Logic Apps

Logic Apps allow developers to design workflows that articulate intent via a trigger and series of steps, each invoking an App Service API app whilst securely taking care of authentication and best practices like durable execution.
If you have any feedback or ideas on Azure Logic Apps we’d love to hear it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Reset trigger state when a logic app is enabled

I just found out that logic apps trigger state is maintained when the logic app is disabled. This is a great feature, but usually one of the reasons to disable the logic app is to avoid events that are triggered during that period.

Today, the workaround to circumvent this is to manually make changes in the trigger and save the logic app again. This will reset the state.

What I suggest is that when you enable the logic app, the environment ask if you want to reset the state. This would put the control in the hands of the operational…

21 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Microsoft
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    under review  ·  1 comment  ·  Management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Provide billabe actions summary to Logic App Run History

It will be great to add billable actions breakdown to the Logic App run histroy/detail view. See attached illustration....

21 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Connector for Workday FPM

Customer is looking for a Logic Apps Connector for Workday FPM

8 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Connectors  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Provide action for sorting arrays and collections

There doesn't appear to be a way to sort any data in a collection/array. For example, I may retrieve a list of files from an sftp server. I would like to process those files in a particular sort order - such as filename or modified date.

61 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Workflow runtime  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. visual studio code

Allow Logic Apps designer to be used from within Visual Studio Code.

This would enable Logic Apps to be used in a cross platform manner outside the browser. Ideally the JSON file / template would be generated locally and would allow it to integrate with the VSCode git integration, which could then be deployed to Azure in the same way as for VS generally.

82 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Designer  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Provide insert connector for Azure Sql Warehouse

Need to insert data from google sheets to Azure Sql Warehouse.

127 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Connectors  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Should have OOB support for expressions/functions like split(), notequal(,) notnull(), isnull(), isint(),isfloat() etc.

I would love to see few basic expressions supported OOB.

Should have OOB support for expressions/functions like split(), notequal(,) notnull(), isnull(), isint(),isdouble()/isfloat() etc.

Though there are workarounds to handle these situations, they make code more complex to understand (increase complexity & maintainability).
    Also this adds flexibility and gives power to user to choose stuff of his choice. One may argue to use azure functions but then, users need to create such stuff on their own (or user 3rd party stuff, if supported) but having OOB support for basic stuff adds more power, flexibility, improves customer satisfaction & boost technology adoption.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  0 comments  ·  Workflow runtime  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Add to FTP/SFTP Option in On-Premises Data Gateway

Add to FTP/SFTP Option in On-Premises Data Gateway

Since I can not help using FTP by all means in the old environment of DC, I want you to add it to the option

Logic Apps does not pass because it is built in a blocked area

100 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  3 comments  ·  Connectors  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Expand on premises SQL stored procedure support

Currently 'Execute Stored Procedure' does not support ReturnCode or OutputParameters for on-premises SQL. These can be essential to some integration projects (eg. to get a count of affected rows), and without them it can be particularly problematic where there is no ability to change the stored procedures to work around this limitation.

17 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Connectors  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Provide SLA hints on each connector

I see so many developers getting caught off guard by not reading the SLA documentation on certain enterprise connectors which ends up failing in production.

Having the SLA easily visible or accessible in the designer may provide invaluable information right as I'm designing the workflow and help prevent a misuse of the connector.

0 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Designer  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Resubmit with resubmit-flag

It would be useful to know if the Logic App run was initiated by a user resubmitting. Currently, with a peek-lock Logic App, the status is always failure on resubmitted runs because the message doesn't exist to complete. If I could know if it was resubmitted I wouldn't try to complete the message.

22 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Workflow runtime  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Add trigger for Azure File Storage

The trigger should fire when there is a file added or modified on a azure fileshare.

You should be able to configure:
    - Folder to check
    - Pattern for filename (e.g.: *.csv)

961 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  29 comments  ·  Connectors  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Variable initialization inside a scope

I tried to add a scope with intention of initializing all the required variables in my logic app. It turns out that we cant use the variable initialization action inside a scope.

I would like to see ability to
    1> Define variables within a scope
    2>To be able to say if this is a local or a global variable.

This helps in many scenarios
    1> grouping all variable initialization into single scope- logic app looks tidier
    2> We might want to define few local variables.

Thanks
    Srini

81 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  4 comments  ·  Designer  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Timer Trigger CRON Scheduling

As part of the existing timer trigger it would be great if the interval could be set via CRON expressions, similar to how you allow this with Azure Functions.

For example, I have some scenarios when I want a Logic App to execute once per working day (Monday to Friday here) at 9am

Functions ref: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/azure-functions/functions-bindings-timer

18 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Workflow runtime  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Integration with Application Insights

1. Logic app should report telemetry to a configurable AI instance.

2. There should be a connection and triggers to react and integrate with AI.

66 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  3 comments  ·  Workflow runtime  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Connectors for Remedy

We are using Remedy for logging, updating and closing work items. Having a trigger on new work items would also be great.

13 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  1 comment  ·  Connectors  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Null check keyword

I'd like a keyword to check for a null value inside your message. I have found a way to hack together the current keywords to make something like this: @equals(coalesce(triggerBody()?.prop, 'Fallback42'), 'Fallback42'). But an isNull keyword would be a lot better.

49 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Workflow runtime  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Can we search the LogicApp run instance using TRACKING ID?

Good see the more search options in LogicApp run history like run identifier etc.
    It would be good if we can search the LogicApp run instance using TRACKING ID of action.

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Improve monitoring of outputs

For monitoring, outputs are preferred, compared to tracked properties, as they reside on the workflow run level itself. However, they are only tracked in case a Logic App succeeds. This feature request is to improve the monitoring experience of outputs. Two steps are proposed:

>> Ensure that outputs are also monitored in case a workflow runs does not complete successfully.
    >> Provide OMS integration for outputs and foresee configuration option to only monitor runs and no actions (will save a lot of unneeded records in OMS).

97 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Support Oracle View in Oracle Connector

The newly released Oracle connector only supports Oracle tables. Please add support for Oracle View.

43 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Connectors  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
← Previous 1 3 4 5 9 10
  • Don't see your idea?

Logic Apps

Categories