Logic Apps

Logic Apps allow developers to design workflows that articulate intent via a trigger and series of steps, each invoking an App Service API app whilst securely taking care of authentication and best practices like durable execution.
If you have any feedback or ideas on Azure Logic Apps we’d love to hear it.

How can we improve Microsoft Azure Logic Apps?

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Logic app service bus message trigger.

Currently logic app service message trigger should poll every 1 mins to check any message exists and every trigger cost the customers and we would like to trigger executed automatically with out polling the trigger every 1 mins whenever message received to queue/topic.

121 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Microsoft
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    7 comments  ·  Connectors  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Office 365 Connector Ignores .msg (email file) attachment in incoming Emails

The bug is with the Office 365 connector when triggering on new incoming email.

The issue is when the incoming email contains a .msg file, or Outlook item, as an attachment (read, email has an email as an attachment).

What I am experiencing is that the connector correctly sets "Has Attachment" as True, even when the email object is the only attachment, but the "Attachments" output is empty.

When the .msg is the only attachment the output reads as

"Attachments":[]

While the .msg attachment is directly ignored from the "Attachments" list if more attachments are included in the incoming mail.

37 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Passing datetime in Update a record(Dynamic 365)

When i update a record in Dynamic 365 with date field, and passing value '2014-05-12T04:05:28Z'. It run fail and get message: "Cannot convert the literal '2014-05-12T04:05:28Z' to the expected type 'Edm.Date'"

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. is it possible to deploy logic app to App Service Environment

is it possible to deploy logic app to App Service Environment

28 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    6 comments  ·  Enterprise Integration  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Logic Apps is not part of the App Service infrastructure and cannot be deployed to an ASE. To connect across a VNET the recommended pattern is to either use the on-premises data gateway for on-prem connectors or use API Management which can span VNETs/Express Route.

5. Logic app deployed by Windows power shell which is not woking, If I create manually it is working (I have used SFTP connector in Logic App)

Logic app deployed by Windows power shell which is not woking, If I create manually it is working (I have used SFTP connector in Logic App)

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Logic Apps AS2 encoding incorrectly creates a base64 MIME part without line breaks

A signed AS2 message, generated by the Logic Apps AS2 encode action, looks something like:

Content-Type: multipart/signed;
    protocol="application/pkcs7-signature";
    micalg="sha1";
    boundary="_48c45571-a0d0-49cc-b980-72e58e45eb46_"

--_48c45571-a0d0-49cc-b980-72e58e45eb46_
    Content-Type: text/plain; charset=utf-8
    Content-Transfer-Encoding: binary
    Content-Description: body

<test/>
    --_48c45571-a0d0-49cc-b980-72e58e45eb46_
    Content-Type: application/pkcs7-signature;
    name="smime.p7s"
    Content-Transfer-Encoding: base64

[extremely long base64 string]

--_48c45571-a0d0-49cc-b980-72e58e45eb46_--
    The trouble I am having is that I am trying to verify the signature of this message using OpenSSL and it is rightly rejecting it, because [extremely long base64 string] does not have line breaks as per the S/MIME standard. RFC1341 is unequivocal; it states:

The output stream (encoded bytes) must be represented in lines of no more than 76…

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Office 365 connectors timing out after inactivity

Both the Excel and Outlook connectors are becoming disconnected when they haven't been triggered for approx. 5-7days, meaning they fail when called and we have to re-authenticate them

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. File Storage Action

File Storage > List Files > Last Modified Date returns as 0001-01-01T00:00:00Z on all files.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Issue HTTP request wrong format body input

When call HTTP from Sharepoint Connect : File created in folder, the action generate this body:
    {
    "$content-type": "application/vnd.openxmlformats-officedocument.wordprocessingml.document",
    "$content": "UEsDBBQABgAIAAAA...."
    }

And when the action send this information to HTTP Request, the http action received this body coded as:
    "body": "PK\u0003\u0004\u0014\u0000\u0006\u0000\b\\u001d1舣....
    }

Before this week the body sent and the body in the iput for HTTP was the same and everything worked fine.

Now I cannot do anything because the body input its not the expected. I dont change anything in actions on Logic Apps.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Bug: Azure Logic App fails after new Excel file upload to SharePoint Online

I am using Azure Logic Apps to extract data from an Excel file stored in SharePoint Online (Action: Office365 Load data from table). The Logic App runs fine, until someone uploads a new version of the Excel file. The metadata for the Excel table objects seems to become invalid. I can resolve this issue by editing the Logic App, reselecting the Excel file path and selecting the table from the dropdown again. Would be great if this was solved!

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Issue with SQL API connector - Some of the connections are not authorized yet.

I am copying the same issue from another person. This seems to be a new bug.

My flows connecting to Azure SQL stopped working today as the lost the SQL connectoin I set up. Trying to set the sql connection again I get below error.

Some of the connections are not authorized yet. If you just created a workflow from a template, please click Continue to add the authorized connections to your workflow before saving.

I tried re-adding connection multiple times, but can't get pass this

19 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Cosmos DB connector - Create and Delete document - unauthorized

When using the cosmos db connector, I can insert and query the database, however whenever using the action for create a document or delete a document I receive an unauthorized error. I am using the same connection for all actions.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Logic apps and Azure File storage restricted access

I have an Azure file storage which i want to Allow access from selected Networks.
    I have included the vnet where my other machines are and they can access it without issues.
    I have also included the IPs for LogicApps and other machines. Access from other machines works. The problem is that i cannot access the storage from Logic Apps! I am constantly having an error saying "Azure File Storage: This request is not authorized to perform this operation"

any help/suggestion is much appreciated.

Thank you
    EH

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. OneDrive / OneDrive for Business Connector 'When a file is created' event not always firing

I have a Logic App which uses the OneDrive for Business Connector.

With the 'When a file is created' event, if I specify the root folder ('/') as the Folder property, then upload a file to the root folder, it works fine.

If I specify any other value, it doesn't fire, and is 'Skipped' in the History tab in Azure Portal.

The folder I'm wanting to observe is called 'Transcripts'; I have tried:
    * /Transcripts (this is what gets populated if I use the folder picker in Logic App Designer in VS2017)
    * /Transcripts/
    * Transcripts/
    * Transcripts

This seems…

29 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Eliminate extra escape character in AS2's Content-Type

Encoding and decoding of AS2 Connecter adds extra escape character in Content-Type of OutboundHeaders and OutgoingMdn to OutboundHeaders

For example, it is not usually [\ t] like [\ tboundary = \ "~ \"] but is usually a space?

Or, depending on the partner's AS 2 software, this can not be interpreted and it becomes an error

Please fix it as soon as possible.

I'm sorry if I am funny because I use automatic translations

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Issue with SQL API Connector

When trying to add a SQL connection in my Logic App, I enter the connection string details but then it throws the following error:

Please check your account info and/or permissions and try again. Details: Argument out of range
    inner exception: Index and length must refer to a location within the string.
    Parameter name: length
    clientRequestId:

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Start VM with ARM connector results in 404 error

I attempted to start VM using ARM connector.
    The result is that 404 is returned and an error message "Unable to match incoming request to an operation." Is returned
    But the VM itself was running.

0 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. List Blobs

"List Blobs" Action cannot find the blobs in the mentioned Container.
    The blobs do exist in the Cointaner.Seems like a bug as it has worked fine till Dec 2017.

"body": {
    "value": [],

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Custom Retry policy for the HTTP connector

Hi,
    Is it possible to have a fine-grained control on retry policies for the HTTP connector to distinguished the use cases related to HTTP errors.
    For example: having a different policy for HTTP 500 error and another retry policy for HTTP error 429, ...

23 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Connectors  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

The built-in retry policy won’t retry non-retry-able errors. Since there are many scenarios where users need to interrogate the content to determine how it should retry we thought it be better to keep the retry policies simple and allow users to utilize the do-until loop for more custom retry decision logic.

20. SQL Server connector - Logic App - Keyword not supported

When your DB password contain ";" you wont be able to use the task Execute Stored procedure from SQL SERVER

However all others tasks will work (Insert, Update ...).

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
← Previous 1 3 4
  • Don't see your idea?

Logic Apps

Feedback and Knowledge Base