Logic Apps

Logic Apps allow developers to design workflows that articulate intent via a trigger and series of steps, each invoking an App Service API app whilst securely taking care of authentication and best practices like durable execution.
If you have any feedback or ideas on Azure Logic Apps we’d love to hear it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Open Source Connectors (Twitter, Twilio, Dropbox etc)

It would be great if the connectors such as Twitter, Twilio, Dropbox etc.. could be made Open Source so it could be forked on GitHub so that I can make the Twitter connector return a more complex object such as the media object ie the photos attached.

For reference here is the forum post re Twitter API Connector
    https://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/5723ebf9-4949-430d-8ab7-a428e81278f6/twitter-api-connector-why-is-the-response-object-not-the-same-as-the-main-twitter-api?forum=AzureAPIApps

134 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Microsoft
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    9 comments  ·  Connectors  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Azure AD Connector

Trigger on Account/Group Creation
    Create Contact in Azure AD
    Lookup/Search Information in Azure AD

130 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    8 comments  ·  Connectors  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Add trigger for Azure blob storage connector

Add trigger to the Azure blob storage connector to allow for workflow to be initiated when a file is added to a storage container

118 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    7 comments  ·  Connectors  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. 114 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Connectors  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Regular Expressions

I'm actually shocked that this functionality doesn't currently exist in Logic Apps or Flow. Basic regular expression support would be extremely useful for validation, extraction, or simple transformations and eliminate a lot of clunky expressions or Azure Functions for basic tasks like getting a date out of a file name.

A function would be nice and lightweight, but a Regex connector would allow for more flexibility in a declarative manner. (Such as returning a match object with named subgroups.)

108 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    6 comments  ·  Connectors  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Creation and modification of variables

The ability to create and modify variables such as strings, datetime, Booleans, Integers etc would be very welcome.

Additionally being able to modify these such as adding X hours to a datetime var or editing a string with regex.

These additions would allow for much more complex logic for Flow and allow for enterprise level logic to be created.

106 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    completed  ·  4 comments  ·  Designer  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Intellisense / help on WDL expressions

As described in my blog post http://blog.integrationsoftware.se/azure-app-services-series-finding-1-problems-using-workflow-definition-language-in-logic-apps/ one of the problems we see using WDL expressions in the current interface is the basically non-existing help of how to use WDL. We get some help when choosing what input to send into an action, we see a drop down with all available action result items. But let's say we want to use a condition - there is no dropdown for using an action's status, e.g. @actions('youraction').status to use in a condition such as @equals(actions('youraction').status,'FAILED').

There is no help about errors returned by actions/triggers which can be used as an input for…

104 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Designer  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Receiving IDOCs from SAP

At this point we are only able to push messages to SAP (send an IDOC or call a BAPI/RFC and get the response back) with the SAP Connector from marketplace. Would be nice if we are also able to receive IDOCs from SAP.

101 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    completed  ·  5 comments  ·  Connectors  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Limit the number of concurrent logic app instances

Nice to see that the "singleton" feature has been introduced!
    Why not taking it one level further and make the number of allowed concurrent instances configurable?
    In this way, we can easily "throttle" the logic apps by configuration in case the backend system cannot handle a high load.

99 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    5 comments  ·  Workflow runtime  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. OneNote Connector

Allow Actions and Triggers to save content in OneNote.

OneNote is my central notetaking application. I would like to flag content in emails, Facebook, Twitter, etc which is then automatically saved into a OneNote notebook.

97 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    5 comments  ·  Connectors  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Please provide support for Visual Studio integration, next to the Browser

I really would love to see integration with Visual Studio and TFS.
    Please think about ALM. Doing everything in the portal (including rules, mapping, etc) is nice, but for real enterprise scenarios, we need version and source control, we need to see the Logic App (json) in the same solution as our custom API apps, etc.

I really would love to see a Visual Studio designer experience for more complex workflows as well. The portal is nice for self-service and easy workflows, but it takes some time and is limited in its nature, compared to pro-dev experience in Visual Studio

93 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    4 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    completed  ·  Azure portal team responded

This week, as a part of SDK 2.6 you can now create and deploy Logic apps from VS. This gives you the ALM aspect here: you can check in the definition along all of your other source.

However, we don’t yet have the visual designer in VS (today you can edit the JSON directly). If you’re interested in that as well please open a separate feature ask. Thanks!

12. JSON Transform Functions

We often need to take a response from one API, transform it, then send it to another API. An example would be taking payment notifications from Paymill and sending a message to Slack.

Having a transform "step" that could do this would be really useful - perhaps providing a JavaScript function to do the transformation.

90 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Remove file size limit of 50MB of FTP Connector and allow multi gigabyte transfers or make this conifigurable.

The FTP Connector currently has a limit on the file size that can downloaded of 50MB. This is tiny for applications and means I'm unable to use this connector.
    I'd like to see no limit or a configurable limit on the file size.

89 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    8 comments  ·  Connectors  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Add gmail to Microsoft Flow

Add Google Gmail as a connector

83 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    5 comments  ·  Connectors  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Add Rename action to SFTP/FTP/Storage etc. connectors

Transferring files with a temporary file name and renaming after completed upload is standard practice, supported for example by BizTalk since beginning.

But currently Rename action seems to be missing from file based connectors (SFTP/FTP/Blob/File).

A workaround could be 1) copy temp --> final 2) delete temp, but simple rename would be more reliable as copy creates a new file which could cause problems.

Unfortunately it seems that this is still a very common scenario especially in B2B message exchange, so rename support would increase reliability,

82 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    completed  ·  10 comments  ·  Connectors  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. enhance the office 365 email connector to access shared mailboxes

It appears that the Office 365 get an email connector does not support any operation but those on the mailbox of the user who is authenticated.

I think it would be a common scenario for users to want to have a service account authenticated in logic apps which can access one or more shared mailboxes for various reasons.

Please add the ability for the email connector to specify a mailbox other than the default for the authenticated user.

76 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    6 comments  ·  Connectors  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Ability to drag and rearrange connectors

I would like to be able to drag and rearrange connectors in the visual design surface in the browser. I assume I could do this in the code view manually, although I didn't try at the time, but a simple drag would be nice. I'm really looking forward to seeing where this is going, and looks similar to IFTT. Thanks!

73 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Designer  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. VNet Support for Logic Apps

Add VNet support to Logic Apps. Allow Logic Apps to plug into an existing VNet to support network isolation.

73 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Workflow runtime  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Add approval workflow like Sharepoint

Add approval workflow like Sharepoint? e.g. a New record is created in Order table and need to start approval workflow

71 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Add Azure Logic and Api Apps to Azure Government

Currently a list of services exposed by Azure Government is significantly smaller than in Azure Public and it's lacking services that can be used for integration projects. It seems that Azure Logic Apps will become a main-stream integration platform for cloud services, and so it must be included in Azure Government.

71 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    6 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Logic Apps

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base