Logic Apps

Logic Apps allow developers to design workflows that articulate intent via a trigger and series of steps, each invoking an App Service API app whilst securely taking care of authentication and best practices like durable execution.
If you have any feedback or ideas on Azure Logic Apps we’d love to hear it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. 2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Microsoft
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    1 comment  ·  Connectors  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Data Factory connector should be able to pass parameters into a pipeline

Currently the Data Factory connector does not support passing parameters into a Data Factory pipeline when creating a pipeline run.

41 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    completed  ·  1 comment  ·  Connectors  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Dynamics 365 Connector - Run Logic Apps for existing data instead of just triggers

The Connector triggers are limited to create/update/delete. So it will be helpful if we could run the same logic app for existing data for example an initial load even before looking for event triggers.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

You can write a logic app with a request trigger and have an Dynamics action that list all records and then handle the records as you like which can be manually invoked.
    As a pattern you can create a child logic app that handles Dynamics records that can be called either from the logic app with the Dynamics trigger or the logic app the trolls existing entities.

4. VNet Support for Logic Apps

Add VNet support to Logic Apps. Allow Logic Apps to plug into an existing VNet to support network isolation.

73 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Workflow runtime  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. MQ connector SSL Support

Please add functionality so that MQ connections can be SSL encrypted end to end (Logic App to IBM MQ & Logic App to IBM MQ via data gateway).

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    5 comments  ·  Connectors  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. sftp support for large files

Add ability for SFTP to handle larger files

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    completed  ·  3 comments  ·  Connectors  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Regular Expressions

I'm actually shocked that this functionality doesn't currently exist in Logic Apps or Flow. Basic regular expression support would be extremely useful for validation, extraction, or simple transformations and eliminate a lot of clunky expressions or Azure Functions for basic tasks like getting a date out of a file name.

A function would be nice and lightweight, but a Regex connector would allow for more flexibility in a declarative manner. (Such as returning a match object with named subgroups.)

108 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    6 comments  ·  Connectors  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. add new contact to mailchimp list

Would've thought this would be an obvious one but still doesn't seem to exist. I have a custom register interest workflow on my website which I use a logic app to pick up and automate contact creation etc. I want to be able to automatically add them in my Mailchimp list but can't at the moment :(

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Create Folder Using SFTp Connector

We have a big need to create folders in SFTP sites so we are then able to drop files in individual folders.

265 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    completed  ·  14 comments  ·  Connectors  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. 56 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    6 comments  ·  Workflow runtime  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. json file parsing base on the value do update /insert/ delete

We need a read a json string from a message and based on the post action we have update on prem sqlserver with values based on the json.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Workflow runtime  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

This can be accomplished today using the Request trigger with a relative path (for your operation) and a schema so that you can reference a JSON property as a token. Then you can use a switch statement to determine what action to take.

12. Sanitize Run History Content

Many authentication method used to connect to 3rd party system, cannot be passed as part of Authentication Header.
    Need a feature so that we can sanitize the content of Run History as required, so that all the developers/operation folks don't have access to credentials in plain text.

62 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    5 comments  ·  Management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Allow to export Logic App with parameters to be set with ARM Template parameters to ease CI/CD

Visual Studio Tools for Logic Apps allows you to download the ARM Template for a Logic App. This is handy. However, it would be even better to allow you to optionally add ARM Template parameters for every Logic App parameter so that Logic App parameters are set using ARM Template parameters.

This could help a lot to expedite creating ARM Templates for Logic Apps.

372 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    completed  ·  4 comments  ·  Management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Set Service Bus Message DeadLetterReason or DeadLetterErrorDescription

The Logic Apps Servicebus connector currently allows us to send a message to the DeadLetter-queue. It would be nice to be able to specify the DeadLetterReason and/or DeadLetterErrorDescription when moving a message to the deadletter queue

48 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    completed  ·  0 comments  ·  Connectors  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. On-Premise Data Gateway support for multiple subscriptions under a single Azure account

I'm told my the Azure support team that the On-premise Data Gateway does not support multiple subscriptions under a single Azure account. In practice this means that when you try and create a connection gateway in the Azure portal, the name of the gateway does not appear in the "Installation name" dropdown...

55 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    completed  ·  9 comments  ·  Enterprise Integration  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Increase file upload size to data lake

When uploading a file larger than 25MB to the data lake, the process fails with the FileNotFound error. This is because the parameter maxAllowedContentLength is hardcoded to 30000000.

16 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Let me select a new function and not just one I already created.

I'm trying to create an azure function that triggers from logic apps. I haven't written it yet, but logic apps wants me to pick one that is already written.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Designer  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Add connector to identify the face from person group.

After getting FaceId using Face API - Detect Faces connector, I will be looking for Face API - Identify.

For this currently I have created person group and trained.

Once I call Face API - Identify, which will find from existing person group.

Currently I need to find workaround for this.

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Connectors  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Integrate Staffhub with SAP

I would like to make it possible to integrate Staffhub with our SAP system. When a team member is done with his work shift, our SAP system will be updated.
    Staffhub has no integration APIs, so I thought maybe we can use a App Logic. Is it possible?
    thanks
    /Kourosh

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Versioning of Logic Apps

Would be great if I could check previous versions of my logic App (last 20 changes or so ..).

Multiple times I end up to have multiple browser tabs opening to the same logic app code and incidentally I click save in the wrong tab causing a save of old code :).

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
← Previous 1 3 4 5 12 13
  • Don't see your idea?

Logic Apps

Categories