Logic Apps

Logic Apps allow developers to design workflows that articulate intent via a trigger and series of steps, each invoking an App Service API app whilst securely taking care of authentication and best practices like durable execution.
If you have any feedback or ideas on Azure Logic Apps we’d love to hear it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. environment

Logic apps should have a blade that contains configuration settings much like the application configuration settings that are present for App Services.

Currently I use several variable initialization steps within my logic app for configuration settings. These add visual clutter to my flows and make it difficult for others to quickly determine which variables are in fact configurable.

What I want is a blade that allows me to enter configuration settings in a name/value dictionary. These values should then be readable within my logic app from a settings object, such as:

@settings()?['my_key']

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Microsoft
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Enterprise Integration  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Version steps

Similar to Azure DevOps, Logic Apps hosts a marketplace of connectors, triggers and steps. Unfortunately, these are always the "latest" version per Microsoft's whim.

If a breaking change is introduced, the customer must scramble to meet spec or else, have a broken integration. Microsoft does it's best to communicate changes, but the lead time is arbitrary - not every team has the same capacity to absorb changes and some customer may be impacted more often than others.

It would be prudent to follow Azure DevOps lead by introducing a "version selector" on each step. This will grant both the developer…

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Enterprise Integration  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Power Platform native integration with Azure Logic Apps

Currently it is not possible to run a Logic App inside Power Platform environment in the same way as Flow.

As of 9-23-2019 the Power Platform environment provides integration with Microsoft Flow, PowerApps, and Power BI, but not Logic Apps.
    It would be nice to be able to add an Azure Logic App to a Power Platform Solution (e.g. a Model Driven App) in a similar way as one could add a Flow. For some projects the Logic Apps per-action billing as opposed to per-flow-run billing (and also, all the features that only exist in Logic Apps) would be really…

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Set a new feature to allow On-Premise Data Gateway to move from a tenant to another after installation

We have a roadblock in an important company project since we cannot set an On-Premise Data Gateway. The reason is as structured standard we have multiple tenants (directories) and after configuring the On-Premise Data Gateway on the machine and registering with an account that has Tenant administration, on the portal we are not able to see it, since the user is on one Tenant and the Gateway is on another. We are requesting the ability to move the gateway to the other tenant, but that is currently not possibly.

MS Product Group provided the following answer:

"Gateway doesn't have a…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. ARM template for event grid subscription

As of now there is no option to export ARM template to create event subscriptions for a storage account events. Need an ARM template to automate Event grid subscriptions for storage accounts

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Set-AzureRMIntegrationAccountAgreement should allow null identifier values

The ReceiverQualifier and SenderQualifier are optional in some EDI files, but to create a Partner is necessary to select a Qualifier value and there isn't the option to select something similar to "<NotValued>" as in BizTalk. MS has said: "This is already possible today except that the UI doesn’t support it." So we are following this advice but this limits automation possibilities including breaking some we had in place. If you use the “EditAsJson” view you end up with an invalid Agreement in some ways. For instance, Set-AzureRMIntegrationAccountAgreement requires a non-empty HostIdentity.Value and GuestIdentity.Value as does New-AzureRMIntegrationAccountAgreement.
    You can use…

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Prevent or warn against deleting Partner assigned to Agreement

It should not be so easy to even accidentally invalidate an agreement by deleting a business identity in use. This has happened to us at least twice.

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Logic app connector for Dynamics 365/ CDS should support attribute change tracking

logic app connector to update record in Dynamics / CDS does not support attribute change tracking. if source and target values for are same it just overwrites the attribute value, resulting in creating multiple audit history records and could trigger plugins/workflows registered on specific attribute update. Ideally connector should ignore attributes with same value.
    It would be helpful to have option in connector to enable change tracking or if entity change tracking is enable in Dynamics connector itself should take care of it.

17 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Enterprise Integration  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. HubSpot... Deals | Trigger on state change to "closed/won"

Love the HubSpot Linked service in ADF, but... I need to drive enterprise workflows based on a HubSpot Deal moving from any state to state == "closed/won".

Currently, I have to do it with time triggers and then loop through the HubSpot API or poll the HubSpot API, using up API calls...

Thanks,
    Michael

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Extend support for XSLT Map Transform with Saxon-PE or Saxon-EE parsers

For XSLT transformation, currently only the open sourced Saxon-HE is supported to implement XSLT 2.0/3.0. But some key xslt functions (xsl:translate) are not yet supported with Saxon-HE.
    In order to take full advantage of XSLT 2.0/3.0 capabilities, this has to be upgraded to Saxon-PE or Saxon-EE parsers.
    parser. This move would remove unnecessary constraints and benefit the MS Integration Developers Community.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Dynamics CRM - additional triggers

It would be helpful to have a trigger when
    - a new user is added to CRM or revoked
    - a user is added to a role (i.e. systemadministrator)
    We currently need this feature as we need a user who becomes systemadministrator has to be added to a AAD group which then will require MFA via conditional access.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Implement an action that disables the current Logic App for a certain period of time (circuit breaker)

If there was an action that disabled the current Logic App for a certain period of time, we could easily implement the circuit breaker pattern.

The idea is that under certain conditions, (e.g. a particular http status code at run time) we could call a Logic App action that disables the current Logic App for a period of time, for instance an hour.

This would be very handy for Logic Apps that are being triggered via Service Bus messages, so messages are kept in the queue while there is fault in the downstream system.

Then after that period of time,…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Enterprise Integration  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. BizTalk Vistual Studio integration - Enable Extensibility / Customization

I would like to extend some of the core BizTalk Visual Studio components, but it's difficult to do without re-writing extensive parts of the editors as most of the classes are internal or protected.
    If classes were made public by default then they could be re-used so only specific classes can be extended.
    Alternatively DI hooks could be added or the code for certain components could be made open source.

Examples of where I would like to extend:
    - Microsoft.BizTalk.Mapper.MapperVsPackage
    I would like to enhance the Functoid configuration dialog box to enable naming of the inputs and add custom editors…

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. JSON Conversion Function Expression does not support escaped strings.

Why does json() not function exactly like JavaScripts JSON.parse? Azure Storage Queue will escape my JSON string and I am unable to escape it by means of an expression, which means I have to leverage costly functions.

Sample usage: json(&#39;{\&quot;@odata.etag\&quot;:\&quot;\&quot;}&#39;)

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. BizTalk Mapper Schema Tree Enhancements

Here are a few ideas to improve the Schema tree of the BizTalk mapper:
    - Provide option to hide <Sequence> tag - the sequence tag is irrelevant for mapping and creates a lot of noise when using extensions within a schema and makes it appear as though items are more nested than they actually are.
    - Provide option to display type in node text - this is very useful for easily identifying complex items of the same type that can be mass copied.
    - Provide option to highlight mandatory fields - highlight in colour or bold.

BizTalk

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Historical run outputs should hide param values which are designated as securestring

Looking through Logic App historical runs, I can see secrets which are designated as securestring. MS sanitizes the output in certain cases - for example, the 'secret' when using Active Directory OAuth on an Http activity. It would be ideal if all logic app params which are typed as 'securestring' had their value sanitized when looking through historical runs

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. When file is completed created then trigger rather immediate trigger

Current File trigger has two options:

1- When file is added/modified
    2- When file is created

Above both are not working in simple case. It always throws error when file copy pasted because it gets triggered immidiatly while the file still being pasted.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. When file is completed created then trigger rather immediate trigger

2- When file is created

Above both are not working in simple case. It always throws error when file copy pasted because it gets triggered immidiatly while the file still being pasted.

0 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. When file is completed created then trigger rather immediate trigger

2- When file is created

0 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Allow installation of multiple on-premise data gateway on same computer for different subscription/tenant like MAC and MAG

As I work on and off between MAC and MAG, I need the way to install multiple on-premise data gateway on my PC for different tenant. Currently as per my understanding it is not possible for me to have multiple on-premise data gateway on my PC for different tenant. Once you install the on-premise data gateway, then it is tied to only single tenant that you used at the time of original installation. So I am unable to use my local dev server to use in my other tenant which is not used to register/install on-premise data gateway.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
← Previous 1 3 4 5
  • Don't see your idea?

Logic Apps

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base