Logic Apps

Logic Apps allow developers to design workflows that articulate intent via a trigger and series of steps, each invoking an App Service API app whilst securely taking care of authentication and best practices like durable execution.
If you have any feedback or ideas on Azure Logic Apps we’d love to hear it.

How can we improve Microsoft Azure Logic Apps?

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Office 365 connectors timing out after inactivity

Both the Excel and Outlook connectors are becoming disconnected when they haven't been triggered for approx. 5-7days, meaning they fail when called and we have to re-authenticate them

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: oidc
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Logic Apps AS2 encoding incorrectly creates a base64 MIME part without line breaks

A signed AS2 message, generated by the Logic Apps AS2 encode action, looks something like:

Content-Type: multipart/signed;
    protocol="application/pkcs7-signature";
    micalg="sha1";
    boundary="_48c45571-a0d0-49cc-b980-72e58e45eb46_"

--_48c45571-a0d0-49cc-b980-72e58e45eb46_
    Content-Type: text/plain; charset=utf-8
    Content-Transfer-Encoding: binary
    Content-Description: body

<test/>
    --_48c45571-a0d0-49cc-b980-72e58e45eb46_
    Content-Type: application/pkcs7-signature;
    name="smime.p7s"
    Content-Transfer-Encoding: base64

[extremely long base64 string]

--_48c45571-a0d0-49cc-b980-72e58e45eb46_--
    The trouble I am having is that I am trying to verify the signature of this message using OpenSSL and it is rightly rejecting it, because [extremely long base64 string] does not have line breaks as per the S/MIME standard. RFC1341 is unequivocal; it states:

The output stream (encoded bytes) must be represented in lines of no more than 76…

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Email Trigger

Request to Develop a Trigger, when there is an update in only selected column.

Presently when there is a update or append in the database we are getting emails. Instead of that, request to develop a trigger for a particular column when the particular column values updated or appended and then trigger should fire a email alert.

Thanks
    Sandeep

0 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. File Storage Action

File Storage > List Files > Last Modified Date returns as 0001-01-01T00:00:00Z on all files.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Issue HTTP request wrong format body input

When call HTTP from Sharepoint Connect : File created in folder, the action generate this body:
    {
    "$content-type": "application/vnd.openxmlformats-officedocument.wordprocessingml.document",
    "$content": "UEsDBBQABgAIAAAA...."
    }

And when the action send this information to HTTP Request, the http action received this body coded as:
    "body": "PK\u0003\u0004\u0014\u0000\u0006\u0000\b\\u001d1舣....
    }

Before this week the body sent and the body in the iput for HTTP was the same and everything worked fine.

Now I cannot do anything because the body input its not the expected. I dont change anything in actions on Logic Apps.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Bug: Azure Logic App fails after new Excel file upload to SharePoint Online

I am using Azure Logic Apps to extract data from an Excel file stored in SharePoint Online (Action: Office365 Load data from table). The Logic App runs fine, until someone uploads a new version of the Excel file. The metadata for the Excel table objects seems to become invalid. I can resolve this issue by editing the Logic App, reselecting the Excel file path and selecting the table from the dropdown again. Would be great if this was solved!

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Eliminate extra escape character in AS2's Content-Type

Encoding and decoding of AS2 Connecter adds extra escape character in Content-Type of OutboundHeaders and OutgoingMdn to OutboundHeaders

For example, it is not usually [\ t] like [\ tboundary = \ "~ \"] but is usually a space?

Or, depending on the partner's AS 2 software, this can not be interpreted and it becomes an error

Please fix it as soon as possible.

I'm sorry if I am funny because I use automatic translations

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Logic apps and Azure File storage restricted access

I have an Azure file storage which i want to Allow access from selected Networks.
    I have included the vnet where my other machines are and they can access it without issues.
    I have also included the IPs for LogicApps and other machines. Access from other machines works. The problem is that i cannot access the storage from Logic Apps! I am constantly having an error saying "Azure File Storage: This request is not authorized to perform this operation"

any help/suggestion is much appreciated.

Thank you
    EH

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Start VM with ARM connector results in 404 error

I attempted to start VM using ARM connector.
    The result is that 404 is returned and an error message "Unable to match incoming request to an operation." Is returned
    But the VM itself was running.

0 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. SQL Server connector - Logic App - Keyword not supported

When your DB password contain ";" you wont be able to use the task Execute Stored procedure from SQL SERVER

However all others tasks will work (Insert, Update ...).

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Cosmos DB connector - Create and Delete document - unauthorized

When using the cosmos db connector, I can insert and query the database, however whenever using the action for create a document or delete a document I receive an unauthorized error. I am using the same connection for all actions.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. MySql Get Maximum Count

Hi all

I've managed to create a logic app workflow that contains the MySql Connector. Connection works perfectly but I can't seem to get my desired number of rows. I've set the Get Maximum Count to 500000 and my on-prem db has about 12000 records but I can only seem to pull the default 512 rows rather than all records even though I set a high maximum. Is there possibly somewhere else I'd need to configure that to get all my data? (I had already posted this question but under Connectors so figured it's better classified as a bug)

Thanks

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Office 365 Connector Ignores .msg (email file) attachment in incoming Emails

The bug is with the Office 365 connector when triggering on new incoming email.

The issue is when the incoming email contains a .msg file, or Outlook item, as an attachment (read, email has an email as an attachment).

What I am experiencing is that the connector correctly sets "Has Attachment" as True, even when the email object is the only attachment, but the "Attachments" output is empty.

When the .msg is the only attachment the output reads as

"Attachments":[]

While the .msg attachment is directly ignored from the "Attachments" list if more attachments are included in the incoming mail.

37 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Auth error is returned depending on the value of RowKey

I wrote Insert or Merge with RowKey specifying "({MultiByte Chars})"
    The connector returned a 403 error.

I made Insert or Merge with RowKey specifying "({SingleByte Chars})"
    Processing was executed.

Only when trying to update TableStorage by specifying RowKey with a combination of MultiByte Chars and parentheses, it will be returned with an authentication error.

I summarized the situation on my blog
    https://logicflow-en-jp.blogspot.com/2018/02/auth-error-is-returned-depending-on.html
    http://blogahf.blogspot.com/2018/02/tablestrage-rowkey.html

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Custom connector for SOAP services incorrectly reports recursive definition in WSDL

While testing the custom connector for SOAP services, I found out my WSDL was reported to be incompatible due to having a "recursive definition".
    This appears to be not the issue on my WSDL. Please check the attached correct and error ones, which illustrate the issue.

Manually fixing it made the custom connector wizard accept the WSDL, but actually the WSDL should be accepted right away.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Issue with SQL API Connector

When trying to add a SQL connection in my Logic App, I enter the connection string details but then it throws the following error:

Please check your account info and/or permissions and try again. Details: Argument out of range
    inner exception: Index and length must refer to a location within the string.
    Parameter name: length
    clientRequestId:

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Issue with SQL API connector - Some of the connections are not authorized yet.

I am copying the same issue from another person. This seems to be a new bug.

My flows connecting to Azure SQL stopped working today as the lost the SQL connectoin I set up. Trying to set the sql connection again I get below error.

Some of the connections are not authorized yet. If you just created a workflow from a template, please click Continue to add the authorized connections to your workflow before saving.

I tried re-adding connection multiple times, but can't get pass this

19 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. List Blobs

"List Blobs" Action cannot find the blobs in the mentioned Container.
    The blobs do exist in the Cointaner.Seems like a bug as it has worked fine till Dec 2017.

"body": {
    "value": [],

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Custom Connector and basic authentication

Hello,

I'm trying to call an API hosted internally from Logic App. I use the On Prem Data Gateway. However, it seems there is a bug with the Basic Authentication.

I found that the password is replaced in the Authorization header by "HIDDEN". Username is sent encoded as expected.

for instance
    username = appLogicApp
    password = test-2018
    We should have
    Authorization: Basic YXBwTG9naWNBcHA6dGVzdC0yMDE4

We get :
    Authorization: Basic YXBwTG9naWNBcHA6SElEREVO

I don't know if the problem is in the On Prem Gateway or directly in the custom connector...

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Initial message fails to post to BizTalk's Logic App adapter if the receive location was restarted

I noticed that when a on-prem BizTalk receive location with Logic App adapter was recycled, the first post from logic App to this location fails with the following error. Subsequent Logic App runs do post to the receive location successfully.

The requested action could not be completed. The detailed error is 'Received error payload from gateway service with ID 533734: Substituted: HttpRequestException:<pi>System.Net.Http.HttpRequestException: Error while copying content to a stream. ---> System.IO.IOException: The read operation failed, see inner exception. ---> System.Net.WebException: The request was aborted: The request was canceled.\r\n at System.Net.ConnectStream.BeginRead(Byte[] buffer, Int32 offset, Int32 size, AsyncCallback callback, Object state)\r\n at…

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
← Previous 1 3 4
  • Don't see your idea?

Logic Apps

Feedback and Knowledge Base