property names must not contain any…

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Custom Connector and basic authentication

Hello,

I'm trying to call an API hosted internally from Logic App. I use the On Prem Data Gateway. However, it seems there is a bug with the Basic Authentication.

I found that the password is replaced in the Authorization header by "HIDDEN". Username is sent encoded as expected.

for instance
    username = appLogicApp
    password = test-2018
    We should have
    Authorization: Basic YXBwTG9naWNBcHA6dGVzdC0yMDE4

We get :
    Authorization: Basic YXBwTG9naWNBcHA6SElEREVO

I don't know if the problem is in the On Prem Gateway or directly in the custom connector...

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Getting relative URL of file content instead of Base64 data from LogicApp Salesforce Connector

I want to implement the scenario using LogicApp that whenever the new Attachment will be uploaded to Salesforce then this attachment should get copied to SharePoint document library.

I am using Salesforce trigger(When_a_record_is_created) in LogicApp, Salesforce Object type is Attachments, so whenever the new attachments is uploaded in salesforce then LogicApp will be triggered.

I am using the SharePoint action(Create File in SharePoint). The parameters of the create file action are File Name, File Content, Folder Path.
    I have selected name and body property of the trigger in File Name and File Content parameters of Create File action respectively.

When…

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Retry doesn't work with SFTP connector

There is something called RetryPolicy available for logic app actions to retry the actions in case of intermittent connectivity issues. I tried this option with an SFTP connector but was not able to find a scenario where the retry would happen.

My intention was to make sure the SFTP file upload action would retry at 1 min interval for 3 times. For this I renamed the sftp folder temporarily, but the workflow run itself failed and in the very first attempt.

We need a solution such that for any kind of error, we should be able to retry.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Connectors  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Losing "statecode" in Dynamics CRM inputs when toggling between Designer and Code View

When I toggle between the Designer and the Code View, I lose the "statecode" input element, and its value, for a Dynamics CRM Insert and Update ('patch' method).

When using Dynamics CRM entities, I need to set whether the record is 'active' or 'inactive'. Therefore, I need to correctly set both "statuscode" and "statecode". When "statecode" disappears, then subsequent LogicApp runs which change from active to inactive which encounter runtime errors due to failed validation as the new combination is invalid (the reason why both codes need to be set correctly)

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Issue HTTP request wrong format body input

When call HTTP from Sharepoint Connect : File created in folder, the action generate this body:
    {
    "$content-type": "application/vnd.openxmlformats-officedocument.wordprocessingml.document",
    "$content": "UEsDBBQABgAIAAAA...."
    }

And when the action send this information to HTTP Request, the http action received this body coded as:
    "body": "PK\u0003\u0004\u0014\u0000\u0006\u0000\b\\u001d1舣....
    }

Before this week the body sent and the body in the iput for HTTP was the same and everything worked fine.

Now I cannot do anything because the body input its not the expected. I dont change anything in actions on Logic Apps.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Fix trigger for Azure blob storage

The new trigger for azure blob connector does not show in the UI this optional parameter:
    -)startTime
    -)timeZone

They can be used in the json but the UI does not provide the input (optional)

Without those parameters you can set the trigger frequency but you cannot set when to start counting periods.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Application insights actions stopped working

Both run and visualize queries application insights actions stopped working today.

AI responds with http code 500.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Bug: Azure Logic App fails after new Excel file upload to SharePoint Online

I am using Azure Logic Apps to extract data from an Excel file stored in SharePoint Online (Action: Office365 Load data from table). The Logic App runs fine, until someone uploads a new version of the Excel file. The metadata for the Excel table objects seems to become invalid. I can resolve this issue by editing the Logic App, reselecting the Excel file path and selecting the table from the dropdown again. Would be great if this was solved!

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Office 365 connectors timing out after inactivity

Both the Excel and Outlook connectors are becoming disconnected when they haven't been triggered for approx. 5-7days, meaning they fail when called and we have to re-authenticate them

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. From where can I get Primary access key and secondary access key of my logic app?

From where can I get Primary access key and secondary access key of my logic app?

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Initial message fails to post to BizTalk's Logic App adapter if the receive location was restarted

I noticed that when a on-prem BizTalk receive location with Logic App adapter was recycled, the first post from logic App to this location fails with the following error. Subsequent Logic App runs do post to the receive location successfully.

The requested action could not be completed. The detailed error is 'Received error payload from gateway service with ID 533734: Substituted: HttpRequestException:<pi>System.Net.Http.HttpRequestException: Error while copying content to a stream. ---> System.IO.IOException: The read operation failed, see inner exception. ---> System.Net.WebException: The request was aborted: The request was canceled.\r\n at System.Net.ConnectStream.BeginRead(Byte[] buffer, Int32 offset, Int32 size, AsyncCallback callback, Object state)\r\n at…

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Logic Apps

Feedback and Knowledge Base