Logic Apps

Logic Apps allow developers to design workflows that articulate intent via a trigger and series of steps, each invoking an App Service API app whilst securely taking care of authentication and best practices like durable execution.
If you have any feedback or ideas on Azure Logic Apps we’d love to hear it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Custom Retry policy for the HTTP connector

Hi,
    Is it possible to have a fine-grained control on retry policies for the HTTP connector to distinguished the use cases related to HTTP errors.
    For example: having a different policy for HTTP 500 error and another retry policy for HTTP error 429, ...

23 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Microsoft
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Connectors  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

The built-in retry policy won’t retry non-retry-able errors. Since there are many scenarios where users need to interrogate the content to determine how it should retry we thought it be better to keep the retry policies simple and allow users to utilize the do-until loop for more custom retry decision logic.

2. Logic app service bus message trigger.

Currently logic app service message trigger should poll every 1 mins to check any message exists and every trigger cost the customers and we would like to trigger executed automatically with out polling the trigger every 1 mins whenever message received to queue/topic.

121 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    7 comments  ·  Connectors  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. MQ connector in logic apps just stopped working

I had a (working) logic app which was sending data to an MQ queue. Now it has ceased to work because it's removed the datagram I was sending, which was the output of a previous action (parse JSON). When I go back into the logic app designer and try to add the message, it allows me to select it, but the designer does not allow me to save the changes.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. OneDrive Delete file action is not working

API not found error when its used

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Read a csv file and bulk load into Azure SQL table

I would like to read in a file from blob and add a row to a table in Azure SQL server. It would be nice to have a bulk import like bcp but also be able to add new rows as the file grows.

126 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Connectors  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Retry doesn't work with SFTP connector

There is something called RetryPolicy available for logic app actions to retry the actions in case of intermittent connectivity issues. I tried this option with an SFTP connector but was not able to find a scenario where the retry would happen.

My intention was to make sure the SFTP file upload action would retry at 1 min interval for 3 times. For this I renamed the sftp folder temporarily, but the workflow run itself failed and in the very first attempt.

We need a solution such that for any kind of error, we should be able to retry.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Connectors  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. O365 Outlook Connector - designer removes attachments array

I have a very simple logic app, consisting of two actions:
    1. Request (trigger)
    2. O365 outlook connector - send email

The first lines of my logic app:
    "$schema": "https://schema.management.azure.com/providers/Microsoft.Logic/schemas/2016-06-01/workflowdefinition.json#",
    "actions": {
    "Send_an_email": {
    "inputs": {
    "body": {
    "Attachments": "@triggerBody()['attachments']",
    "Body": "@{triggerBody()['mailBody']}",
    "Cc": "@{triggerBody()['ccToAddress']}",

Now when I save this app in code view it works perfectly fine. As soon as I make the mistake of opening the app in the designer it removes the 'attachments' line.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. ProsperWorks

I would love to connect with ProsperWorks APIs.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    declined  ·  0 comments  ·  Connectors  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    declined  ·  0 comments  ·  Connectors  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Add pay as you go connector APIs rather than rate limiting

It would be very useful to have the option to exceed the current limits set for some of the connectors, such as sending messages to a queue one by one can very quickly hit the limit.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Depending on the connector rate limiting can either protect the backend from abuse or the shared application resource to the service from being taken by a single user. Rate limits are re-evaluated based on usage and scale needs. If there’s a particular connector that is not meeting your throughput requirements let us know. We also recommend using the Circuit Breaker enterprise integration pattern for handling endpoint rate limits.

11. Connectors not found neither in resource group nor in marketplace

I was working with Drobbox, Sendgrid, Onedrive and FTP connectors and suddenly find it not available though earlier created logic apps still got it. Is there a way, I can get back connectors and templates and work the way I was comfortable. The new one is good but just cant hop to new one find day. Thanks for great platform.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Connectors  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Expose Connectors Swagger definition so an External application could consume and execute the connector

Have the ability to connect to Azure server and consume a connector.

Essentially expose the swagger of the connector and allow for the connector to be called from an external system.

So the external system would call some URL with the right information based on the Swagger definition.

62 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Connectors  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Logic Apps

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base